Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate Lian-Li

Xtreme Member

I hate Lian-Li

They make such god damn awesome cases but....

Why. WHY GOD. Why are there only space for THREE hard drives?! Who gave them the idea that just because a cage that fits 3 hard drives and equals 120mmx120mm, aka 1 fan, is the perfect hard drive cage?! I NEED 4 D:

So uhmm :P What can I do with my 4th hard drive? I really want one of these cases xD

Xtreme Cruncher
    Uhh are you gonna use all the 5 1/4 bays? YOu can put HDD's there too....

Xtreme Enthusiast
    5.25-3.5 adapter works miracles for your problem haha.

linky here

you can buy another HD Cage =)

Xtreme Member
    Wow you have absolutely no creativity at all. Is there a computer case law book says you must put HD's at the allotted space allowed? From the pic, it looks like you can put your 4th HD under that HD rack, or on either side of the 5.25 bays. You could also just get another HD rack for the middle slot. You swear it was a god-forsaken thing...

Xtreme Member
    is it me or does that case look awfully like an antec 900?

Xtreme Member
    Just takin a stab at it but because it isn't a full size tower? LOL

but, they do have nice mobo holes for retention brackets =)

Xtreme Member
    Part of it is because they're designed with high level of modularity in mind. They also sell those exact cages separately y'know... which as you might have deduced by now covers the remainder of cause: bean counting.

So be my guest and keep the hatorade flowing. Spill some in my name too will ya, because I can't bring myself to do so in face of their otherwise sheer awesomeness.

Xtreme Recruit

Xtreme Member
    MainPC():
    Q6600 + 8GB RAM + 160GB SSD + 1.5TB HDD + Visiontek HD4850 + Gigabyte P965-DS3 rev3.3
    HTPC():
    E4200 + 4GB RAM + 160GB SSD + Samsung F1 2x1TB RAID-0 + Asus EAH 3450 + Asus P5E-VM HDMI + KWorld ATSC-110 HDTV
    Laptop():
    CR-48

Xtreme Member
    There is no limit of choice!! Plus these keep the front of your case looking all Lian Li pretty.

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product...=5&ss_index=12

By the looks of it, that case comes with the EX-33.

I've had the EX-34N which is 4xHDD's in 3x5.25" bays and not bad to use, but have to put the HDD's in from the rear, which can be a bit of a pain if it's near the video card or in my case, the ram cooler.

I've upgraded to a EX-H33 which is hot-swapable, but uses a provided bracket which you need to screw onto the HDD to mount it. This is a bit of a pain when you don't use all 3 HDD's as you need to keep the bracket + screws safe! But the hot-swap functionality is great (I use it in a Linux file-server).

Here's another option

Quote Originally Posted by kev_b View Post
    Here's another option

Thats really clean looking, any other pics?

Xtreme Member
    ahh, lot's of good ideas. But I prefer a nice stylish look, not so much ghetto :P
    Seems like the ideal solution, thanks to everyone

Xtreme Addict
    Anyone know when the armorsuit pc50 will be available?
    Desktop I5-3570k, 8GB Ram, GTX 560, Silverstone TJ08-E, Crucial M4 128GB, 750W Silver Power, ASUS P8Z77-M
    Laptop ThinkPad W520 2720QM /2 x 4 GB ram / Quadro 1000M / Crucial M4 128GB + 500Gb Hdd / FHD Screen / Intel WiFi Link 6300 AGN WLAN / 9 Cell Battery
    Laptop 2 New Macbook Pro Retina / i7 QuadCore / 650 GT / 16GB Ram / 512 GB SSD
    Server: Athlon II X4 640, ASROCK K10N78, 8GB Ram, LSI MegaRaid 8 port, 64GB Vertex 1, 5 x 1 TB WD Raid6, 3 x 3TB Seagate Raid5

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Well if you want to be able to put a LOT of hard drives in a Lian Li case you should google a "Lian Li PC76"
    By my count if you fill the two hard drive racks and then add some 5.25" bay devices you can get 19 drives in there and a DVDRW..
    Is that enough?
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

they have 4in3 hdbays Lian Li EX-34 HDD and Lian Li HDD-Kit EX-34NB with incl. 120mm fan

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    My LL has two racks at the front bottom..
    Each holds 6 drives..
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by koksy View Post
    Why. WHY GOD. Why are there only space for THREE hard drives?! Who gave them the idea that just because a cage that fits 3 hard drives and equals 120mmx120mm, aka 1 fan, is the perfect hard drive cage?! I NEED 4 D:

So uhmm :P What can I do with my 4th hard drive? I really want one of these cases xD
    A) It's Lian Li, not Lian-Li
    B) They have a very wide range of Cases, including ones that can fit clearly more than three harddisks.
    C) If you want that case with more than three harddisks, then here is your solution.
    D) Next time before making a thread with a title like I hate company x take 30 seconds and think about possible solutions.
    Last edited by naokaji; 04-28-2009 at 03:05 AM.

Xtreme Member
    ahh, lot's of good ideas. But I prefer a nice stylish look, not so much ghetto :P
    Seems like the ideal solution, thanks to everyone
    Just to make sure for precision's sake, THIS is the exact cage used by the PC-P50 posted in your op.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naokaji View Post
    A) It's Lian Li, not Lian-Li
    B) They have a very wide range of Cases, including ones that can fit clearly more than three harddisks.
    C) If you want that case with more than three harddisks, then here is your solution.
    D) Next time before making a thread with a title like I hate company x take 30 seconds and think about possible solutions.
    Get some humor. The title was a joke, thought that was clear in my post. And stop being such a grammar-nazi.

Xtreme Addict
    I have a 5.25" to 3.5" adapter, takes up 3x 5.25 bays and gives me 4x 3.5 spaces, also includes dampening to cut down on the vibration sound! and gives my drives more space to breathe! aaaaaaaaaand cost $10 I believe...

Agreed that these cases are gorgeous, never quite aligned with what I needed though :-\ If I ever go back to air cooling, the A05b has my money

Xtreme Addict

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Flügel View Post
    they have 4in3 hdbays Lian Li EX-34 HDD and Lian Li HDD-Kit EX-34NB with incl. 120mm fan
    Indeed, the EX-34NB looks awesome
    http://shop.freezinghardware.nl/inde...03&i=5501&c=83
    Click the photo on that page for a larger pic
    lol... This forum requires that you wait 70 seconds between posts. Please try again in 8 seconds.
    *phone rings*
    Friend: Do you have a spare PSU lying around?
    Me: No why?
    Friend: My PSU just blew up, I think the second 8800GTX might have been too much for it to handle
    Me: what PSU was that again?
    Friend: Antec 480w
    Me:........

Xtreme Addict
    Get some humor. The title was a joke, thought that was clear in my post. And stop being such a grammar-nazi.
    nothing to do with Grammar, but very much to do with your I hate the entire Company attitude presented by the title.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast