Thread: DFI Lanparty DKX58 Intel Core i7 Motherboard HD Video

Thumbs up DFI Lanparty DKX58 Intel Core i7 Motherboard HD Video

DFI asked a film company to make a video of some of their features for the LANParty DFI DK X58 - T3eH6 motherboard. It has some on the fly overclocking results done in-house, and depicts the phase change between idle and load from 2 phase to 6 phase operation..
    Things that are good are the Auto Boost System which does auto OC up to 20% just by pushing F1. BIOS options (over 100).The Northbridge cooler coming off is also pretty cool (leaving the copper plate behind).

Check it out here

Nice video FirstZoom

Xtreme Addict
    Somewhere on earth between Taipei, Paris and Montreal
    \O/ nice to see video being more and more asked as media !
    Overclocking-TV Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post
    Ha, ha, ha.....NO WAY.....When I show someone preparing to take a shot, I hided the cigarette....

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Trouffman View Post
    \O/ nice to see video being more and more asked as media !
    More sexier than you Trouff'

Enfin, je me comprends ... ^^

Xtreme Addict
    now if only someone would start a series that is actually informative for the knowledgeable.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    the phase switching is a feature from intel, every x58 board does that :P
    its called psi iirc...

im confused about dfis naming... i thought lanparty is their top end and DK aka dark is the mainstream stuff? but this one is called lanparty DK?

there are no pciE switches, so the slots are hardwired to 16x 8x 8x? the video says 16x 16x sli and xfire, and the color coding suggests 16x 16x, but i see no pciE switches...?

the nb design is good, but it would be good if dfi could add mounting holes to that nb base plate, or add more mounting holes around the nb, to make it easier to mount other heatsinks or waterblocks. right now you have to use the same mounting holes to fasten both the nb/pwm base heatsink and the nb passive heatsink.

top notch heatpipes, nice
    6 fan headers, nice, but can they be adjusted in bios? how detailled can they be adjusted?

the smart pwm gui looks too big and chunky imo, i cant make out all the features it has...

the F1 ocing option is very lame imo, but unfortunately there are a lot of lazy idi0ts out there who want such a feature, so yeah, why not

power plus reset button = clearcmos, thats a good idea!

over 100 dfi unique bios settings? mhhh i find that hard to believe :P

the highest oc i saw was 200 bclock, thats what every board can do, dfis are known for high bclocks, at least 230, so id show that, its the main selling point of the board, its an enthusiast board that clocks better than other boards, so show it, dont hide it

amanda revita reporting haha sounds like cnn
    the video is a big grainy and shaky
    the system setup looks a bit messy
    the bios settings are not elaborated and shown in detail, thats the main point about dfi boards or any board, id recommend to show the whole bios in detail...

overall, not bad, but, we dont see a hot chic, and lets face it, thats what people want :P
    and it sounds like shes just reading a script and not actually knows what shes talking about... fair enough, its hard to find hot chics, any chics for that matter, that know tech stuff, but then at least let her talk about the basic stuff and have somebody else who knows about tech do the tech talk.

like: dfi puts a lot of emphasis on voltage and clockspeed tweaking, since their first x58 board they have a new option that allows you to set a diferent reference clock for the system to boot than what it will run at once its in windows, so you can boot at a lower bclock and it will increase once your in windows, vcore can either be adjusted by offsets or by changing the vid, etc etc... dfi has one if not the most extense memory tweaking section, with xx memory timing options and xx voltage and termination related settings etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Slovnaft View Post
    now if only someone would start a series that is actually informative for the knowledgeable.

btw, i just saw they got pics of the shooting on flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/firstzo...7617992394938/

Quote Originally Posted by Slovnaft View Post
    Sounds like a good idea, but what more would you want to know?

Most clips like the FirstZoom clips are too short to go into too much detail about anything.
    If you wanted to do some benching and teach people how to do it, I'm sure there would be a lot of interest, and each board is different, so there will be subtle differences between each show. Perhaps Trouffman will do something like that?

Xtreme Cruncher
    lol saaya, the king of criticisms. i love it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    the phase switching is a feature from intel, every x58 board does that :P
    its called psi iirc...

im confused about dfis naming... i thought lanparty is their top end and DK aka dark is the mainstream stuff? but this one is called lanparty DK?

there are no pciE switches, so the slots are hardwired to 16x 8x 8x? the video says 16x 16x sli and xfire, and the color coding suggests 16x 16x, but i see no pciE switches...?
    The information DFI supplied says that the PCIE slots are automatically 16x16x until a third card is added, in which case the PCIE slots change to 16x 8x 8x. It was mentioned as an automatic function, but how and if it works was not something we tested. We were asked to relay the information only.

the nb design is good, but it would be good if dfi could add mounting holes to that nb base plate, or add more mounting holes around the nb, to make it easier to mount other heatsinks or waterblocks. right now you have to use the same mounting holes to fasten both the nb/pwm base heatsink and the nb passive heatsink.
    There are separate holes for mounting your own heatsink ontop of the nb copper plate.

top notch heatpipes, nice
    6 fan headers, nice, but can they be adjusted in bios? how detailled can they be adjusted?

the smart pwm gui looks too big and chunky imo, i cant make out all the features it has...

the F1 ocing option is very lame imo, but unfortunately there are a lot of lazy idi0ts out there who want such a feature, so yeah, why not

power plus reset button = clearcmos, thats a good idea!

over 100 dfi unique bios settings? mhhh i find that hard to believe :P

the highest oc i saw was 200 bclock, thats what every board can do, dfis are known for high bclocks, at least 230, so id show that, its the main selling point of the board, its an enthusiast board that clocks better than other boards, so show it, dont hide it

amanda revita reporting haha sounds like cnn
    the video is a big grainy and shaky
    the system setup looks a bit messy
    the bios settings are not elaborated and shown in detail, thats the main point about dfi boards or any board, id recommend to show the whole bios in detail...
    The video is downgraded by Youtube. You could goto these other links where the video quality is more clearly evident.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2858567/

http://www.blip.tv/file/2146838

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v18502693Ycmj4BAZ

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=57761903

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/15733100

overall, not bad, but, we dont see a hot chic, and lets face it, thats what people want :P
    and it sounds like shes just reading a script and not actually knows what shes talking about... fair enough, its hard to find hot chics, any chics for that matter, that know tech stuff, but then at least let her talk about the basic stuff and have somebody else who knows about tech do the tech talk.
    DFI hired us to make a video on location. We made it and in turn hired a pro actress to do the voice over. In future projects, we would be happy to hire tech wizards who can actively speak about technology such as yourself should our client require that. Contact us and let us know.
    Regarding seeing hot chicks? well, the voice has a lot of promise, its rich and rewarding. I think imagination plays a role too ;-)
    Amanda Roveda can be seen in our other clips and is very kind to the eye. Please feel free to leave her a comment should you be so inclined.

like: dfi puts a lot of emphasis on voltage and clockspeed tweaking, since their first x58 board they have a new option that allows you to set a diferent reference clock for the system to boot than what it will run at once its in windows, so you can boot at a lower bclock and it will increase once your in windows, vcore can either be adjusted by offsets or by changing the vid, etc etc... dfi has one if not the most extense memory tweaking section, with xx memory timing options and xx voltage and termination related settings etc etc

btw, i just saw they got pics of the shooting on flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/firstzo...7617992394938/
    Thanks for the constructive criticism.