View Poll Results: Flip TJ07 Upside down?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Novel idea noob!

7 77.78%
  • Clever idea man!

2 22.22%

Thread: TJ07 Idea - Novel or Clever ?

Xtreme Member

TJ07 Idea - Novel or Clever ?

So, if you haven't heard there are rumors about Silverstone discontinuing their TJ07 and replacing it this June at some computer convention. Some people think Mick64's design is/should be involved (I agree btw), but that isn't the point. They should NEVER discontinue such a enduring, well-performing design in my opinion, but I digress.

This got me thinking about the chief differences in Mick64's design and other mods that Silverstone hopefully is integrating into a new case should these rumors be true.

So this post is two parts: first is related to Mick64's additional top compartment for a radiator(s) and other stuff. Why can't you just set the TJ07 on it's top panel, move the feet, and have the ATX orientation turn into a BTX style. Like this expertly photoshopped image by yours truly: http://lh4.ggpht.com/_FHHx2dWqYJk/Se...41fa440761.jpg Aside from the problematic 92mm air exhaust (which isn't a big deal for water cooling right), it seems to help some things like placing the radiator the highest for draining, then having the loop go to the reservoir and pump, respectively. The pump could be below the reservoir like it should and then provide a direct shot to the components and then the radiator for dissipation. Thoughts?

Secondly, what mods, small and large, should Silverstone include. Picture (with or without their thread links) are greatly appreciated to get this all in one thread.

I'll start off with the obvious cable management mods (most have been implemented by Mick64 and/or murdermod). Midplate: small rectangle cut out behind motherboard tray rails; full midplate with small cutout at back center. Mobotray: rectangular cutout behind CPU for block change; two holes approximately cut out at center right and cut out at top left of motherboard edge. Top plate: triple fans and grill (triple rad enabled). Bottom plate: shortened external 5.25 bays for controller/memory/audio bays (won't fit ODD for example)
    Last edited by liguhy; 04-21-2009 at 07:18 AM. Reason: can't tell right from left, durrrh