Thread: Big Red Machine

Big Red Machine

Hi guys, Yet another project log needs to be done. Had a very disappointing start as I wanted to work on a mid tower case like a 650D. Bought one but my RIVE mobo just would accommodate water cooling in it. Coming into contact with too many points and issues like that. So I've decided to use back my good ol' Lian Li A70 Case.

Hardware:

Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    Corsair Vengeance 4 X 4GB
    HIS Radeon 6790(awaiting GTX680 replacement)
    Intel 520 Series 120GB
    Corsair HX1000W
    Lian Li A70

Waterware:

Swiftech Apogee HD Black
    Swiftech MCP355
    XSPC Acrylic Reservoir
    Eco Earth Fluid XP RED
    (New)
    EK-Multioption RES X2 - 250 Advanced
    Black IceŽ SR1 240 Radiator
    Swiftech MCP35X Series Heat Sink
    Tygon Clear tubing
    Thermalright FDB2K rpm fans all round.
    Last edited by static369; 09-26-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Casing with mobo, psu, hdd's in place, 240rad. This combination looks tight, I still have my pump and res to install. No idea where they're gonna be palced yet. I'm leaving the top for a 360 rad when I upgrade my gfx card.

C&C most welcomed

Change of Plans!

As I was browsing through some of other people's project log, especially 650D I had to try again fitting the 240 radiator at the top. So then it began...

Installed the mobo onto the 650D...

Closer shot... (If you've noticed something funny to my mobo, I'll explain later)

Installed the 240 radiator with the fans as exhausting air out. I had to install my 8pin mobo connector and flex the cables quite a bit before it actually went in. Also had to be routed by the front or side rather then the back of the mobo tray.

I still have a little bit of room to install the rams without removing the radiator.

This is what happens when you have red and black themed water cooling system and fail to check for leakages once in a while. The red coolant had stained the white pci locks. Even the black one looks obvious. It lead to gunk build up at the battery. I dare not post photos on that. Removed all the parts and cleaned them but the red stains refuse to go away!!! Any advise on this???
    Last edited by static369; 09-26-2012 at 09:26 PM.

Manage to work a little more. Decided to drill holes for my new res I'll be using. Installed the mobo and hdd cages to make sure no other issues...

That will be all for today...

Fixed up everything for a test run. Everything seemed well till the bitspower flow meter started to leak. Removed that and ran again. Everything seems well so far...

Any suggestions regarding the loop configuration? I've fixed the heatsink I bought to the pump but it sits too high and the tubing kinks from res to pump top...