Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why does everyone seem to hate Vista but love Windows 7?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I know people who have never tried Vista but hate it, such people are very impressionable, They read the blogs and 500th hand story's from others and perpetuate the myth.

I also know someone who has tried Vista, used it for a few hours and condemned it, despite him thinking himself a computer wizard, he fails to understand that you need to tweak any OS (and this will go for Win 7) to get the most from it.

Some people refuse to re-asses an opinion on something, sure when Vista came out, it could have been much better, XP was the same ... but it matured in to a very fine OS, you tell them that Vista 64 after SP1 and especially SP2 is a very fine OS for gaming or whatever, and they just roll their eyes ... this is very closed minded indeed, IMHO.

To those comparing Win 7 Beta, to how Vista was out of the box are not looking at the bigger picture, if you were to look at Win 7 Beta as Vista SP3 (that is probably a more accurate picture) then of course its going to be better Except MS get to make more money this way by branding it as a brand new wonder OS.

Dont get me wrong, I like Win 7 too and will be buying it, but Vista 64 SP2 tuned to my needs is now a very good OS indeed and makes even Win XP SP3 (tuned to my needs) finally look positively clunky, dated and definitely slower in modern and even slightly older games on the same machine.

I think the Vista witch hunting is now fast approaching Urban Myth status and Rumour Control needs to be called to set the record straight

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I had Vista from day one. Never had any problems. Never understood those people who claim that hate vista. Simple as that.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by BobyTT View Post
    I had Vista from day one. Never had any problems. Never understood those people who claim that hate vista. Simple as that.
    +1

Using up characters so I can post this..
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz . DFI DK P45-T2RS Plus . XFX 9800GT 512MB . 8GB OCZ Blade PC2-9200 . WD6400AAKS AHCI .
    Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic . Hanns.G 28" LCD . Thermalright U120-E . Seasonic S12 600w . Windows 7 Professional E Retail x64 .

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Only thing I hated about Vista, and now hate about Windows 7, is that you have to go through a LOT more dialogues for things that were simple tasks in Windows XP, like enabling a disabled network connection... In XP, all you did is right-click My Network Places, click Properties, and Right click the connection name and Enable. Now you have to wait for an entirely different dialogue to come up, and click Manage Networks in middle of all that.

The Windows 7 Control panel pisses me off quite handily as well, since they no longer have a "Classic View" and you have to guess which section the control panel you want is in, then go to your control panel, rather than just double-clicking the one you want.

It's little things, but it does annoy the crap out of me.

Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Z3VH View Post
    Only thing I hated about Vista, and now hate about Windows 7, is that you have to go through a LOT more dialogues for things that were simple tasks in Windows XP, like enabling a disabled network connection... In XP, all you did is right-click My Network Places, click Properties, and Right click the connection name and Enable. Now you have to wait for an entirely different dialogue to come up, and click Manage Networks in middle of all that.

The Windows 7 Control panel pisses me off quite handily as well, since they no longer have a "Classic View" and you have to guess which section the control panel you want is in, then go to your control panel, rather than just double-clicking the one you want.

It's little things, but it does annoy the crap out of me.

in the control panel, change the "view by" to small or large icons. No categories then, works much better
    System:
    2600K / 8GB Corsair Vengeance PC15000
    Asus Sabertooth P67 / MSI Twin Frozr II 6950 Crossfire
    corsair 1000hx / Corsair 800D obsidian
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD / Windows 7 Pro
    Cooling:
    Koolance 360 rev 1.1 CPU block / MCR320 QP rad
    OCZ hydropulse 800 pump w/ EK-DCP 4.0 res
    Primochill LRT Black tubing 3/8" ID x 5/8" OD

Xtreme Member
    I used vista on my sis's laptop a while back. didnt like the layout and change from xp. but i used 64bit vista and changed the theme to classic windows and really like it. now i have win 7 64 bit and like it just as much! very fast! but i really like the virtual pc and xp mode, so for me win 7 is best
    ga-ex58-ud3r - i7 920 D0 @ 4 ghz 1.344v - xiggy s1283 + 115cfm Delta pwm fan - 6gb OCZ XMP 1600mhz @ 760dram freq - 2x sapphire 4870 1gb in Xfire - corsair 650 watt (pushin this lil guy to the limit!) - 4x 640GB WD black hdd's (matrix raid-0 OS, Raid 10 storage,) - CM stacker case - 2x BD-R multi drives - DUAL HannsG 28" lcd's @ 1920x1200
    -------------
    asus 1000he - atom n280 @ 2.1 ghz - 256mb unlocked video memory w/ hacked bios - 2gb 667 OCZ ram - 320gb 7200rpm hdd

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123