Page 10 of 106 FirstFirst ... 789101112132060 ... LastLast

Thread: UnOfficial EVGA X58 Classified Owners Thread

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Helfarch View Post
    2 x the NF200
    2 x the fail
    I bought that board ,should be coming in today.2XGTX295,I7 975,and sound card are going in

Before you start downing the board lets wait and see what happens.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by nge769 View Post
    I bought that board ,should be coming in today.2XGTX295,I7 975,and sound card are going in

Before you start downing the board lets wait and see what happens.
    This is not a place to discuss Asus boards guys. If you want to discuss those boards you need to make your own threads.

Edit: Is anyone aware of any places that would program and ship replacement BIOS chip for the 759 Classified. I just want to have a backup around for those cases when I decide to mess around with the BIOS on my own...

I already talked to EVGA but they said that they do not sell these on per-need basis and will only send one if I have a problem with my board and depending on whether they have any in stock. Otherwise, they take the whole board back for RMA. I just need the chip in case I break the BIOS somehow and want to restore it. I don't know why they did not put two BIOS chips on this board at all...would have saved me having to look around.
    Last edited by dejanh; 06-03-2009 at 03:07 PM.

Xtreme Member
    I upped my PCIe to 105 and my NICs disappeared had to reset to defaults to get them back but I haven't done any OCing yet just wanted to test upping PCIe by itself.

Xtreme Addict
    I upped my PCIe to 105 and my NICs disappeared had to reset to defaults to get them back but I haven't done any OCing yet just wanted to test upping PCIe by itself.
    Ye, same thing happens on my board. No point in increasing PCI-E unless you are just trying to get the high BCLK validations. But in that case you will have to save the validations and then upload them when your NICs work again

Xtreme Member
    That's a really stupid problem, wonder if it's update fixable.

PI in the face
    I have mine disabled on wireless via usb
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

That's a really stupid problem, wonder if it's update fixable.
    This is the realtek gbe lan chip issue, not fixable via BIOS. Lets just hope that the next Classified class board will be using other NICs that won't have an issue with high pci-e frequency setting or they can do an workaround on the board level to use an independent clock gen for the lanes used by the NICs.
    Desktop Gaming PC - Windows 7 RC 7100 / Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 / XP Pro SP3
    Intel Core i7 920 3836A@4.075GHz(215x19,1.325v,HT Off,Turbo off) | TR Ultra-120 Extreme Copper LE | EVGA X58 CLASSIFIED 760 ES | Team Xtreem TXD36144M1866HC9TC (Micron D9JMN)
    ASUS GTX280 x2 SLI | Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality Pro | RAZER Barracuda HP-1 | Altec Lansing ATP3
    WD1500HLFS (VISTA ULT x64) | WD740ADFD x 2 *RAID 0* (GAMES) | WD6400AAKS (BACKUPS) | NexStar eSATA/USB2.0 SATA HDD Dock | LG GSA-H55 SATA
    LG L226WTQ | TT ToughPower 850 Modular + 450 Express | CM 690 | Logitech G15 v2 | MS Sidewinder™ Mouse, X8 | D-Link DGL-4300

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IversGarn View Post
    This is the realtek gbe lan chip issue, not fixable via BIOS. Lets just hope that the next Classified class board will be using other NICs that won't have an issue with high pci-e frequency setting or they can do an workaround on the board level to use an independent clock gen for the lanes used by the NICs.
    Further bites in the ass from a flagship board with bargain bin parts.

Xtreme Member
    This happens, i dont think this is classified specific.

I have had this problem on my asus p6t-deluxe, evga x58 SLI and evga classified.

when first turn the PC and boot into windows there is no network adapter at all. If i reboot without changing a thing they're back and I can work normally.

I'm at pci-e 110 and I've no problems on that 2nd reboot

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly_K View Post
    This happens, i dont think this is classified specific.

I have had this problem on my asus p6t-deluxe, evga x58 SLI and evga classified.

when first turn the PC and boot into windows there is no network adapter at all. If i reboot without changing a thing they're back and I can work normally.

I'm at pci-e 110 and I've no problems on that 2nd reboot
    As I mentioned I had to load defaults to get them back, restarting didn''t help me out but maybe I should have given it a few more goes.

Where can I buy the 760 in US?

Xtreme Member
    My i7 920 D0 Batch number 3851A262 arrived on friday 29th May , installed in to my board with the intel cpu cooler as my true 120 did not arrive and used my cellshock dual channell 1866mhz 4 x 1GB and went to a lan party with a few mates of mine for the long weekend so i litterly had no time to play with the board before that.

With everything set to defaults in the bios and the board been used for the first time, I must say this board caused no problems all weekend been used as a games server and client at the same time - the only issue was the on board network card crapped out with the default windows 7 drivers, after i installed the vista x64 drivers it did not misbehave anymore. i don't like realtek nics either and am going to purchase an intel nic for future lan parties and just use the realteks for internet and email at home

i can't wait for my true 120 and my corsair dominator gt 2000's to arrive so i can start overclocking

Later
    Raptor1
    Last edited by raptor1; 06-04-2009 at 10:57 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raptor1 View Post
    my i7 920 do Batch number arrived on friday 29th May , installed in to my board with the intel cpu cooler as my true 120 did not arrive and used my cellshock dual channell 1866mhz 4 x 1GB and went to a lan party with a few mates of mine for the long weekend so i litterly had no time to play with the board before that.

With everything set to defaults in the bios and the board been used for the first time, I must say this board caused no problems all weekend been used as a games server and client at the same time - the only issue was the on board network card crapped out with the default windows 7 drivers, after i installed the vista x64 drivers it did not misbehave anymore. i don't like realtek nics either and am going to purchase an intel nic for future lan parties and just use the realteks for internet and email at home

i can't wait for my true 120 and my corsair dominator gt 2000's to arrive so i can start overclocking

Later
    Raptor1
    I tried the stock intel cooler on mine briefly I have to say the temps were frightningly high
    I know these chips can take a fair bit of heat but still even at defaults I did not feel comfortable running it at those temps.

@ Dejan there is a guy in the uk who can supply bios chips for any board and program them. I will check out the link if I can find it for you.

Edit: here you go Dejan http://s219846715.e-shop.info/shop/p...jR&shop_param=

give Him a try if you cant find someone your side of the water. this guy has supplied me with blackops/re and dfi bios chips before, hes a good guy.
    Last edited by BustaH; 06-04-2009 at 03:38 AM.

Does anyone have a backup file of the S60M BIOS for the non-NF200 Classified mobo they could let me have?
    EVGA Classified 760, i7 920 D0, 6GB GSKILL, TRUE Copper, XFX GTX 295 dual PCB

Banned
    where is a trick for 220+ BCLK? I tryed everything ... Ci7 920 C0, Ci7 920 D0, Ci7 975 ... PCIe freq. 100-115 MHz ... voltages, CPU/MEM/QPI multis ... but nothing. Everything is rock stable at 216 MHz and bootable is 220 MHz, but nothing above this. I tryed 216MHz to Win + increase by E-lett . but everytime system freezes.

BIOS S21S + 3x 2GB Dominator GT 2000

PI in the face
    CPU impedence to less and qpi compensation to less?

I was having the same issue OBR, went away quick on when the chip went under phase though. Havent tryed that high on water, if I get it will post my settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OBR View Post
    where is a trick for 220+ BCLK? I tryed everything ... Ci7 920 C0, Ci7 920 D0, Ci7 975 ... PCIe freq. 100-115 MHz ... voltages, CPU/MEM/QPI multis ... but nothing. Everything is rock stable at 216 MHz and bootable is 220 MHz, but nothing above this. I tryed 216MHz to Win + increase by E-lett . but everytime system freezes.

BIOS S21S + 3x 2GB Dominator GT 2000
    Can't boot over 221, have to use Eleet once in windows to overclock higher. I'm not aware of any board that actually boots over 221mhz. Is there one?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bustamove44 View Post
    I tried the stock intel cooler on mine briefly I have to say the temps were frightningly high
    I know these chips can take a fair bit of heat but still even at defaults I did not feel comfortable running it at those temps.
    i was monitoring the temps with eleet and they were high alright but it did not cause any problems.

i was only using the intel cooler as a stop gap measure so i could attend the lan party, otherwise i would have had no pc to bring with me

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Just learnin' View Post
    Does anyone have a backup file of the S60M BIOS for the non-NF200 Classified mobo they could let me have?
    it's on my list of things to do, as i am busy with work atm. thats the version that came with my board as well, i have not upgraded the bios on mine yet

when i have the backup done, i will post here

it's on my list of things to do, as i am busy with work atm. thats the version that came with my board as well, i have not upgraded the bios on mine yet

when i have the backup done, i will post here
    That would be much appreciated! I flashed to the Beta S60Z before finding out there is no link at all for any BIOS files other than that Beta in their forums....

Xtreme Member
    That would be much appreciated! I flashed to the Beta S60Z before finding out there is no link at all for any BIOS files other than that Beta in their forums....
    It is now posted on the front page of this thread

are you having problems with s60z, if so can you tell what they are

later
    Raptor1

It is now posted on the front page of this thread

are you having problems with s60z, if so can you tell what they are

later
    Raptor1
    Not sure really, I had issues booting with all 3 sticks of RAM and grabbed the Beta BIOS right away wrongly believing EVGA would have stock BIOSes available.

My max LinX stable Bclk at present is only 202, was hoping for a little better so I thought I would flash back to the stock BIOS but.....

Thank you for the Backup!

I have a copy of the S60H BIOS as well someone gave me but I never tried it. Interested?
    Last edited by Just learnin'; 06-04-2009 at 12:31 PM.

S60V BIOS is here for the 760 Classified: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3YYVXP2G

Download from there. Use winrar to extract the iso file.
    CD/DVD Installation - Recommended installation method
    Download the following .iso file: S60V.iso

Use a CD Burning software to burn the .iso image onto a blank CD (Nero, Alochol 120%, MagicISO etc.)

After it has burned, insert CD and restart the machine, go into the BIOS and load defaults, save and exit

Now set the CD Drive as the primary boot device, or press escape while the system is booting to select CD as the bootable device.

After flash remove the CD, and power off PC Completely.

Turn on the PC and load defaults in BIOS

Thanks to rusty725 from the EVGA forums.

Xtreme Member
    S60V BIOS is here for the 760 Classified: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3YYVXP2G

Download from there. Use winrar to extract the iso file.
    CD/DVD Installation - Recommended installation method
    Download the following .iso file: S60V.iso

Use a CD Burning software to burn the .iso image onto a blank CD (Nero, Alochol 120%, MagicISO etc.)

After it has burned, insert CD and restart the machine, go into the BIOS and load defaults, save and exit

Now set the CD Drive as the primary boot device, or press escape while the system is booting to select CD as the bootable device.

After flash remove the CD, and power off PC Completely.

Turn on the PC and load defaults in BIOS

Thanks to rusty725 from the EVGA forums.
    That's a Bios that come with the board?
    i7 2600K | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 8GB DDR3 1600 C9 Corsair Vengeance | GTX580 Matrix Platinum | Vertex 2 120GB | Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD | Corsair AX1200 | FT02
    EK Supreme HF Full Nickel | MCR320 XP + GT AP15| DDC3.25 + EK Top V2| EK Multioption Res X2 150 Advance | Bitspower Fittings & Rotaries
    My flickr

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluehaze View Post
    Can't boot over 221, have to use Eleet once in windows to overclock higher. I'm not aware of any board that actually boots over 221mhz. Is there one?
    msi x58m has booted at 230bclk believe it or not, check out the review on anandtech.

Page 10 of 106 FirstFirst ... 789101112132060 ... LastLast