To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Xtreme Addict
    windvd is the only one to be...i wanted to get in on the IN feeling here

i use windvd and slyfox

Xtreme Member
    Over the mountains and down in the valley
    Personally I don't use any BD software. I make my own rips with X264. PDVD sucks. It doesn't let you play from the HDD. If you absolutely must play from disk, why aren't you all using Arcsoft?
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    using a OCed quad for torrenting is like robbing your local video store with a rocket launcher.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I bought a Sony BD (Blu Ray reader) for my PC recently and even though it comes bundled with a suitable version of power DVD I've not been able to play my discs on this computer because my LCD is not up to some new standard or something?

I've been thinking about buying a HANNS 28" LCD that apparently will work via its DVI to HDMI input, the ANY DVD HD program costs about £70 here, that would work, but that's a large chunk of what a new compliant LCD would cost ... so I'll wait.

No problems with the PS3 though on my main 50" HD TV, great Blu Ray player.

Whoever was responsible for this mess needs to be shot, what have they accomplished by it? its going to put people off Blu Ray as has already been mentioned.

Xtreme Guru
    *chew

8.12 drivers? c'mon we're 9.5 by now :P
    mobo: strix b350f
    gpu: rx580 1366/2000
    cpu: ryzen 1700 @ 3.8ghz
    ram: 32 gb gskill 2400 @ 3000
    psu: coarsair 1kw
    hdd's: samsung 500gb ssd 1tb & 3tb hdd

Xtreme Member
    "I bought an LG GGW-H20L Combo Blu-ray burner/HDDVD-ROM drive. It is an absolutely superb drive that cost me $250 brand new"

i say return the drive if you can. instead of the LG GGW-H20L why dont you just get the lg GGC-H20L? its $150 less, it might not be able to burn blu-rays but i dont understand the point in paying such a high amount of money for the media when you can get an external terabyte nowadays for around $100.
    Last edited by phantomferrari; 05-30-2009 at 10:30 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by M31 View Post
    I bought a Sony BD (Blu Ray reader) for my PC recently and even though it comes bundled with a suitable version of power DVD I've not been able to play my discs on this computer because my LCD is not up to some new standard or something?

I've been thinking about buying a HANNS 28" LCD that apparently will work via its DVI to HDMI input, the ANY DVD HD program costs about £70 here, that would work, but that's a large chunk of what a new compliant LCD would cost ... so I'll wait.

Whoever was responsible for this mess needs to be shot, what have they accomplished by it? its going to put people off Blu Ray as has already been mentioned.

Its why we all hate sony =)
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by i found nemo View Post
    *chew

8.12 drivers? c'mon we're 9.5 by now :P
    Heh my intel rig is neglected as of late. Can't imagine why
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

I am Xtreme
    you don't need any software for blu-ray playback. you just need the VC-1 codec from microsoft... I've got blu-ray playback working under windows x64 and vista x64.

use google punks!

Asus Z9PE-D8 WS with 64GB of registered ECC ram.|Dell 30" LCD 3008wfp:7970 video card

LSI series raid controller
    SSDs: Crucial C300 256GB
    Standard drives: Seagate ST32000641AS & WD 1TB black
    OSes: Linux and Windows x64

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    Heh my intel rig is neglected as of late. Can't imagine why

cuz the green side!?!?!

lol

if you ever get sick of ur intel rig :P
    mobo: strix b350f
    gpu: rx580 1366/2000
    cpu: ryzen 1700 @ 3.8ghz
    ram: 32 gb gskill 2400 @ 3000
    psu: coarsair 1kw
    hdd's: samsung 500gb ssd 1tb & 3tb hdd

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by safan80 View Post
    you don't need any software for blu-ray playback. you just need the VC-1 codec from microsoft... I've got blu-ray playback working under windows x64 and vista x64.

use google punks!
    Care to explain how? Will this work with WMP or Media center?

Quote Originally Posted by M31 View Post

u dont have an HDCP monitor, u have to rip the disk then watch it if u dont, they have a warning that u need hdcp for blue ray fo years and once they flipped the flag on the disks people complained, its not like there is anything other than a crt that dosnt need an upgrade that came out before HTPC
    Last edited by zanzabar; 06-23-2009 at 01:29 PM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by IamAnoobieCheez View Post
    First of all, PowerDVD from Cyberlink sucks.
    I agree but not because of the updates, the program is very clunky and awkward in my experience, feels bloated or something.
    TJ07 | Corsair HX1000W | Gigabyte EX58 Extreme | i7 930 @ 4ghz | Ek Supreme | Thermochill PA 120.3 | Laing DDC 12v w/ mod plexi top | 3x2gb Corsair 1600mhz | GTX 680 | Raid 0 300gb Velociraptor x 2 | Razer Lachesis & Lycosa | Win7 HP x64 | fluffy dice.

mpc-hc and .m2ts....

Amateur's...

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by NidStyles View Post
    mpc-hc and .m2ts....

Amateur's...
    Was just about to post this

Seriously, even mpc-hc will open the main m2ts automatically for you nowadays if you use open directory and point it to the stream folder.

Just make sure you have MPEG PS/TS splitter enabled in internal filters and an h264 decoder (eg ffdshow tryouts/coreavc) and a decent audio decoder (ac3filter/ffdshow tryouts)

I wouldn't touch windvd or powerdvd with a 622 mile long pole
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz . DFI DK P45-T2RS Plus . XFX 9800GT 512MB . 8GB OCZ Blade PC2-9200 . WD6400AAKS AHCI .
    Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic . Hanns.G 28" LCD . Thermalright U120-E . Seasonic S12 600w . Windows 7 Professional E Retail x64 .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12