Thread: thease temps cant be right (can thay)

Xtreme Member

thease temps cant be right (can thay)

might be stupid question but if anyone can answer this please do

all bios settings are on auto apart from memory timings which are 4.4.4.12.t2 1.9volt (corsair pro 2x2gb 800mhz) the sticks with lights on

i have a Gigabyte EP45-UD3R with a q9450 2.66ghz 45nm (no oc) and the thermalright 120 extreme with a enermax magma 120mm fan at max 1500rpm@ about 70cmf and my load temps (max) is 56c
    thats high in my eyes for the cooling im using

but my partners pc has
    asus p5q with q6600 2.4ghz 65nm and the same cpu cooler and fan (no oc) and its only hitting 46c max

i dont understand my 9450 is a smaller dye and higher clock speed
    were the q6600 is a larger dye and lower clock speed i thught the 2 differences will cancel each other out can any one help me

i want to be able to overclock when i need to but im worried about the temps going to high my aim is 3.2ghz if i can

thanks to anyone that can help
    Last edited by rubber5; 05-11-2009 at 01:02 PM.

Xtreme Member
    TRUE needs lapping and washer mod to really shine.
    Try to compare distance to TJMax for both your CPU and your friend CPU in full-load with prime95 Small FFTs.
    If it ain't broke... fix it until it is.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by burebista View Post
    TRUE needs lapping and washer mod to really shine.
    Try to compare distance to TJMax for both your CPU and your friend CPU in full-load with prime95 Small FFTs.
    i dont know how to lapp the cooler it looks easy but not sure if its worth the
    1 or 2 degree differance

i was using prime on small ffts after 1hour i took readings
    same cooler and fan on both cpus and i dont know whay there is 10c difference

ps i uses core temp on q6600 and real temp on q9450 (i know about the core temp not picking up on 45 nm cpus if that helps
    thanks for the reply

Banned
    Don't leave settings on auto, the board will load high volts. You NEED to set settings like vcore (especially), manually. Start with 1.100v for the stock clocks, and enable loadline calibration.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zucker2k View Post
    Don't leave settings on auto, the board will load high volts. You NEED to set settings like vcore (especially), manually. Start with 1.100v for the stock clocks, and enable loadline calibration.
    ok done that and it has made a difference its riunning around 48c load small ffts
    and the room is warm at the mo so i think it will be colder than that

ps does any one know how to over clock this bord i have had 2mobo go down on me weather it is me overclocking rong i dont know

I had a asus striker 2 formula and a asus maximous 2 formula after overclocking i was getting bsods saying the memory it worked fine with 3x1gb sticks but add the 4th and bsod all the time that was the striker 2 and maximous 2 was the ethernet port failed on me but never really tried to overclock lots on that bord
    any ideas
    thanks

Xtreme Member
    i forgot to ask what volts will be best to get the cpu to 3.2ghz and what temp would you recomend keeping it at load temps ps what about the mobo what sort of temp can it go to that is safe im not really sure on p45 bords thanks

Banned
    It's trial and error. Leave vcore where it is, and raise the fsb to 350. See if it still primes without failing. Then you can adjust accordingly. There's plenty of help in the UD3X thread, highly recommended.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zucker2k View Post
    It's trial and error. Leave vcore where it is, and raise the fsb to 350. See if it still primes without failing. Then you can adjust accordingly. There's plenty of help in the UD3X thread, highly recommended.
    ok thanks for your help