Page 8 of 106 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858 ... LastLast

Thread: UnOfficial EVGA X58 Classified Owners Thread

Xtreme Enthusiast
    FragMagnet, or anyone with a Classified 760....
    Could somebody test S3 sleep mode performance? My 760 is taking twice as long to resume as it should, so I need to know if the 760 has particularly bad resume time, or I've got a bad board. How many seconds from from power button to cursor can move around on the screen?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Longbow View Post
    how long are the included sata cables? tnx
    I think they are 18" or 24" can remember right now.

I just put my rig together last night. I was excited about the dual 8-pin connectors associated with the Classified. However, when I plugged one of my extra PCI-e power cables into the 2nd 8-pin slot, I couldn't get the PC to boot. No fans spinning, no nothing...

Any ideas?

PI in the face
    woot, finally get mine back from RMA today. Only took 3 weeks but w/e just glad to get it back
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ctsoccer13 View Post
    I just put my rig together last night. I was excited about the dual 8-pin connectors associated with the Classified. However, when I plugged one of my extra PCI-e power cables into the 2nd 8-pin slot, I couldn't get the PC to boot. No fans spinning, no nothing...

Any ideas?
    AFAIK the 8 pin power connectors are different than your PCI-e cables. My PSU has two 8 pin power cables and 3 8pin PCI-e cables. I don't think that's going to work.
    "Behold, I am Funkadelic. I am not of your world. But fear me not, I will do you no harm. Loan me your funky mind and I shall play with it. For nothing is good unless you play with it. And all that is good, is nasty!"
    ("What Is Soul," Funkadelic, 1969)

Any ideas?
    uhh yeah.....

well you need the other CPU 8pin which may be labelled EPS 12v+ or something similar.

PCI-E one will just not work.

That's what I assumed and just decided to live with only one 8 pin connection. I just thought it might work because they share the same voltage rail layouts.

Xtreme Addict
    That's what I assumed and just decided to live with only one 8 pin connection. I just thought it might work because they share the same voltage rail layouts.
    Plug in your 8-pin and 4-pin cables for 8+4. That will give you a bit more power if you want but not quite as good as 8+8. 8+4 configuration is officially supported and I use it from day one basically.

Banned

4,7G on AIR and stable for most benchmarks ...

I've heard there was teaming support for the gigabit LAN adapters, but I can't tell because I'm running Windows 7....

For those of you testing out Windows 7 out there, any luck finding teaming drivers that are compatible?
    Hardware: Intel Core i7 920 || EVGA Classified X58 || BFG Tech GTX 285 || 6GB OCZ DDR3 1600 RAM || Corsair 850W PSU || WD Black 1TB HDD || Cooler Master HAF 932 || T-balancer big

Cooling: Swiftech MCP655 || Watercool Heatkiller Rev 3 || Koolance VID-NX285 || MCR320 Triple Rad || Black IceŽ GTS Gen Two Xtreme 140 || EK-Multioption RES 100 Rev 2 || 7/16" Primochill UV Red Tubing

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roller11 View Post
    FragMagnet, or anyone with a Classified 760....
    Could somebody test S3 sleep mode performance? My 760 is taking twice as long to resume as it should, so I need to know if the 760 has particularly bad resume time, or I've got a bad board. How many seconds from from power button to cursor can move around on the screen?
    S3 Sleep Mode works OK to me... took me 10 seconds to wake up and get in the OS (Win Vista). With 21x191 OC.

I've heard there was teaming support for the gigabit LAN adapters, but I can't tell because I'm running Windows 7....

For those of you testing out Windows 7 out there, any luck finding teaming drivers that are compatible?
    According to EVGA Techs it work with the lastest Realtek Vista drivers.
    Last edited by kpablo; 05-29-2009 at 11:50 PM.
    i7 2600K | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 8GB DDR3 1600 C9 Corsair Vengeance | GTX580 Matrix Platinum | Vertex 2 120GB | Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD | Corsair AX1200 | FT02
    EK Supreme HF Full Nickel | MCR320 XP + GT AP15| DDC3.25 + EK Top V2| EK Multioption Res X2 150 Advance | Bitspower Fittings & Rotaries
    My flickr

Quote Originally Posted by loc.o View Post
    Crazy board, testing me 3540's IMC. 3x2GB ~1000mhz @ 7-8-7-20-1T with 1,30 vtt
    Hi m8 - can you tell me what bios you are using? I have a 3540 but only have access to the 2:8 and 2:10 ratios - looking at your screenshots you obviously have more

PI in the face
    can someone post their over 222 bclk settings? tryed just about everything, pcie up to 101-114, qpi comp and cpu imp set to less, mem x6 or x8 etc an hard locks 223 bclk. even tryed 0-500 clock skew and tons of different voltage combinations. This chip has done 5ghz ht on my last classified so Im missing something simple.

Xtreme Member
    Where does one OC a 24/7 setup best on this board, from Bios or from E-LEET?

I' have always used Bios, but lots seem to like this E-LEET program.

PRJ
    EVGA X58 Classified
    Intel i7 920 D0
    3 x 2 GB Corsair GT 2000
    Evga GTX 480 FTW
    Corsair AX 1200 PSU
    Watercooling EK & Swiftech
    160 GB OCZ RevoDrive X2 PCI-Express SSD

Quote Originally Posted by kpablo View Post
    According to EVGA Techs it work with the lastest Realtek Vista drivers.
    Anyone tried it to confirm this? I really don't feel like fighting a BSOD today...
    Hardware: Intel Core i7 920 || EVGA Classified X58 || BFG Tech GTX 285 || 6GB OCZ DDR3 1600 RAM || Corsair 850W PSU || WD Black 1TB HDD || Cooler Master HAF 932 || T-balancer big

Cooling: Swiftech MCP655 || Watercool Heatkiller Rev 3 || Koolance VID-NX285 || MCR320 Triple Rad || Black IceŽ GTS Gen Two Xtreme 140 || EK-Multioption RES 100 Rev 2 || 7/16" Primochill UV Red Tubing

Xtremely Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by bob(nz) View Post
    Hi m8 - can you tell me what bios you are using? I have a 3540 but only have access to the 2:8 and 2:10 ratios - looking at your screenshots you obviously have more
    If you have 759 board this one buddy:

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=100644472

I am Xtreme

Thumbs up 760 Version

21x @ 210 bclk..Prime 95 all 8 cores (2hours); cpu temps averaging 75-82c; vcore @ 1.37-1.38v; memory @ 840 Mhz, 8-8-8-24 w/1T.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i did a PCMARK 2005 run (9800 GTX) with 'HT on' (1ST PIC BELOW) and it scored less than with 'HT off' (2ND PIC BELOW)...it appears that 'HT', at the moment, is not as useful in most everyday usages..with it off, your CPU will produce less heat.

HT ON

HT OFF

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

finally found a bench to show HT capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by WPRIME WEBSITE
    wPrime uses a recursive call of Newton's method for estimating functions, with f(x)=x2-k, where k is the number we're sqrting, until Sgn(f(x)/f'(x)) does not equal that of the previous iteration, starting with an estimation of k/2. It then uses an iterative calling of the estimation method a set amount of times to increase the accuracy of the results. It then confirms that n(k)2=k to ensure the calculation was correct. It repeats this for all numbers from 1 to the requested maximum.

Threading

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our aim was to make a perfectly threaded benchmark, such that it would consistantly use 100% of the CPU while in use. This is achieved by using CPUz to detect the CPU count and use exactly that many processing threads to avoid any performance losses due to multiple threads running on any single physical thread. Each thread is designed to do 1/n of the work, where n is the number of threads. For example, if you're calculating 16 roots on 4 CPU's, each CPU will calculate 4 roots. Some might argue that this style of threading is unrealistic in real-time performance, but in fact is quite indicative of performance in several real world tasks such as F@H which allows you to run several instances of the work at any one time.

HT OFF:

HT ON:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUPER PI RESULTS FOR 32M

i was able to get a better time completion for Wprime bench.

i installed my G.Skill Falcon 128 gb SSD drive and then, i installed XP 64 bit (1st partition) and Vista 64 bit Ultimate on the 2nd partition...booted into vista and i ran the wprime 2.0 version.

it might be vista 64 (no service pack) in combination with the SSD drive.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

an hour to demonstrate how GOOD this board is with 12 gig's of corsair ddr3-2000 memory in win xp 64 bit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the zalman looked pretty installed but it was a lack-luster performer compared to the TRUE 120...i put the TRUE 120 back in to do the above one hour prime 95.

BIOS SCREENSHOTS THAT MATTER:

NOTE: voltages are a guide...it does not mean that it will work on your board with different memory and cpu...it is meant as a guide to assist in reaching your overclocking goals.
    BIOSTAR TPOWER I45 UNOFFICIAL THREAD

BIOSTAR TPOWER BOLT MOD FOR HEATPIPE AND HEATSINK

BIOSTAR TPOWER I45 BIOS FLASHING PROCEDURE

ABIT IP35 PRO HEATPIPE MOD

ABIT IP35 PRO BIOS FLASHING PROCEDURE

IP35 Pro: 9650@4000Mhz, par overclocker; Freezone Elite; 4Gb GSkill DDR-800@DDR-1068 (2 x 2gb); XFX 8800 GTS; Areca 8X PCIe in Raid 0 working at 4x speed; 4-250 Gb (single platter) 7200.10 drives; Giga 3DAurora case with side window.

Xtremely Addicted
    Strong chip

PI in the face
    any ideas on 222 bclk, im dying here

Xtremely Addicted
    Boot 218~220 and use Eleet to go up. PCI-E at 110 or so for starters, i used these volts for:

If you have 759 board this one buddy:
    thanks - will load up and see how we go

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by kpablo View Post
    S3 Sleep Mode works OK to me... took me 10 seconds to wake up and get in the OS (Win Vista). With 21x191 OC.

Thanks for responding to my post.
    Your ten seconds is from power button to desktop appears, but that's only half way to full resume. full resume = cursor moves on desktop and green circle on top of cursor disappears. At that time, double click launches apps, open files etc.

power button to desktop appears = x
    desktop apppears to cursor moves = y
    cursor moves to green spinning circle disappears = z
    x + y + z = full resume
    I've tested 9 different x58 mobos, E760 being my tenth. On all nine, x+y+z = 5-9 seconds. The 10 seconds you refer to is 5 seconds on all these other boards. I just tested a E759 and it's has the same bad performance as the E760. Best result is 13 seconds ten of that being desktop appears. typically 15 seconds, sometimes a full 18 seconds. This is absolutely inexcusable given that ASUS, Biostar, gigabyte, MSI, DFI, Foxconn effortlessly achieve 5-9 seconds. At some point, you may as well just do a full warm reboot since S3 SM is almost as slow.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbylite View Post
    any ideas on 222 bclk, im dying here
    PCI 104 should be good up to 230, the board won't boot over 221 bclk in my experience only way to clock higher is boot first into Windows @ 221 and then use Eleet to OC.

well guys hopefully I can become an official owner very soon I am about to pull the trigger on a Classified for my build was going to go with the RIIE but this board looks and sounds amazing

PI in the face
    Boot 218~220 and use Eleet to go up. PCI-E at 110 or so for starters, i used these volts for:

thanks man tryed those settings, got to 224 and it froze. Tryed pci-e at 104 as well and froze again. So strange, same mem and everything as before but just cant get it crackin. Phase comes out tomorrow so will see if I can get it back. Any other ideas?

Page 8 of 106 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858 ... LastLast