Thread: Master Overclocking Arena 2009

Champion
    Still no answer here
    Weissbier - breakfast of champions

Xtreme Enthusiast
    No competition for Serbia this year

Xtreme Addict
    Somewhere on earth between Taipei, Paris and Montreal
    arg so bad :/ anyway I'm on the 'final' stage to get the rules done (in french) i'll translate them asap

French online Qualification start on monday !
    Overclocking-TV Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post
    Ha, ha, ha.....NO WAY.....When I show someone preparing to take a shot, I hided the cigarette....

Champion
    @ spacemaster: sorry to hear that man

Trouffman, have you any idea when the rest of europe will start?
    On that MSI site they sayd the competition will start the 15th of may, but i haven't heard/read anything about it yet

just 6 days left if the competition really starts that day..
    i really hope they will come up with some information soon.
    I would like to have some time to prepare and buy stuff

Xtreme Addict
    Each branch can decide so I don't know... officially the whole competition start on Monday :s

Get closer to you local MSI contact then ask them :s
    Overclocking-TV Staff
    Ha, ha, ha.....NO WAY.....When I show someone preparing to take a shot, I hided the cigarette....

Champion
    Romania isn't on the participating list but we hope to solve the problem soon .

Good luck to all the guys participating at the competition!
    Born to lose, live to win!

Champion
    Yes, hope to solve it

I do not understand this, I really don't. I mean, I know we're a small ty country but I thought this was a competition for all countries, to determine who is the best in certain conditions....Not to let people aside, like it happens to us or Serbia and probablly others.

Crunch-Fu Adept
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstru View Post
    Yes, hope to solve it

I do not understand this, I really don't. I mean, I know we're a small ty country but I thought this was a competition for all countries, to determine who is the best in certain conditions....Not to let people aside, like it happens to us or Serbia and probablly others.
    You're from Romania and calling a ty country? I don't understand that. Think again!

I would be thoroughly dissapointed if this went wrong, because in many countries, this is one of the extremely few chances people have to compete
    Sometimes a good slap in the face is all you need

Bios my arss.....
    I can fix this problem with a hardware mod....
    Hipro5

"Overclock till death. Overclocking is life." Hipro5

Xtreme Member
    The same for Portugal any answer from Iberian office

Banned
    if the hardware market in your country is too small - MSI doesn't care who you are: no contest and that's it!

Champion
    It is weird because last year we had qualification here in Romania and we went as a team in Amsterdam !
    Born to lose, live to win!

Champion
    Aerosupra - we are not an important market to them, that's what I ment.

proxis - the hardware market here is pretty darn BIG (ask Asus or Gigabyte), but probablly not for MSI. But then again, that is not our fault, that is all related to their marketing and promotion, which is exactly what this kind of contests is all about... Now...they did a great thing last year, and they have my full respect and appreciation for that. But what happens now really makes me sad...

Xtreme Member
    MOA 2009 - South East Asia: Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, India
    1st phase: SuperPI 16M.
    2nd phase: SuperPI 32M, 3DMark Vantage.
    No ES CPU

Last edited by tranngocminh; 05-10-2009 at 01:56 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Hey guy I'll send the English rules tonight that's not 'cool' about romania etc :/ but budget restriction again and again...

Anyway We're preparing a video trailer @ overclocking-tv about the events !
    Overclocking-TV Staff

Xtreme Addict
    Here are my rules for France translated in english !

Feel Free to use them for your own qualification process (Just cite Syndrome-OC as source !)

---------------------------------------------------------------

The goal is to use Hwbot for the 3Dmark01 part and compare on the brut score of SuperPi 16M.

Online Qualification – Master Overclocking Arena 2009
    Start Date : May 10th, 2009 – 10am (Paris time)
    End Date : June 13th, 2009 – 9pm (Paris time)

General Online Qualification rules :
    [*] Every contestant at the online Qualification must be able to join the European Final on the July 10-11-12-13, 2009 in case of selection.
    [*] Every participant must also be able to join the country live event if there is one (See dates above.).
    [*] You must be over 18 years old to enter the competition.
    [*] Only people from France (metropolitan) can enter the competition here. To know if there is a online qualification for your country please refer to this thread : http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/....php?p=3780496
    [*] You can enter the Online qualification Single or in team.
    [*] Your team must be composed of two (2) people.
    [*] In case of selection in single, you must choose a teammate that participates to the online qualification and is in top15 of this online qualification.
    [*] By entering this competition you allow the organization website(s) and MSI to use you nickname for any related communication regarding MOA 2009.
    [*] By entering this competition you allow the organization website to communicate the following personal information: Name – Surname – Nickname – Birthday – e-mail – postal address – Passport Number or ID card Number) – NB : this is needed only for people that will be selected at the end of the online qualification.
    [*] Any contestant suspected of cheating, modifying the benchmark, modifying the perception of the CPU/VGA/memory speed or using third party program that can result in a non-justified increase in scores due to this program(s) will be disqualified from this event AND every future event for an unlimited time.
    [*] Any contestant must give a proof of the score is theirs on request.
    [*] The organizations and the organization website can modify these rules by notifying it in the event thread.
    [*] The organization website of the online qualification can’t be held responsive for anything else expect the online qualification.
    [*] By entering this competition accept these rules.

Benchmarking rules

SuperPi 16M

SuperPi is a mono-threaded benchmark that can allow you to test CPU and memory capacity.

The score used in this online qualification is the Total Score, to enter the qualification you must run the benchmark on an MSI Intel-based motherboards equipped with one of the following chipset : P3X/ G3X / P4X / G4X / X38 / X48 / X58. There is NO restriction regarding the cooling, and frequencies. ES CPU are allowed.

The screenshot prrof must contains in a visible way [/b]
    [*] SuperPi 1.5 XS – 16M window with every loops and the ‘Pi calculation finished’ popup.
    [*] CPU-Z 1.51 or greater – Tab : CPU – Memory - Mainboard

Optional : [*] CPU-Z 1.51 or greater – Tab : SPD
    [*] MemSet 4.0

Hardware limitation:
    [*] Motherboard: MSI Intel-based : P3X / G3X / P4X / G4X / X38 / X48 / X58
    [*] ES CPU allowed.

[*] You can’t share a CPU. One CPU can be used only by one team or one single contestant. (See above for details & examples)
    [*] You can’t share a motherboard. One motherboard can be used only by one team or one single contestant. (See above for details & examples)

Misc.
    [*] Each scores must be done by the contestant or the contestant team.
    [*] Your Score must be done during the online qualification Time. No prior scores will be allowed.
    [*] Scores must be supplied in .jpg or .png format and uploaded / hosted somewhere that can be reached during all the time of the competition.
    [*] Every contestant can choose only ONE score to be judged on. You can submit scores anytime you want but you MUST select a score before the end of the online qualification prcess.

The ranking of Super Pi 16Mo will be based on the total score, lower is better.

3DMark 01 SE

3DMark 01 will test the entire system and the VGA.
    The rules are similar to SuperPi 16M, you must use a MSI Intel-based Motherboard, it can be a different one.

You can run different configuration for SuperPi and 3Dmark.
    Regarding VGA, you can run any nVidia VGA since Geforce 8 series that have a minimum amount of 500 submission on Hwbot.

You must use 3DMark 01 SE and run the GT1/GT2/GT3/GT4 tests with defaults settings.

The validation screenshot must contain:
    [*] 3DMark 01 window with score and details (showing the Fps)
    [*] GPU-Z 0.3.4 or above
    [*] CPU-Z 1.5.1 or above – Tab : CPU - Memory - Mainboard

Optional :
    [*] CPU-Z 1.51 or above – SPD tab
    [*] MemSet 4.0
    [*] Rivatuner

[*]Hardware limitation:

[*] Motherboard: MSI Intel-based : P3X / G3X / P4X / G4X / X38 / X48 / X58
    [*] ES CPU allowed.
    [*] You can’t share a CPU. One CPU can be used only by one team or one single contestant. (See above
    for details & examples).
    [*] Your Score must be done during the online qualification Time. No prior scores will be allowed.
    [*] You can’t share a motherboard. One motherboard can be used only by one team or one single contestant. (See above for details & examples).
    [*] You can’t share a VGA. One VGA can be used only by one team or one single contestant. (See above for details & examples).
    [*] Graphic Card must be nVidia, every VGA from Geforce 8 series to now are allowed as they have a minimum amount of 500 submissions on Hwbot.

Misc.
    [*] Each scores must be done by the contestant or the contestant team.
    [*] Scores must be supplied in .jpg or .png format and uploaded / hosted somewhere that can be reached during all the time of the competition.
    [*] Every contestant can choose only ONE score to be judged on. You can submit scores anytime you want but you MUST select a score before the end of the online qualification prcess.

The ranking is calculated by the total score AND the relative score to the WR.

About the relative score, here is the ‘equation’ to get the relative score for ranking :
    (Your 3DMark01 score / The WR on the End date of the qualification ) *100 = The relative score in %age.
    You can use multi-card, in this case you must select the multi-card WR. For single VGA you select the Single VGA WR on Hwbot.

WR are from Hwbot.org (no other source).

Relative score ranking: Bigger is better

Total score ranking: Bigger is better

Example 1 :

With 1 9800GTX I reached 90 000 in 3DMark01.
    The actual WR is 114 416.
    The calculation : ( 90 000 / 114 416 ) * 100 = 78.66%.

Example 2 :

SLI GTX 260 I set a new 3DMark01 WR with 130 000.
    Next Best score is 124 411.
    ( 130 000 / 124 411 ) * 100 = 104.49%

Points distribution :

Last edited by Trouffman; 05-10-2009 at 05:20 PM.
    Overclocking-TV Staff

Xtreme Addict
    I've more infos guys

[MOA] America OC rule:
    1st Phase: 6/29-7/19
     Submit scores/screen shoot online
     Benchmark: Super PI 16M
     Platform: MSI P4 series or above with MSI NV graphic
     Top 10 for 2nd phase.

2nd Phase: 7/25-8/9
     Submit scores/screen shoot online
     Benchmark:3D Mark Vantage, CPU-Z
     Platform: MSI P4 series or above with MSI NV graphic
     Top 3 with great prizes or cash rewards
     Top 2 teams (total 4 persons) got the tickets to Beijing, China for grand final in September.

Below is the schedule of all MOA contests:
    EU online selection: May 15 – June 15
    EU qualifier event: July 10-12
    South East Asia (SEA) online selection: June 22 -- July 31
    America (North & South) online selection: June 29 – Aug.9
    China:
    Online selection: July (the exact date is under discussion now…)
    Qualifier event: August (the exact date is under discussion now…)
    Japan – they won’t join MOA 2009.
    Korea, Australia, Taiwan – Will directly assign 2 representatives - OCers to MOA Grand Final.
    China – will organize online selection & qualifier event by themselves.
    [MOA] SEA OC rule:
    PHASE I
    1) The Online competition will start from June 22nd ~ July 12th -(Entries of the overclockers)
    Will choose top 3 from each countries –
    The top 1st will be allowed to participate in the II Phase
    2) Wild Card – In this wild card MSI will choose 3 participant from the mention countries –
    MSI will give one more chance to these 3 overclockers as MSI feels they are good and must be given a chance to compete.
    3) Total Winners going to II Phase : 7 (top 1st ) + 3 (Wild Card) = 10 participants
    4) OC Platform: Must be MSI Intel 4 series MB and above Ex: P43/P45/G43/G45/X58
    VGA: MSI NVIDIA Graphic Card
    CPU: ES CPU is prohibited
    5) Phase I Benchmark: Super PI 16M

Winners will be listed on the Microsite

PHASE II
    6) Competition of Overclocker from July 13 ~ July 31st (10 winners from Phase I)
    Will choose top 3 for the grand Finale
    7) The top 3 winners can invite 1 partner each for the grand finale. (each winner comes from different country)
    8) Total competitors for the grand Finale will be 3 (top 3) + 3(partners) = 6 participants
    9) OC Platform: Must be MSI Intel 4 series MB and above Ex: P43/P45/G43/G45/X58
    VGA: MSI NVIDIA Graphic Card
    CPU: ES CPU is prohibited
    10) Phase II Benchmark: Super PI 32M and 3D Mark Vintage (professional Edition)

This statement are subject to change
    Overclocking-TV Staff

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Sweet, America can play and on one platform, X58! Just in time for Core i7 975 to launch also Now time to start saving for another $1k chip

I am Xtreme
    How funny is it that you have to save up in order to be able to compete in the qualifiers (!) of an overclocking competition. Seriously, these qualifiers have to be organised differently ...
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Xtreme Addict
    what do you mean with "save up"?
    you mean buying MSI gear?

how else are they going to make organizing such events profitable?

Belgium's #1 Hardware Review Site and OC-Team!

Champion
    Need a few clarification for the US Rules-

1. Are ES Chips allowed?
    2. Top 10 Phase I, compete in Phase II. Out of Phase II, top 4 goes to Wolrd Championship as Two Teams? So Team 1 = 1st and 2nd, Team 2 = 3rd and 4th place finisher?

- Ton

Banned
    Deleted ... some envious bas*ard squeled us, because HE wasnt invited ... Thanks

But MSI gear is here ...

and D0 CPU is waiting ...
    Last edited by OBR; 05-12-2009 at 05:59 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Another question about US qualifications, what site are we supposed to post our scores up at? Here?
    Heatware
    filmbot

Xtremely Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by jmke View Post

Agreed but 2 boards (X58 for 16M and P45 for 2001se) and nvidia card could be a bit too much

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post
    Sweet, America can play and on one platform, X58! Just in time for Core i7 975 to launch also Now time to start saving for another $1k chip
    Quote Originally Posted by jmke View Post

Not only the motherboard has to be bought. Those who don't have a good cpu are obliged to find a new one and, thus, have to spend even more money.

Making people buy their gear makes things more profitable? I think there's only a very few people who actually bother to BUY a motherboard just to be able to compete in the national qualifier.
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by TiTON View Post
    Need a few clarification for the US Rules-

1. Are ES Chips allowed?
    2. Top 10 Phase I, compete in Phase II. Out of Phase II, top 4 goes to Wolrd Championship as Two Teams? So Team 1 = 1st and 2nd, Team 2 = 3rd and 4th place finisher?

- Ton
    1. I do'nt think so :/ but it'll depend on which website is organising it...
    2. nop Phase I -> the best 10 teams goes to Phase II.
    Best 2 teams in Phase 2 go to Beiijing Final ! and the first 3 best teams win prizes !

Quote Originally Posted by filmbot View Post
    Another question about US qualifications, what site are we supposed to post our scores up at? Here?
    Dunno yet this was 'early' info
    Overclocking-TV Staff

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast