Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pepsi and Mountain Dew Throwback

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootup05 View Post
    Search KustomPCs for it. They sell Multipacks of the stuff in many flavours for Next day Del accross mainland UK
    I love you.
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Xtreme Member
    You can buy Mexico Coke

Which is made with real sugar year round, and comes in glass bottles!
    Ryba's Ver 4 DryIce/LN2 pot"
    Cryo-Z Phase-R-507A
    AMD 955
    GD70FX
    Crucial2GB kit (1GBx2),DDR3 PC3-16000(2Ghz)
    2 x 4890 MSi OC Cards
    Maze5, Maze4, 120 Black Ice EX, one 240 Black Ice EX
    Fixed speed pump powered by a 17v meanwell

Xtreme Addict
    Would anyone be mad if I were to say I'm enjoying one now?

Try again at your local store. The Walmart here finally stocked liters and 12oz cans. The liters were already sold out.

Xtreme Addict
    I have been looking all over for this stuff. No where around me can I find one. Apparently the state's sugar colt is buying out as much of this stuff as they can get, which may explain why all my store shelves seem to be empty. Hopefully I can find one.

Xtreme Addict
    Guarantee that people are stocking up on it now so when it's no longer sold they can put it on Ebay.

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Quote Originally Posted by tool_462 View Post
    Where have you seen it? I work in Edina a few nights per week
    Last time I saw it was at the Cub Foods on York across from Southdale. In the "ethnic" aisle at the bottom, next to the Jarritos which are also always sugar and not HFCS. They seem to be hit and miss at that location. The Mexican grocers always have them, though. La Alborada on East Lake is the one I have in mind but there is another on 25-ish and Nicollet whose name escapes me and another in St. Paul called El Burrito Mercado or something like that.

naked X2 3800+ Toledo LCBIE 0618EPMW ]3020mhz@1.554v]
    TT BigTyphoon
    DFI LP UT NF4 Sli-D - 4/06 BT mod
    PCP&C Silencer 750w

2x1GB Mushkin XP4000 Samsung C-UCCC @253mhz 3,4,3,8 1T @ 2.65v
    eVGA 8800GT 512MB@ 787/1944/2244

Xtreme CCIE
    Basically, it's what's sold in Canada (except the Mountain Dew has no caffeine in Canada) - we don't let in your corn syrup drinks. Our versions are still made with sugar, unless I'm mistaken on that.

Since I just moved down I'll be buying a years supply in a few days from a local Schnucks.
    Dual CCIE (Route\Switch and Security) at your disposal. Have a Cisco-related or other network question? My PM box is always open.

Xtreme Network:
    - Cisco 3560X-24P PoE Switch
    - Cisco ASA 5505 Firewall
    - Cisco 4402 Wireless LAN Controller
    - Cisco 3502i Access Point

Xtreme Cruncher
    That's still so strange that you have to get the special Mountain Dew in Canada to get a caffeine jolt. I'd forgotten all about that, what did they call the Mtn Dew with caffeine ? Mountain Dew Max or something ? Strange place....

don_xvi helps find cures for cancer, AIDS and West Nile, among other research !
    Donald A. Perlick helps find cures for Alzheimer's, cancer, and Parkinson's, among other research !

I am Xtreme
    I looked for some yesterday in Pa. but, No Joy.
    The Laws of Thermodynamics say:

Zeroth Law: "You must play the game."
    First Law: "You can't win."
    Second Law: "You can't break even."
    Third Law: "You can't quit the game."

Do you wanna Play Thermodynamics ???????? I forgot "you must"

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Basically, it's what's sold in Canada (except the Mountain Dew has no caffeine in Canada) - we don't let in your corn syrup drinks. Our versions are still made with sugar, unless I'm mistaken on that.

Since I just moved down I'll be buying a years supply in a few days from a local Schnucks.
    The only reason HFCS is used in the US so extensively is a tariff on cane sugar designed to protect some 1100 sugar beet farmers. Cane sugar here is just plain expensive relative to other nations which makes products like HFCS incredibly cheap by comparison. Canada has essentially zero sugar beet farmers so no need for a tariff.

Canada also produces very little corn (less than 4% of US corn production) so importing HFCS historically has not made a lot of economic sense there, even long before it was understood how the body processes it leading to obesity and diabetes among other ill effects.
    Last edited by hawkeyefan; 04-30-2009 at 05:28 PM.

naked X2 3800+ Toledo LCBIE 0618EPMW ]3020mhz@1.554v]
    TT BigTyphoon
    DFI LP UT NF4 Sli-D - 4/06 BT mod
    PCP&C Silencer 750w

2x1GB Mushkin XP4000 Samsung C-UCCC @253mhz 3,4,3,8 1T @ 2.65v
    eVGA 8800GT 512MB@ 787/1944/2244

Xtreme CCIE
    Quote Originally Posted by don_xvi View Post
    That's still so strange that you have to get the special Mountain Dew in Canada to get a caffeine jolt. I'd forgotten all about that, what did they call the Mtn Dew with caffeine ? Mountain Dew Max or something ? Strange place....
    I didn't know we ever had a caffeinated version, but I could see it. The reason is that we have some law stating that only dark-colored drinks are allowed to have caffeine. With that said, I don't know how the energy drinks get around it unless they fit in to some other, special category with whoever our food and drink guys are.

Oh, and that's another thing I noticed - we may not have caffeine in our Mountain Dew, but at least we know how to spell the word Mountain (unlike on your "MTN" Dew) :P
    Dual CCIE (Route\Switch and Security) at your disposal. Have a Cisco-related or other network question? My PM box is always open.

Xtreme Network:
    - Cisco 3560X-24P PoE Switch
    - Cisco ASA 5505 Firewall
    - Cisco 4402 Wireless LAN Controller
    - Cisco 3502i Access Point

Xtreme Mentor
    how many MG of caffein is in Mountain Dew btw? random Q I know?
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    I didn't know we ever had a caffeinated version, but I could see it. The reason is that we have some law stating that only dark-colored drinks are allowed to have caffeine. With that said, I don't know how the energy drinks get around it unless they fit in to some other, special category with whoever our food and drink guys are.

Oh, and that's another thing I noticed - we may not have caffeine in our Mountain Dew, but at least we know how to spell the word Mountain (unlike on your "MTN" Dew) :P
    I recall that the stuff was being made out to be like an energy drink, it was a few years ago.
    As for "Mtn Dew", it's all the text messaging rage ! They're just staying on the cutting edge !

don_xvi helps find cures for cancer, AIDS and West Nile, among other research !
    Donald A. Perlick helps find cures for Alzheimer's, cancer, and Parkinson's, among other research !

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesrt2004 View Post
    how many MG of caffein is in Mountain Dew btw? random Q I know?
    This should answer that .

Honestly, it is so little caffeine I don't know why people make a big deal about it. Of course, I used to drink 8 espresso shots before work so I may not be the best barometer for that.

Xtreme Member
    I just got some of both today, the guy was still unloading it from the truck. I haven't tried the Mountain Dew yet but the Pepsi definitly tastes better.

Xtreme Addict
    bought another 3 cases today. Only had 7 on the shelf.

the pepsi is so good, man I hope they continue this formula

corn syrup
    ~

Xtreme Addict
    It is very good.

Found it at Target in St. Paul and in Roseville.
    i5 2500K @ 4.9GHz+ 8GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 6 Asus P8P67 Pro CrossFire 6970's @ 950/1450
    Xeon X5677 @ 4.5Ghz 6GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 7 Gigabyte EX58-UD5 4870x2
    i7-880 @ 4.2Ghz+ (still playing) 4GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @2300Mhz CAS 9 Asus Maximus III Formula MSI Hawk 5770

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Mountain Dew is something really hard to see in Spain...you don't get to see it everyday because people just doesn't buy it (i'm not sure i've ever tried it).
    BTW, I'm curious... is all the coke and pepsi sold around the US taste the same? It's curious but here in Spain it's not...

PD: HFCS, whats that?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by prava View Post
    Mountain Dew is something really hard to see in Spain...you don't get to see it everyday because people just doesn't buy it (i'm not sure i've ever tried it).
    BTW, I'm curious... is all the coke and pepsi sold around the US taste the same? It's curious but here in Spain it's not...

PD: HFCS, whats that?
    Coke and Pepsi taste very different.

HFCS stands for High Fructose Corn Syrup.

I finally found some, but they are almost always in limited stock or sold out. If you are in WA try Rite Aid.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Love the Pepsi throwback. That is some quality soda lol.

The Mountain Dew tho I really don't care for. It sorta tastes like Moonmist but also kinda tastes like MTN Dew mixed with diet MTN Dew. I defin could get used to it tho.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by faster3200 View Post
    Coke and Pepsi taste very different.

HFCS stands for High Fructose Corn Syrup.

I finally found some, but they are almost always in limited stock or sold out. If you are in WA try Rite Aid.
    You got me wrong (well, I explained myself pretty wrong, I admit ), what I mean is if the coke bottled in WA tastes different that the one bottled somewhere else (ofc coke and pepsi tastes different...).

Xtreme Cruncher
    coke with real sugar in can owns everything that and cheap gas is what makes me stay in my country LOL
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by prava View Post
    You got me wrong (well, I explained myself pretty wrong, I admit ), what I mean is if the coke bottled in WA tastes different that the one bottled somewhere else (ofc coke and pepsi tastes different...).
    Nope. Within the country it all tastes the same. If I go to Mexico is tastes different though.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesrt2004 View Post
    I love you.
    wow dude watch it

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by faster3200 View Post
    Nope. Within the country it all tastes the same. If I go to Mexico is tastes different though.
    Fountain soda uses tap water so that taste could change.
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Kayin View Post
    Should the RIAA ever target me, I will immediately forfeit US citizenship and move back to reservation, which has no extradition policy and would probably tell Whitey to get bent or we'll scalp you and take your women...
    Free Omastar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast