Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *** Corsair DOMINATOR 2000C7GT .:. DDR3-2533 CL7 3ch 6GB .:. Details inside & more***

Banned
    Absolutely breathtaking! ThaT cl6 is total geek pr0n!!

Xtreme Member
    Great Job! Amazing GT kit

Admin
    This is truly stunning

Though it's a huge tease not telling us what the voltages were. (So that we can try this at home, of course )

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
    This is truly stunning

Though it's a huge tease not telling us what the voltages were. (So that we can try this at home, of course )
    You can not try this at home. That's the catch.

Warning: Much of the results depicted and/or described on this thread are potentially dangerous. Virtually all of the results seen in the photos are from experienced cherrypickers. Do not attempt to duplicate any results that are beyond your own hardware's capabilities. Always wear the appropriate safety gear. And so on, and so on.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    OK, let's see...

I think some of you may have hard time believing, but this is not particularly awfully "cherry-picked" GT kit. As some already mentioned, there is a lot of effort put into screening for 2000C7GT spec, and although results I show here may not be typical, that's what is so great about this product! When you think you already reached the apogee, all stars come to near perfect alignment and you end up picking your jaw off the floor in result I don't want to imply that everyone will be seeing those types of results during their bench sessions with 2000C7GT, as there are also other factors involved in this success. But rest assured, that Dominator GT will not disappoint - it's "the one to rule them all" after all, right?

You asked about voltages... Actually, dinos22 was very close in his speculation, let's keep it at that for now There is also very low ambient temperature involved in this experiment as well...

Thanks for the good words and your support guys!
    Last edited by bachus_anonym; 05-21-2009 at 07:58 AM.

Memory Addict
    so DHX TEC ram cooler wasn't used ? come on voltages so we can try this ourselves hehe
    ---

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    It does indeed, new 975 with the best mem controllers
    what do you base this on?
    i highly doubt intel bins the memory controller...

nice results... how much higher are they than a normal 2000 c7 gt kit?

Xtreme Member
    i think 2,1vram and 1,7/1,8 vtt lol

Tyler Durden
    Bachus
    - AMAZING RESULTS! You sir, make me remember all the fun that memory tweaking can bring again. Just jaw dropping results, I am floored. When I saw the press release, I knew it had to be you manning the controls.

Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    what do you base this on?
    i highly doubt intel bins the memory controller...
    Why would you doubt that? Maybe not intentionally, but by binning the cores themselves, and ensuring the best silicon from each wafer is used in the creation of each 975, you are in a sense binning the memory controller as well.

Remember the S939 FX chips? Always had the best memory controllers. Granted, you could always get lucky and find a 3200+ with an equally good IMC, but your best bet was in the FX.
    Formerly XIP, now just P.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aerie View Post
    It's crazy high... How long did this kit survive? :P

Excellent results as always from Corsair. You just keep getting more and more popular at my list of favourite brands...
    If you could just send me one setup like to for being you fan, you would even top google :P

Smile

that is nuts

damm last set up i overclocked was ddr1 im so behind .

i think im going to buy there tec cooling and add on my 3 tec coolit eliminator

then lean to overclock again

can you guys post your setting im going to give it a go when i get my rig

Xtreme XIP

Thumbs up

xtreme energy
    Quote Originally Posted by EnJoY View Post
    Why would you doubt that? Maybe not intentionally, but by binning the cores themselves, and ensuring the best silicon from each wafer is used in the creation of each 975, you are in a sense binning the memory controller as well.

Remember the S939 FX chips? Always had the best memory controllers. Granted, you could always get lucky and find a 3200+ with an equally good IMC, but your best bet was in the FX.
    Exactly

Xtreme Member

Masta

Nice CPU and ... Mems

Xtreme Member
    Incradeble GT's.
    CL6 is really great!
    Intel Inside

Quote Originally Posted by AndreYang
    who care winrar benchmark in the world? lol

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by eva2000 View Post
    so DHX TEC ram cooler wasn't used ? come on voltages so we can try this ourselves hehe
    George,
    No, for those tests our Ice Series T30 was not used.
    Quote Originally Posted by aerie View Post
    OK, I will be more specific this time:
    1. The CPU I was using does not particularly like anything above 1.65V VTT (Uncore) Voltage. It just flat out either locks up or causes the system to not boot at 1.70V.
    2. VDIMM... Well, briefly I looked at 2.10V, but not much benefit there... So, now you all more-less know where I stand

Bachus
    - AMAZING RESULTS! You sir, make me remember all the fun that memory tweaking can bring again. Just jaw dropping results, I am floored. When I saw the press release, I knew it had to be you manning the controls.
    Damn dude, you don't want me to blush, do you? Seriously though, I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by LaMpiR View Post
    It's crazy high... How long did this kit survive? :P
    It's still going...
    Excellent results as always from Corsair. You just keep getting more and more popular at my list of favorite brands...
    If you could just send me one setup like to for being you fan, you would even top google :P
    Thanks a ton!
    Quote Originally Posted by yotomeczek View Post

Masta
    Nice CPU and ... Mems
    Heya Tomek! Dzieki (Thanks)!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kean View Post
    Incradeble GT's.
    CL6 is really great!
    Another fellow Polish comrade Thanks a lot! Means a lot to me that the news reached my homeland as well
    Last edited by bachus_anonym; 05-23-2009 at 12:22 PM.

Xtreme Member
    How were they cooled then?
    920 c0
    6gig Mushkin 1600 6-7-6-18 (Many thanks to TheGoatEater)
    285gtx
    Dfi x58 t3eh6

Xtreme X.I.P.
    if your binning the cores then you dont bin uncore or the imc... intel has never binned imcs, ever... and they havent binned uncore and imcs on i7 so far, so what makes you think all the sudden they will? they havent said anything in that regard, nothing at all, so why should they suddenly do something diferent?

they had imc and uncore both locked to the core clockspeed and running off of vcore and vdimm, so in that case its possible that by binning for the best cpu cores you end up binning for a good imc as a side effect, for i7 and phenom and phenom2 its diferent...

Memory Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by bachus_anonym View Post
    George,
    No, for those tests our Ice Series T30 was not used.
    OK, I will be more specific this time:
    1. The CPU I was using does not particularly like anything above 1.65V VTT (Uncore) Voltage. It just flat out either locks up or causes the system to not boot at 1.70V.
    2. VDIMM... Well, briefly I looked at 2.10V, but not much benefit there... So, now you all more-less know where I stand
    thanks for the info or what little of it you gave LOL

With Corsair GT 2000Mhz 7-8-7-20 from Corsair, I'm still hovering around DDR3-2160mhz 7-8-7-20 1T for 8x 32M pi, DDR3-2208Mhz 7-8-7-20 1T 32M pi and DDR3-2286mhz 7-8-7-20 1T for validation/1M pi for air cooled ram and i7 920 cpus - working to push higher
    ---

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bachus_anonym View Post
    Another fellow Polish comrade Thanks a lot! Means a lot to me that the news reached my homeland as well
    You're from Poland? : O
    Amazing results, though on some polish site, someone wrote '2500mhz, sounds proud, but it's not so big by %s '
    I34z1k
    LHe?
    Last edited by R0bert; 05-24-2009 at 08:05 AM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by I34z1k View Post
    How were they cooled then?
    Corsair Airflow but ambient temperature is not your room temperature
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bert View Post
    You're from Poland? : O
    Amazing results, though on some polish site, someone wrote '2500mhz, sounds proud, but it's not so big by %s '
    I34z1k
    LHe?
    Yes, I am
    Quote Originally Posted by eva2000 View Post
    thanks for the info or what little of it you gave LOL

With Corsair GT 2000Mhz 7-8-7-20 from Corsair, I'm still hovering around DDR3-2160mhz 7-8-7-20 1T for 8x 32M pi, DDR3-2208Mhz 7-8-7-20 1T 32M pi and DDR3-2286mhz 7-8-7-20 1T for validation/1M pi for air cooled ram and i7 920 cpus - working to push higher
    Hehe, oh come on, I gave a lot - VDIMM below 2.10V, and VTT up to 1.70V. But reaching anything higher than great clocks you already accomplished (especially for 8x32M), without resorting to sub-zero CPU cooling is going to be very difficult on Core i7.
    Last edited by bachus_anonym; 05-24-2009 at 09:14 AM.

Champion
    Wow, amazing man! Congrats!

It's the time change my magic D9JNM's...
    "We are competing, competing to win. And the main motivation is to compete for victory" - Ayrton Senna

Xtreme Member
    Some helium could be interesting

Thanks Bachus
    920 c0
    6gig Mushkin 1600 6-7-6-18 (Many thanks to TheGoatEater)
    285gtx
    Dfi x58 t3eh6

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by over@locker886 View Post
    It's the time change my magic D9JNM's...
    I think it is!!! Go for Elpida chips

impressive results.. any CL5?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast