Thread: Much worst image quality on Windows 7? has anyone the same problem?

Xtreme X.I.P.

Much worst image quality on Windows 7? has anyone the same problem?

So i have a Dell 24" monitor and love watching US Series in it, normally lost, chuck, big bang theory and others also from now and then a few movies.

I was using Vista and the 720P videos looked really sharp and now that i changed to Windows 7 i can see the blocks of pixels from far away. I was told it was a VLC problem but tried WMC and had the same issue.

I've tried a 9600GT and a 9800GTX+ both vista and windos 7 drivers, same issue.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by metro.cl View Post
    So i have a Dell 24" monitor and love watching US Series in it, normally lost, chuck, big bang theory and others also from now and then a few movies.

I was using Vista and the 720P videos looked really sharp and now that i changed to Windows 7 i can see the blocks of pixels from far away. I was told it was a VLC problem but tried WMC and had the same issue.

well I didn't have this issue with build 7000 I haven't installed any newer build because I've been busy with school work. I'll try the RC build next week.

Asus Z9PE-D8 WS with 64GB of registered ECC ram.|Dell 30" LCD 3008wfp:7970 video card

LSI series raid controller
    SSDs: Crucial C300 256GB
    Standard drives: Seagate ST32000641AS & WD 1TB black
    OSes: Linux and Windows x64

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by metro.cl View Post

ill take a stab in the dark and say you have done a upgrade install of windows 7???? if you have it WILL be that. if not then sorry I can't help everything's perfect for me.
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Xtreme Cruncher
    Why will the upgrade have broken it?????

Back OT, Win7 uses a native decoder for h264 and MP4 type videos and even if you install ffdshow/CCCP/k-lite/CoreAVC over the top, it just ignores it and uses the built in decoder.

Were you using a 3rd party decoder on Vista?

Quote Originally Posted by RazzleUltra View Post
    Win7 uses a native decoder for h264 and MP4 type videos and even if you install ffdshow/CCCP/k-lite/CoreAVC over the top, it just ignores it and uses the built in decoder.
    Is this true ? wow that is just annoying
    Something old ..

Xtreme Cruncher
    Seems to be.

It's nice that Win7 plays most stuff out of the box now, but not so nice that you can't use your own CUDA based HW decoder (CoreAVC etc.)

Think there's some registry hack workarounds in the works though, so it's not all doom and gloom....

http://forum.corecodec.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1850

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by RazzleUltra View Post
    Why will the upgrade have broken it?????
    seems people who upgrade see wierd issues like this one (me included) i had bad video quality + static from my audio... cleaned installed instead and was perfect again.
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Xtreme Cruncher
    Fair enough then!

The new WHQL drivers are coming out now which should help but so far I didn't have any problems on 7000 beta, will be moving to RC soon.
    Asus Maximus VIII Ranger Z170 : Core i5-6600K : EVGA RTX2080 XC : 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200 : 256Gb Crucial MX500 : Corsair H100i : PCP&C 750w 60A : CM Cosmos S : Windows 10 x64
    Asus Z8NA-D6 : Dual Xeon E5645 : 24Gb DDR3-1333 ECC : MSI GTX470 : 120Gb Samsung EVO 840 : 1TB HDD : PCP&C 750w 60A : CM Stacker : DD MC-TDX, EK-FC470, RX240+RX120, D5 X-Top, BayRes : VMware ESXi 6.7.0 - VM's - WCG crunchers x 5 (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS), Mint 19, Windows 10 Insider Preview
    Sophos XG 17.5.3 running on GA-Z97-Wifi : Core i3 : 8Gb DDR3-1600 : 120Gb SSD : Corsair H80
    BenQ GW2765, Aten 4-port KVM, Asustor AS5002 4Tb NAS, Belkin 1500va UPS, Sky Fibre Max 80/20Mbps

Xtreme Member
    Catalyst 9.4 doesn't like Video on my machine, it seems to reset itself every time I play video. The screen goes black, then flickers then the driver message comes up saying they have been restarted, it alos happens with Winamp visualisations. No codecs installed just whatever is in the 7100 package.
    Hiper HPU-4M880, Q6600@3.6Ghz 1.5V, Abit IP35-E, 2x2GB OCZ Dominator PC8500, [COLOR="Blue"]XFX 6950Watercooled