Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: OCZ 8500 Low-Voltage Blade

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Machine View Post
    Because others get to know what IC's you use, so they can compete, and we get lower prices on better mems? Don't see how that makes us our own enemies.
    Well, philosophy of those manufacturers is quite simple. You need to keep customers in dark area, without knowing anything, except speed and CL. Plus is good to make things non-OCable, so they MUST buy faster ones.

Its same as any goverment, give us your money and don't ask any questions. Cause, WE! want to profit, got it? So STFU and buy those hyper-expensive rams.

Ofc. its all by economical rules etc. but it kinda lacks any enthusiasm and ethics. And I wonder, where world of IT would be without entusiasts..

But, go on OCZ, kill yourself, we have lots of other manufacturers. You are not needed, you need to make yourself to "be needed". Which is part that you don't get Im afraid.

//Sorry for being little more off-topic. Those rams are surely great and if I had DDR2 setup, I would probably buy them. And cause I don't, I'll at least recommand them to ppl who need good DDR2..
    Last edited by Mescalamba; 05-18-2009 at 09:49 AM.
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Dave's Mentor!
    Because others get to know what IC's you use, so they can compete, and we get lower prices on better mems? Don't see how that makes us our own enemies.
    its all about the $$
    after 20+ sets i still lookin to buy

maximus IV extreme gtx580
    gigabut p67-ud7
    p67 sabertooth
    2500k+2600k
    antec 1200watt
    EVGA classified 760
    920 Batch# 3849B018 4.985ghz@1.52v gtx285 ftw sli
    OCZ3RPR1866LV6GK hypers
    dfi ut p35 rampage extreme
    gigabut p35c-ds3r bios suks
    gigabut x38-d6q dead thank god
    ballistix 8500 1240mhz@2.02v

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ok with the chips, let's see real performance: max 24/7 freaquency with timings(CL3, CL4, CL5) and voltage...
    An unfortunate person is one tries to fart but sh1ts instead...

My Water Cooling Case Build (closed)

Quote Originally Posted by EliTE22 View Post
    nice looking kit. what ICs do they use?
    Sorry, I don't know what chips they use, and I won't try to rip off the heatspreader and risk killing my sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by johnysb View Post
    Nice kit u have there m8,could u show us what this kit can do with tight subtiimings?
    Thanks mate! Wait for more tests, I should have finished CL4 testing tomorrow evening, but I can already say that these sticks aren't built for tight subtimings.

Quote Originally Posted by tool_462 View Post
    Looking forward to results! Still looking for that stock Newegg has shipped to show up on the site
    Stay tuned, results look very promising!

Quote Originally Posted by mach82 View Post
    yes it does. If the sticks, by any chance, are micron based, then the sticks wil be a no-go for me. Other guys may have othere reasons for asking for the ICs. So what ICs do the sticks use?

Why 1.93V is the limit? Will they degrade while using higher voltage or just no OC gain? What's the story with the wrong SPD?

DON_DAN - is standard retail kit purchased by you or perhaps you got it from an OCZ representative for testing?
    The limit on voltage is set because Tony mentioned it in the other thread, for now I decided to test them up to 1.90V, as that's already enought work. More voltage will only create more heat, remember those aren't D9GMH sticks. This time it's about finding the sweet spot for voltage!

The kit was bought in a regular hardware shop and it's a normal retail sample!

Quote Originally Posted by radaja View Post
    are those the platinum's?picture shows blades but it says platinum.im kind of confused.i want the blades.
    Where does it say Platinum?
    Look at the part number in the pic of the SPD I posted. This is the Blade series, though it doesn't matter much anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss331 View Post
    The part number is for the blades so I guessing there the blades. I am wanting a set of the 9600s if the price is right.

http://www.ocztechnology.com/aboutocz/press/2009/339
    Correct!

Quote Originally Posted by zsamz_ View Post
    my gut tells me its ddr3
    That's what I was thinking at first too!

You should definitely get yourself a kit of this stuff zsamz_, it's a lot of fun to play with them.

Do you remember what happened last time when a "special" 4GB-kit was released by another RAM-manufacturer? Those sticks were already expensive in the beginning, but when people found out which chips they used they became even more overpriced because no company could fill up its stock.
    For now please stop discussing what ICs they have, Tony won't tell it and I won't try to find it out the hard way. We will know it sooner or later anyway!
    ( Please don't get me wrong though, I'm also very very interested in what ICs they use... )

Quote Originally Posted by Hu13caP View Post
    Ok with the chips, let's see real performance: max 24/7 freaquency with timings(CL3, CL4, CL5) and voltage...
    Thanks for stopping the discussion.
    Did you actually read what I posted up to know? I will skip CL3 testing, and replace it with CL6 tests.
    I will post more results tomorrow, I should have finished my initial CL4 tests by then, but please understand that thorough testing takes some time.

Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    1.65v DDR2-1066 tCL 5

I am desperate to see max tCL 5 & 6 results @ ~ 1.8v.

This is amazing stuff.
    Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | i7 930 @ 4 GHz | Corsair H50
    G.Skill RipJaws 4x2 GB @ DDR3-1600 7-7-6-24-1N | HIS Radeon HD 5870
    3x Intel X25-M 80 GB RAID-0; OCZ Agility 120 GB | Samsung SH-S243D
    Corsair HX1000 | Dell 3007WFP & Samsung 204T | 7 Ultimate x64

Xtreme Member
    Forney,TX where Dallas ends and living begins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Dan View Post
    Look at the part number in the pic of the SPD I posted. This is the Blade series, though it doesn't matter much anyway!
    I think he was referring to the Amazon.com page I purchased mine from: http://www.amazon.com/OCZ2B1066LV4GK.../ref=de_a_smtd
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=643273
    Do you fold?

SuperPi 1M 10.984s @ 4.25GHz
    Cool Blue
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Rev 1.1
    E8400 E0 @ 4.1 GHz
    Zalmann 9500
    2x2GB GSkill 9600 5-5-5-15 1212 MHz 2.1v PL8
    9600GSO (I'm a folder, not a gamer)
    Corsair VX550 80Plus
    WD 500GB SATA3
    Antec 900

the jedi master
    I will tell you all 8 week from today if it hasn't leaked already...
    Got a problem with your OCZ product....?
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Tuning PC's for speed...Run whats fast, not what you think is fast

Xtreme Cruncher
    Sorry, I don't know what chips they use, and I won't try to rip off the heatspreader and risk killing my sticks.

Thanks mate! Wait for more tests, I should have finished CL4 testing tomorrow evening, but I can already say that these sticks aren't built for tight subtimings.

Stay tuned, results look very promising!

The limit on voltage is set because Tony mentioned it in the other thread, for now I decided to test them up to 1.90V, as that's already enought work. More voltage will only create more heat, remember those aren't D9GMH sticks. This time it's about finding the sweet spot for voltage!

The kit was bought in a regular hardware shop and it's a normal retail sample!

Correct!

That's what I was thinking at first too!

You should definitely get yourself a kit of this stuff zsamz_, it's a lot of fun to play with them.

Do you remember what happened last time when a "special" 4GB-kit was released by another RAM-manufacturer? Those sticks were already expensive in the beginning, but when people found out which chips they used they became even more overpriced because no company could fill up its stock.
    For now please stop discussing what ICs they have, Tony won't tell it and I won't try to find it out the hard way. We will know it sooner or later anyway!
    ( Please don't get me wrong though, I'm also very very interested in what ICs they use... )

Thanks for stopping the discussion.
    Did you actually read what I posted up to know? I will skip CL3 testing, and replace it with CL6 tests.
    I will post more results tomorrow, I should have finished my initial CL4 tests by then, but please understand that thorough testing takes some time.
    not your pic but the one that 18 is # 1 posted from amazon
    OCZ2B1066LV4GK PC2-8500 Platinum Low Voltage Dual Channel Kits
    but pic shows blades.

MY HEATWARE 76-0-0

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I will tell you all 8 week from today if it hasn't leaked already...
    Tony can you tell me the planned pricing on the 9600 blades?
    Q9650

Xtreme Member
    damnnn

i hope it'l be cheap in my country~

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Don_Dan
    How fat and high are the rads? Is it possible to insert 2 sticks in the nearby slots?
    An unfortunate person is one tries to fart but sh1ts instead...

My Water Cooling Case Build (closed)

Xtreme Member
    guys i dont see how tony is the bad guy here... they make some great chips.... and you have seen what they do, now thanks to the OP you know its good stuff, and since you know its good, what does it matter what IC it is, even if it is samsungs its still good... i dont care is theyre powerchips.... if they work they work
    This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine..

the jedi master
    I have seen this so many times its untrue, we spill the beans on the IC's and you all go off looking for generic modules with the same IC's that clock well...I know you guys like cheap but we need payback for finding the IC's, binning them, branding them and offering awesome support on them.

I have to be paid a salary, i don't do this for free, and the sales of modules and SSD's are what I live off, hence I will NOT tell you, just go buy and enjoy the modules...if you need support come over to the OCZforum and we will look after you.

Its not just the modules you are buying into...its a whole lot more than that.
    Got a problem with your OCZ product....?
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Tuning PC's for speed...Run whats fast, not what you think is fast

Xtreme Member
    Forney,TX where Dallas ends and living begins.
    +1
    You guys have great support!
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=643273
    Do you fold?

SuperPi 1M 10.984s @ 4.25GHz
    Cool Blue
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Rev 1.1
    E8400 E0 @ 4.1 GHz
    Zalmann 9500
    2x2GB GSkill 9600 5-5-5-15 1212 MHz 2.1v PL8
    9600GSO (I'm a folder, not a gamer)
    Corsair VX550 80Plus
    WD 500GB SATA3
    Antec 900

Xtreme Member
    Understandable, and I have no problem supporting you guys by buying expensive ddr2 gear.

So are the pc2 9200 / 9600 LV blades going to be priced like G.Skill PI PC2 9600 sticks?

More importantly can they reach DDR2 1300 speeds?
    --lapped Q9650 #L828A446 @ 4.608, 1.45V bios, 1.425V load.
    -- NH-D14 2x Delta AFB1212SHE push/pull and 110 cfm fan -- Coollaboratory Liquid PRO
    -- Gigabyte EP45-UD3P ( F10 ) - G.Skill 4x2Gb 9600 PI @ 1221 5-5-5-15, PL8, 2.1V
    - GTX 480 ( 875/1750/928)
    - HAF 932 - Antec TPQ 1200 -- Crucial C300 128Gb boot --
    Primary Monitor - Samsung T260

Xtreme 3D Team
    I'm debating so badly between the Low-Voltage Blades or the 1.8v 8800 G*Skill kit.
    Then again, the 2.1v blades are already on newegg for $66 and the only review has gotten 5-4-4-13 @ 1066 2.1v without trying.

If Tony is still here, would you guys still RMA this if it was running say, 1085-1100 ish?
    Smile

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    Then again, the 2.1v blades are already on newegg for $66 and the only review has gotten 5-4-4-13 @ 1066 2.1v without trying.
    Doesn't 5-4-4-13 @ 1066 with 1.5-1.6v sound better?
    i5 2500K @ 4.9GHz+ 8GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 6 Asus P8P67 Pro CrossFire 6970's @ 950/1450
    Xeon X5677 @ 4.5Ghz 6GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 7 Gigabyte EX58-UD5 4870x2
    i7-880 @ 4.2Ghz+ (still playing) 4GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @2300Mhz CAS 9 Asus Maximus III Formula MSI Hawk 5770

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by tool_462 View Post
    Doesn't 5-4-4-13 @ 1066 with 1.5-1.6v sound better?
    Yes, but I'm on a budget.
    If the low-voltage version can stay under $75...
    I just need to get my hands on a good 2x2GB kit that will do something close to 5-4-4-12 @ 1066. My current 2x1GB's will do 5-4-4-12 @ 1066.
    Smile

SSD faster than your HDD
    I'm debating so badly between the Low-Voltage Blades or the 1.8v 8800 G*Skill kit.

If Tony is still here, would you guys still RMA this if it was running say, 1085-1100 ish?
    Overclocking any of OCZ's products does not effect the warranty at all. Stay within the voltage limits, don't remove the HS, those are our only criteria.

Xtreme Member
    The sticks are rated DDR2 1066@1.8 and 1.85V EVP. My Asus X48 Formula overvolts quite a lot - about 1.89V when i set 1.8V in BIOS. Will I instantly lose my warranty when i use the sticks with my asus mobo? This is a serious question - I won't be able to run the sticks within the voltage of 1.8-1.85V.

Quote Originally Posted by radaja View Post
    not your pic but the one that 18 is # 1 posted from amazon
    OCZ2B1066LV4GK PC2-8500 Platinum Low Voltage Dual Channel Kits
    but pic shows blades.
    I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Hu13caP View Post
    Don_Dan
    How fat and high are the rads? Is it possible to insert 2 sticks in the nearby slots?
    Should be possible in my opinion, I will make sure for you though.

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidReactor View Post
    More importantly can they reach DDR2 1300 speeds?
    I will try what I can do!

Sorry guys, at the moment I can't show more results, as I corrupted my OS an hour ago when pushing 500MHz 4-4-4-12 on 1.84V.... Maybe I was a bit over-optimistic and should have made sure with 1.86V. Settings were stable to some extent, but Linpack made the PC reboot and it took Windows with it.
    Thursday is a public holiday, I'll install my new OS then and bench all day to show you more results.
    You can't imagine how frustrated I am right now...

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by RyderOCZ View Post
    Overclocking any of OCZ's products does not effect the warranty at all. Stay within the voltage limits, don't remove the HS, those are our only criteria.
    You guys have just sold me. When newegg gets a shipment of the platinum's I'll be buying them.

Sorry guys, at the moment I can't show more results, as I corrupted my OS an hour ago when pushing 500MHz 4-4-4-12 on 1.84V.... Maybe I was a bit over-optimistic and should have made sure with 1.86V. Settings were stable to some extent, but Linpack made the PC reboot and it took Windows with it.
    Thursday is a public holiday, I'll install my new OS then and bench all day to show you more results.
    You can't imagine how frustrated I am right now...
    If you have an install disk sometimes a repair is all that's needed. The only corrupt files will be what was stored in the memory/page file at the time. If you do an install repair from the disc it should fix it. I've done that about 4 times.
    Smile

If you have an install disk sometimes a repair is all that's needed. The only corrupt files will be what was stored in the memory/page file at the time. If you do an install repair from the disc it should fix it. I've done that about 4 times.
    Yes, it's showing the dreaded "do you want to repair Windows" screen. I'll try it, but up to now it never worked for me...

SSD faster than your HDD
    Quote Originally Posted by mach82 View Post
    The sticks are rated DDR2 1066@1.8 and 1.85V EVP. My Asus X48 Formula overvolts quite a lot - about 1.89V when i set 1.8V in BIOS. Will I instantly lose my warranty when i use the sticks with my asus mobo? This is a serious question - I won't be able to run the sticks within the voltage of 1.8-1.85V.
    Have you measured the overvolt using a DMM, you know it is actually that high? No setting in the bios below 1.8V, I take it.

No, you won't void your warranty.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'm assuming these have the same IC's as the Platinum Low Voltage series, just not binned as well as the 1150 and the 1200 models...?
    Computer:
    Case: Corsair 750D Airflow Edition
    Mobo: Gigabyte Aorus X570 Ultra
    RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2x16gb @ stock
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900x
    Graphics: Evga GTX 1080 FTW, Coil Whine edition
    PSU: Corsair RMi 650w
    Cooling: Please don't remind me. Corsair H115i w/Arctic P14 PWM fans.
    HDD: 970 Pro, 860 Evo, WD 1tb 3 platter drive (12 years old?!), etc.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast