Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pepsi and Mountain Dew Throwback

Xtreme Cruncher

Pepsi and Mountain Dew Throwback

Has anyone tried this?
    They decided to make Pepsi and Mountain Dew with real sugar.
    The Mountain Dew kicks all kinds of ass and the Pepsi is pretty good too.
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Kayin View Post
    Should the RIAA ever target me, I will immediately forfeit US citizenship and move back to reservation, which has no extradition policy and would probably tell Whitey to get bent or we'll scalp you and take your women...
    Free Omastar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Cruncher
    http://www.bevreview.com/2009/02/26/...dew-throwback/

Per Pepsi, "Pepsi Throwback and Mountain Dew Throwback will be available nationwide for about 8 weeks beginning April 20″. We previously reported a release window of April 20-June 13. Technically, 8 weeks would be June 15, but again, it says "about 8 weeks", plus you have product that will be on the shelves after the release dates. (Then again, if these prove popular, they might not be around that long!)

Mark Ficher of the Dayton Daily News wrote an article where he asked Pepsi, "what if consumer response is overwhelmingly positive? Might Pepsi change its mind about the limited-time offer?"

Their response? "We'll have to see."
    Should the RIAA ever target me, I will immediately forfeit US citizenship and move back to reservation, which has no extradition policy and would probably tell Whitey to get bent or we'll scalp you and take your women...
    Free Omastar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    Where do you buy this? I must go hunting now!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Gonna have to buy some.
    Fold for XS!
    You know you want to

Banned
    looks like we are going back to 70's style wavy colors lol
    i want to try the pepsi and see if still has a lot gas and sour taste, thats i liked coke cola it was sweeter
    mountain dew is definate buy

Xtreme Enthusiast
    seriously, where can i get some of this?
    i think i'm going to go raid my local grocery stores.
    "fightoffyourdemons"

XS_THE_MACHINE
    They're running this through part of summer and it's available most everywhere by now. Alternatively for those in the US, just hit the local Mexican market or even the "ethnic" aisle of many supermarket chains, where you can buy Coke made with sugar in glass bottles (imported from Mexico). Not cheap but it's worth every penny.

naked X2 3800+ Toledo LCBIE 0618EPMW ]3020mhz@1.554v]
    TT BigTyphoon
    DFI LP UT NF4 Sli-D - 4/06 BT mod
    PCP&C Silencer 750w

2x1GB Mushkin XP4000 Samsung C-UCCC @253mhz 3,4,3,8 1T @ 2.65v
    eVGA 8800GT 512MB@ 787/1944/2244

I am Xtreme
    You know there weren't as many fat people in the 60's~70's. Why is it you only see fat people drinking saccharin/artificial sweetener filled diet drinks ?
    The Laws of Thermodynamics say:

Zeroth Law: "You must play the game."
    First Law: "You can't win."
    Second Law: "You can't break even."
    Third Law: "You can't quit the game."

Do you wanna Play Thermodynamics ???????? I forgot "you must"

Xtreme Addict
    Both drinks are great. They sell them here at Walmart in the coolers, but not the actual drink aisle.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznik Akime View Post
    Both drinks are great. They sell them here at Walmart in the coolers, but not the actual drink aisle.
    Mine doesn't . You made me go into a Walmart, you malicious man.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    They're running this through part of summer and it's available most everywhere by now. Alternatively for those in the US, just hit the local Mexican market or even the "ethnic" aisle of many supermarket chains, where you can buy Coke made with sugar in glass bottles (imported from Mexico). Not cheap but it's worth every penny.
    Where have you seen it? I work in Edina a few nights per week
    i5 2500K @ 4.9GHz+ 8GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 6 Asus P8P67 Pro CrossFire 6970's @ 950/1450
    Xeon X5677 @ 4.5Ghz 6GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 7 Gigabyte EX58-UD5 4870x2
    i7-880 @ 4.2Ghz+ (still playing) 4GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @2300Mhz CAS 9 Asus Maximus III Formula MSI Hawk 5770

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by faster3200 View Post
    Mine doesn't . You made me go into a Walmart, you malicious man.
    I do apologize for you having to walk into a Walmart and also for no soda. Yer missing out!

Xtreme Cruncher
    I found it in Raley's in Sacramento. I knew it was coming out for a while, and thought I made a thread here but I guess not.
    Free Omastar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by [XC] 2long4u View Post
    I found it in Raley's in Sacramento. I knew it was coming out for a while, and thought I made a thread here but I guess not.
    You did. Before the last downtime that took out a few days of posts.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Addict
    yep..I nearly made a thread about this. Im strongly against HFCS in cola..and hunt down cola with actual surgar. During passover I stock up on Coke for passover in the 2 Liter bottles. It's almost gone now..this store near me still has a few pallets though.

then I heard about pepsi doing this promo for dew and pepsi..and drove to like 8 stores..finally found some..this was last week..when the distribution was crap..now I have seen it in more places thank god. I bought 6 cases.

during the off season i only buy soda from whole foods...their store brand made with cane sugar is cheap..and taste good..the rootbeer is the best!

Jones is another brand..but it's hard to find around here..so I just get the Whole foods cola...

I hope pepsi decides to continue Throwback..it taste much better. I didn't care so much for the mountain dew..but in end I don't really drink HFCS dew ever..nor have been a huge fan of dew period..it's good though...just nothing great.

the pepsi is really good though. The way it should be.
    ~

Xtreme Addict
    oh if anyone want's help finding Throwback

go onto Twitter and search for #Throwback

there is a running list of people posting locations where they found the beverage.

it's hard to find still..even after it's slowly come into markets. It seems wal-farts..is the best bet. that's where I have the most luck

Smiths, Kroger..non of them have it yet..even after 8 days.
    ~

Xtreme Cruncher
    Heck, I stopped to pick up a Mtn Dew at a "party store" as they're called here in Michigan and didn't even pay attention to the old school "Mountain Dew" label, to me it just meant I was going to get what I wanted (heck, it's a familiar look for Mountain Dew)! Then as I was carrying it up to the counter I noticed it was the throwback. I even held off from popping that peppermint gum in my mouth to experience the taste... I didn't get much out of it. It wasn't as much fun as when the fountain dispenser at the gas station near work is running rich ! yum ! LOL

don_xvi helps find cures for cancer, AIDS and West Nile, among other research !
    Donald A. Perlick helps find cures for Alzheimer's, cancer, and Parkinson's, among other research !

Xtreme Mentor
    Mountain Dew comeee tooo thheeee UK!!!!
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Xtreme Member
    Sugar-water now with real sugar! Rejoice!!

E6550 2,33GHz @ 3,5 GHz || HD4850 714/1104 || 2x1GB OCZ PC-8500 @ 1000MHz
    Abit IP-35-e || Amacrox 450W PSU
    || Max. sig. size is 500x250 pix, isn't yours bigger?
    Cooled by: Apogee GT || MCW-60 || MCP655 || BW Extreme 123 rev. 2 || MCres

Xtreme Member
    I saw these last night at Homeland and picked up a pepsi and mt dew for $7.00 for 2. I tried the pepsi and really didn't notice much of a difference. Haven't tried the mt dew yet.

Admin
    I'm trying the Pepsi and it tastes a little sweeter than normal...but I still prefer coke.

Love will tear us apart
    Excellent. Yeah it ain't (just) the glass bottle that makes the Mexican Coke taste better.
    Dark Star IV
    i5 3570K | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 8GB Samsung 30nm | GTX 670 FTW 4GB + XSPC Razer 680 | 128GB Samsung 830
    Apogee HD White | 140MM UT60/120MM UT45/120MM ST30 | XSPC D5 V2

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesrt2004 View Post
    Mountain Dew comeee tooo thheeee UK!!!!
    Search KustomPCs for it. They sell Multipacks of the stuff in many flavours for Next day Del accross mainland UK

Xtreme Cruncher
    Had another Mountain Dew throwback. Maybe a hint sweeter, but still not like that rich-running dispenser at the Speedway by work... yum !
    Insulin injections, here I come !

don_xvi helps find cures for cancer, AIDS and West Nile, among other research !
    Donald A. Perlick helps find cures for Alzheimer's, cancer, and Parkinson's, among other research !

Xtreme Addict
    Yeah.. With these being accessible I kinda broke my vow of only one soda every two days. It's now two sodas every one day.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast