Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rampage II Extreme Blocks

I am Xtreme
    I don't want to discuss or debate a person's attitude. It is hard to convey intent and emotion on an internet forum. Eddy should be commended for taking the time to post here in the first place. Let's just stick to discussing the products and suggest what we would like to see.
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Addict
    Hey, I did not want to have any kind of attitude than to help EK customers and also any other Xsys user.
    I appreciate everyones opinion very much!
    Quote Originally Posted by creidiki
    EKs are like waterblock pr0n

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    Read Eddy's post again guys. He says "are you sure it needs to be cooled?" "I don't". This implies he feels it doesn't get hot enough to make it worth his effort to design a block. We're getting a different story from ppl that actually own and use the board. He then goes on to say "But I know sometimes we have to make something additionally just to satisfy customers of what they think they need" which was an obvious shot at the members here that demanded he start adding standoffs to his FC GPU block because some ppl (experienced users I might add) were shorting out their cards with his blocks.
    A waterblock maker doesn't think a certain component needs to be cooled, but if there is a demand he will make a block anyway. Nothing wrong with that statement. You people are sure a fickle bunch lol.

And btw finger testing is not a good test at all. You'll burn yourself at much lower temperature than are acceptable.

Xtreme Member

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince21 View Post
    what we hate the most on this forum is people who copy stuff without giving credit.

That block you are talking about:

is the koolance block

With the DRAM cooler:
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Xtreme Addict
    Eh, the knockoff looks better imo.

Kidding, kidding!

Xtreme Member
    What you talking about I just gave a link to the story I saw..what credit for that

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Fox View Post
    dont make me slap you silly with my classified + blocks

Quote Originally Posted by Prince21 View Post
    What you talking about I just gave a link to the story I saw..what credit for that
    yeah i went on TPU and made sure they gave credit it was koolance.

The article said he was his custom blocks... thats absolute bull....

its like me taking my steel plate, then asking Bei to laser Etch haruhi diagonally. That does not make those blocks my own design custom blocks.

That is the steel plate u need to mod, and look its NOT very difficult.

Prince koolance makes nice stuff now, there nothing like they used to be.
    The one company that seriously suprised the entire XS community is koolance, and there kicking butt in this industry again.
    Last edited by NaeKuh; 05-19-2009 at 01:30 PM.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by NaeKuh View Post
    dont make me slap you silly with my classified + blocks
    Sly, don't worry. His board and blocks stand out so much, you'll be able to dodge them even if they're traveling at the speed of light. Just look for the red blur.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Praxis1452 View Post
    A waterblock maker doesn't think a certain component needs to be cooled, but if there is a demand he will make a block anyway. Nothing wrong with that statement. You people are sure a fickle bunch lol.
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by creidiki
    EKs are like waterblock pr0n

Xtreme Member
    Yeh this just shows he has not done his research, poor research, from a industry point of view, why would u make a block to make profit and money. Of course this is there aims, but redesigning a block involves more costs and stuff, they taken the easy way to just make a block as simple as possible and make max profit. Praxis1452 you got no idea how these companies work. Of course Eddy will never admit this.

Xtreme Member
    i think you guys are being to hard with eddy.
    he has done many great products for us so far.
    but since we (customers) are getting more demanding and nowadays are looking options to save every cent, its no wonder that product optimization takes place.
    why bothering and making something that there is "no" special need for, hence making product more expensive?
    I think his question was more retorical than one that needs answer to.

i trust his experience and that he ll take in mind these comments when developing new products.
    Cmndt. Eric Lassard: What is the most frustrating thing about police work?
    Tackleberry: Not being able to carry hand grenades, sir.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Fox View Post

Kidding, kidding!
    it does look cool dont it, but it makes you wonder who came first...just because one got marketed first does mean they made it first lol.....their the same you guy it for customer service I say.

Gotta say, I love my BP R2E block. I did however have it re-plated and polished the copper parts.

In addition, I'm still using the Asus LED, which is stuck beneath the BP plexi.

Last edited by mremulator; 05-20-2009 at 03:31 AM.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry View Post
    i think you guys are being to hard with eddy.
    he has done many great products for us so far.
    but since we (customers) are getting more demanding and nowadays are looking options to save every cent, its no wonder that product optimization takes place.
    why bothering and making something that there is "no" special need for, hence making product more expensive?
    I think his question was more retorical than one that needs answer to.

i trust his experience and that he ll take in mind these comments when developing new products.
    Actually, we've been very forgiving of Eddy for quite a while. Some of us however, have gotten tired of him just tossing out products just to be the "first to market" only to have it be proven to be sub standard. It's a re-occurring theme with EK that started roughly around the the release of the multi-res. It was released and found to be "defective" in that it didn't prevent cyclones. EK's answer?...the anti cyclone plate, which still doesn't work in every case. Then came his D5 top, when it was released, it offered zero improvement in flow or pressure over stock. EK's answer?...again, ~6 months after the top was released, he releases a new version, with marginal improvement in flow. Then there's the whole full cover standoff debacle in which he "suggested" that ppl like NaeKuh and CyberDruid were somehow "incapable of properly installing a GPU block". Of course, I've only touched the brightest "highlights" of Eddy's run ins with the XS community.

All we are asking is that he takes his time and gets the products right...the first time.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Xtreme Member
    Well said waterlogged

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    Actually, we've been very forgiving of Eddy for quite a while. Some of us however, have gotten tired of him just tossing out products just to be the "first to market" only to have it be proven to be sub standard. It's a re-occurring theme with EK that started roughly around the the release of the multi-res. It was released and found to be "defective" in that it didn't prevent cyclones. EK's answer?...the anti cyclone plate, which still doesn't work in every case. Then came his D5 top, when it was released, it offered zero improvement in flow or pressure over stock. EK's answer?...again, ~6 months after the top was released, he releases a new version, with marginal improvement in flow. Then there's the whole full cover standoff debacle in which he "suggested" that ppl like NaeKuh and CyberDruid were somehow "incapable of properly installing a GPU block". Of course, I've only touched the brightest "highlights" of Eddy's run ins with the XS community.

All we are asking is that he takes his time and gets the products right...the first time.
    Please note FOR THE MOST PART Waterlogged is discussing products . . . .these comments are what should be posted. Specifics are always welcomed.
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Member
    I am sorry I started this thread now

What a first thread eh? :P

Anyway - I am having second thoughts about the EK blocks now due to no cooling for the ROG Chip (proper name? What does it do?)

I am thinking Koolance, painted black or white or something somehow.

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterStoba View Post

Anyway - I am having second thoughts about the EK blocks now due to no cooling for the ROG Chip (proper name? What does it do?)

its not hard to paint the steel plate.

ive done it on my classified blocks.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterStoba View Post

Don't be. If it didn't happen here, it would have happened in some other topic. I'm one of very small handful of ppl here that's not afraid to speak what's on my mind and I usually don't pull any punches, but I always try to do it in a manner that's civilized and with a sense of respect. I'll tell you this though, there are a lot of ppl out there that aren't as vocal as I am, but they most certainly agree with what I've said here.

I've chewed into other manufacturers here as well with MountianMods being the most recent about their "recycling policy", so I'm not just targeting EK...I'm an equal opportunity chewer. Screw up and you'll hear from me.
    Circles SucQ!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12