Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What happened to XS?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanometer View Post
    now that you mention it you are completely right, they even crapped on this thread too, lol. i do my share of thread crapping, but i didnt realize there were so many new thread crappers.. Huffcair and zsamz welcome to the honorary children's thread crapper club.
    SO since you do it, its ok but since it isnt on this thread its perfectly fine. Yeah good job there big man.
    ~ Little Slice of Heaven ~
    Lian Li PC-A05NB w/ Gentle Typhoons
    Core i7 860 @ 3gHz w/ Thor's Hammer
    eVGA P55 SLI
    8GB RAM
    Gigabyte 7970
    Corsair HX850
    OZC Vertex3 SSD 240GB

~~~~~~~~~~~~

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by HuffPCair View Post
    SO since you do it, its ok but since it isnt on this thread its perfectly fine. Yeah good job there big man.
    Let's try and be nice ok?
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Let's try and be nice ok?
    I am being nice trust me. I was just asking him why it is ok for him to "thread crap" on any other thread but since I did it once on this one I am a bad person??
    eVGA P55 SLI
    8GB RAM
    Gigabyte 7970
    Corsair HX850
    OZC Vertex3 SSD 240GB

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am being nice trust me. I was just asking him why it is ok for him to "thread crap" on any other thread but since I did it once on this one I am a bad person??
    I agree with your first post #23, It wasn't nice, but it was spot on.
    I'm also glad we have Movieman here to keep things on an even keel.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    No, your a wonderfull person.
    I was stepping in because I saw it headed downhill and trust me, when i said it that nice I wasn't "going after " you, just saying lets take a breath and not start going agter one another.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Xtreme Cruncher
    No, your a wonderfull person.
    I was stepping in because I saw it headed downhill and trust me, when i said it that nice I wasn't "going after " you, just saying lets take a breath and not start going agter one another.
    O trust me I am perfectly calm, Im a clam person so no worries. I am just wondering why he can post something like that yet he does the samething he blamed me for.
    Now call me Sally's unlce, but I am sure some of us call that a hypocrite.
    eVGA P55 SLI
    8GB RAM
    Gigabyte 7970
    Corsair HX850
    OZC Vertex3 SSD 240GB

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xtreme Enthusiast
    O trust me...Im a clam person so no worries....
    Now call me Sally's unlce, ...
    I'm sorry, whut?

/loves quotes out of context.

CLAAAM PEOPLE! CLAAAM PEOPLE! TASTE LIKE CLAM, TALK LIKE PEOPLE!
    Please note: I am not here to provide any kind of official NCIX support on these forums.

For faster (and official) service please contact me at Linus@ncix.com, or please contact our customer care team at wvvw.NCIX.com (Canada) or wvvw.NCIXUS.com (America)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    O trust me I am perfectly calm, Im a clam person so no worries. I am just wondering why he can post something like that yet he does the samething he blamed me for.
    Now call me Sally's unlce, but I am sure some of us call that a hypocrite.
    Ok, I quoted you and I should have quoted both of you.
    I wasn't pointing a finger specifically at you, more to the general tone I saw the thread heading towards.
    Happy now?
    and crap, now you got me wanting some fried clams!

Quote Originally Posted by Linus@ncix View Post
    I'm sorry, whut?

/loves quotes out of context.

CLAAAM PEOPLE! CLAAAM PEOPLE! TASTE LIKE CLAM, TALK LIKE PEOPLE!

Xtreme Cruncher
    thats a my bad and a little bit of the whiskey talking. At least I only spelled one word incorrectly.

Also be ready for the clam people to take over the world!!!!!
    eVGA P55 SLI
    8GB RAM
    Gigabyte 7970
    Corsair HX850
    OZC Vertex3 SSD 240GB

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Judaeus Apella View Post
    -snip-.
    Heres your problem... I've noticed on many a thread that you get upset if someone disagrees with you. You take it to heart. And then you get mad.

Xtreme Addict
    Jeeze I was kidding about the banning thing... even though I have banned that many trolls in various places. I have felt bad about banning just a small handful of people, but I felt better quickly cause it needed to be done.

Secondly theres a very vast difference between disagreeing with someone and attacking them or trying to badger me into an argument.

There you see? You disagreed with me and I didn't get upset at all. Kinda puts a hole in your argument doesn't it.

Reading through all the comments and honestly, Xs is what you yourself want it to be.
    You as individuals make it what you want.
    Your posts are the foundation of the site.
    If they are well meaning then the site is strong.
    If posted in anger and to hurt others then it weakens the site.
    Like most things in life, it's up to you.
    While very right... I think that view might be a tiny bit misguided. I'm probably going to miscommunicate the reason because I'm really tired, but I'll try anyway.

There are those who intend to be good and are, those who are bad but intend to be good, those who intend to be bad and mean it, and lots of grey in between. Its not the first guy you need to worry about, but everyone after him and there's a lot more of them than there are of the first guy. Most of these people are far too selfish to care or are completely oblivious to how their actions effect people or communities. Thats the world. It sucks... but thats the world.

To be honest I wish I had the power to change that, every day I wish I could, but I can't... and most people either ignore it and choose to be ignorant or try to make the best of it... but few ever fight for change. I'm one of those people who tries to fight for change even though I'm just one person. Very few people ever follow my lead, but I keep doing it cause I know its the right thing to do.

People act in these ways online because they feel safe behind that screen of theirs. They couldn't get away with it face to face because they'd get punched in the nose, but they can online... and as a result, their true human nature shows its ugly head. I think most people only behave themself and conform in public, but the minute they feel like they can get away with something... they'll do it. I really want to see a revolution in online communities all over the world, where these people are shown that their true nature isn't welcome anywhere, online or offline.

How does that saying go... oh yeah. All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. A guy named Burke said that.
    Last edited by Judaeus Apella; 05-16-2009 at 01:05 AM.
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    With that growth you also get more trolls and malcontents.
    HEY! Any ways as a 'new' member I try and post only when I feel I can be helpful. If I see a thread thats heading downhill I normally just skip it and not read any more. In every community there will be bad eggs, you can't get them all so ignore them
    Last edited by Knight203; 05-16-2009 at 02:19 AM.
    I crunch for you Gramps R.I.P.
    Photo:
    Canon T2i(550d) w/ Magic Lantern
    Canon 20mm F/2.8
    Canon 50mm F/1.8
    Canon 70-200mm F/4L
    C&C is always welcome on my photos.

PC
    Asus Crosshair IV Forumla, AMD 1090t-Crunching away @4.1ghz, Noctua NH-U12P SE2,4x2 Musikin Silverline's, Sapphire 6950 2gb(flashed to 6970 and running at 950/1450), Corsair HX650, NZXT Tempest.
    http://500px.com/KodyHungenberg

Attack Dachshund
    as soon as you let someone push your buttons, and then react to it---> you freely forfeit tactical advantage.
    when you see a comment that feels like it's gonna sting, don't ignorantly feed the fire more fuel and oxygen by reacting to it..
    Cut off the fuel, remove the oxygen, and the fire will take a gasping breath and die.

you can have a blaze or a pile of ashes... it's up to you.

and there is no happy troll free DMZ on the internet, not in 2009. so you have to intelligently change your emotional armor so their attacks don't inflict any damage.
    the only ones trolls like to target are the ones they can get a reaction from and cause damage.

I dont care where you go on the internet, even on dictatorship restrictive forums, trolling still slips through. So put on your emotional armor and let them run dry by not reacting when you see it. if everyone did this, there would be no fuel for the trolls to keep their battle tanks rolling and they either stall and die OR have to go in search of fuel elsewhere. it's pretty basic psychology, but too many people get caught up in their emotions and are blinded and then handicapped by the very thing that could help them.
    Last edited by MikeB12; 05-16-2009 at 02:04 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB12 View Post
    as soon as you let someone push your buttons, and then react to it---> you freely forfeit tactical advantage.
    when you see a comment that feels like it's gonna sting, don't ignorantly feed the fire more fuel and oxygen by reacting to it..
    Cut off the fuel, remove the oxygen, and the fire will take a gasping breath and die.
    Exactly.

If you open a thread that's full of idiots, click that little X button at the top right of your window As time progresses you will develop a sense of what subjects these threads tend to deal with (cough GPU markets cough) and what titles they tend to have, and you will be able to avoid opening them altogether.
    TJ07 | Corsair HX1000W | Gigabyte EX58 Extreme | i7 930 @ 4ghz | Ek Supreme | Thermochill PA 120.3 | Laing DDC 12v w/ mod plexi top | 3x2gb Corsair 1600mhz | GTX 680 | Raid 0 300gb Velociraptor x 2 | Razer Lachesis & Lycosa | Win7 HP x64 | fluffy dice.

Engineering The Xtreme
    as far as liquid cooling goes the whole section is better now that a few bad eggs were rightly thrown out. I dont think that you can ban people too often though. The liquid cooling section had to get REALLY bad before it was justified to ban people - it has to be very clear who is in the wrong. (it was hilarious when rrr showed up on techpowerup and was banned withing 3 days while xs was down).

I know some have recently called me the "scourge of the internet" but I dont think I am a terrible troll who is rude most of the time... am I?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I think they just get fed up of your seeming lack of sleep due to your 24/7 post count, :p
    But, in all seriousness I have to admit, I really missed XS when it was down, but im using other forums far more now that XS than I used to
    I think its because ive realised that there are other communities out there who are into the same thing,
    Without a lot of rubbish threads and posts
    Now, im not saying i perfect, I was dragged into an AMD v Intel flame earlier this week.
    But, I do feel as though the quality of the posting etc has gone down.

Dave's Mentor!
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] riptide View Post
    Heres your problem... I've noticed on many a thread that you get upset if someone disagrees with you. You take it to heart. And then you get mad.

it dont take much to get him goin

some goofs may call me a troll but i got principles i dont bend over to no sponsors ...truth better than bullldoodoo

maximus IV extreme gtx580
    gigabut p67-ud7
    p67 sabertooth
    2500k+2600k
    antec 1200watt
    EVGA classified 760
    920 Batch# 3849B018 4.985ghz@1.52v gtx285 ftw sli
    OCZ3RPR1866LV6GK hypers
    dfi ut p35 rampage extreme
    gigabut p35c-ds3r bios suks
    gigabut x38-d6q dead thank god
    ballistix 8500 1240mhz@2.02v

Brilliant Idiot
    Ehh this was happening along time ago.....although it has taken a different turn it's the same thing one way or another.......

We lost a very quality member way back when, well we didn't completely lose him but he rarely if ever posts here anymore......some of you may remember him referred to as "s7", those in the know will know who I'm talking about.......

Back then it was users demanding NDA info.....

I deal with it now with users demanding my bench settings and or info, or sources or beta bios's etc etc..........

All in all I have found alot of users have become lazy and want you to do nothing short of coming over to there house and overclocking there pc for them.......or at least that the feeling I get from there attitude and demands....I have no problem helping users but I draw the line at certain points, when asked nicely for help getting a system stable I am more than happy to oblige.........when bench settings are demanded, well.....My middle finger gets itchy.......

Then you have the brand wars which I always manage to craftily avoid.......I like certain products......I will point out benfits of using said products......but in all reality I can force you to use nothing so why bother.......

I find myself attempting to be a mediator quite often in Brand ( fanboy ) ( troll/flamebait ) wars in an effort to keep threads somewhat clean in certain sections........but for the most part I avoid it.......

As far as Admins doing they're jobs........I think they do a damn fine job considering the traffic this forum gets.....I have been an admin on many "game servers" and its no easy task........hackers get insta, permabanned, via PB GUID, IP and any other method possible.....no tolerance from me.........s on the other hand I try to deal with.......and give warnings to and at the worst a 10 min kick is necessary to change they're outlook on life.........You would be surprised how many would be jerkoff's turned into the most civilized person after a 10 min kick........Bottom line if you banned all s you would have empty servers.......sure there are a few that don't learn lessons but the majority do.........

I personally do not like seeing anyone banned and have had some issues with some members and knowing that a ban was inevitable.........requested that they not be banned becasue even though they were wrong and what they did was uncalled for everyone makes mistakes.....You can't learn from mistakes if you don't make them and you can't better yourself if you don't get second chances.....
    Last edited by chew*; 05-16-2009 at 11:53 AM.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Xtreme Cruncher
    IMHO MM does a great job an his work as an admin is as 10 men were working! trolls do exist ( giving names would not be very neat) and a possible solution could be to have more mods to read comments
    "Study hard my young friend"[/B].
    ---------------------------------------
    Woody: It's not a laser! It's a... [sighs in frustration]

Xtreme Addict
    Its not that it doesn't take much to get me going. The desire to cause drama makes that person complete sh*t, and it pisses me off that they're allowed to be here because I really like this community. I'm angered by the fact that their here at all, not what their saying. I couldn't care less what their stupid uninformed opinions are. They're just some pathetic looser who gets off on trying to p*ss off other people, so they don't matter to me. The fact that they're here at all does. The fact that no one does anything about it also angers me.

I can stand in a store and see someone do or say something that is wrong and no one says anything... and it shocks me. Its like everyone's a zombie and just let all this crap happen around them, like they're pretending it didn't happen. No one speaks up or does anything. The world would be a much better place if everyone wasn't such a coward and actually did something.
    Last edited by Judaeus Apella; 05-16-2009 at 02:25 PM.
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Judaeus Apella View Post
    Its not that it doesn't take much to get me going. The desire to cause drama makes that person complete sh*t, and it pisses me off that they're allowed to be here because I really like this community. I'm angered by the fact that their here at all, not what their saying. I couldn't care less what their stupid uninformed opinions are. They're just some pathetic looser who gets off on trying to p*ss off other people, so they don't matter to me. The fact that they're here at all does. The fact that no one does anything about it also angers me.

I can stand in a store and see someone do or say something that is wrong and no one says anything... and it shocks me. Its like everyone's a zombie and just let all this crap happen around them, like they're pretending it didn't happen. No one speaks up or does anything. The world would be a much better place if everyone wasn't such a coward and actually did something.
    If they dont matter to you then why do you care?

Also welcome to life. People are stupid in some areas of life. Some more then others. Its life, trust me I am surrounded by them daily. I hook up fiber optics and all those kind of communication cables for companies and it amazes me all the idiotic IT guys that are allowed to even be near a computer let alone run a whole network. They piss me off, but I just walk off because it isn't my problem. I just hook up the cable and if it passes the test then I am good and out of there.

And yes this world would be a better place if people were not losers, but then no one would look better then anyone else because we would all be the same. That is what is so awesome about this world. No one is the same and I'm glad I dont want to be like anyone else.

So I am sorry people bother you, but this is what our society has become. I'm saying be like everyone and be an idiot but doesn't mean you are any better then the next person.
    eVGA P55 SLI
    8GB RAM
    Gigabyte 7970
    Corsair HX850
    OZC Vertex3 SSD 240GB

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    We lost a very quality member way back when, well we didn't completely lose him but he rarely if ever posts here anymore......some of you may remember him referred to as "s7", those in the know will know who I'm talking about.......

Back then it was users demanding NDA info......
    I dont know about that. My guess is that Stephen just lost interest.............sure ppl were asking info but he was always dangling carrots so what was he expecting ppl to do.....dangle a carrot and NOT get asked more questions

Common now..................

i've met him in person a couple of times. He's a great guy and is extremely chatty which is such a contrast to his online persona that he surprised the hell out of me ....i dont buy it thought that this was the driving reason for him to post so little even though he did say that at the time....there has to be more in it

Things started getting a bit funny here when Intel finally produced Conroe. THere was a monster surge in new members and i remember at the time thinking whether XS turned into another Anandtech forum . Anyways it definitely didnt probably thanks to good moderation but they need to be firmer. Eric what's going on man you are letting go a bit son
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Need more bans. Technoviking should be distributing bans while he busts moves.

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    Eric what's going on man you are letting go a bit son
    Why does everyone keep saying that?

I guess it's true though, I should get back in form

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast