Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: [Project] :::Flow::: (SNiiPE's V2110) - Resurrected

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Coming along nicely, SNiiPE. I see that PSU going nicely in some of the red and black Classified builds going up these days.

Just got the 5DMII for my birthday ... very nice camera!
    thanks Shazza your gonna love the 5d mkII!

and the psu isnt gonna be black and red when I get through with it

Xtreme Member
    arent there red connectors on the back of those XFX's though?
    what about those?
    correct me if I'm wrong...

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazinTiger View Post
    arent there red connectors on the back of those XFX's though?
    what about those?
    two small red connectors on the back, not exactly a main visual feature not to mention I have lots of black DVI connector covers I could use on them if I really cared about it a ton, maybe put them on for the photo shoot but thats it

Xtreme Member
    Just a question on your equipment. On what du you put all your stuff for photography? It looks a bit like plastic or something... Thanks
    i7 920 @ 4GHz | GTX285 SLI | Xonar D2X | ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution | Corsair 12Gb | Lian Li PC-P80 | be quiet! 1200W
    2x MCP350 | 2x PA120.3 | EK Supreme plexi | 2x EK FC-285GTX | Koolance full-board P6T6 block + 2 MVR-40 blocks | 2x EK Multioption Res 150 | Koolance 10/13 | TFC 10/13
    Z-5500 | diNovo Edge & G19 & MX Revolution | Sennheiser HD215 | G25 | Acer 24" + Sony 19" | Nikon D300s
    ||| Phantom |||

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by D0BR0 View Post
    Just a question on your equipment. On what du you put all your stuff for photography? It looks a bit like plastic or something... Thanks
    currently I am using a white sheet of formica its a laminate (I think) that is rather thick and flexible, kind of similar to a plastic.

Xtreme Member
    its all in the details, but either way, I'm lovin it
    correct me if I'm wrong...

Xtreme Mentor
    nice build, gonna need a second vertex for raid-0 though..
    PC Lab Qmicra V2 Case SFFi7 950 4.4GHz 200 x 22 1.36 volts
    Cooled by Swiftech GTZ - CPX-Pro - MCR420+MCR320+MCR220 | Completely Silent loads at 62c
    GTX 470 EVGA SuperClocked Plain stock
    12 Gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600MHz) 8-8-8-24
    ASUS Rampage Gene II |Four OCZ Vertex 2 in RAID-0(60Gig x 4) | WD 2000Gig Storage

Theater ::: Panasonic G20 50" Plasma | Onkyo SC5508 Processor | Emotiva XPA-5 and XPA-2 | CSi A6 Center| 2 x Polk RTi A9 Front Towers| 2 x Klipsch RW-12d
    Lian-LI HTPC | Panasonic Blu Ray 655k| APC AV J10BLK Conditioner |

Engineering The Xtreme
    A few asked for set photos to see where the magic happens - here you are:

(24-70 lens on the 5d mkII atm )

I have decided that later on I will be expanding the set to be able to handle the case shots

Xtreme Addict
    Pretty crazy!

/me just waits for more pictas!

damn Ian, you're crazy keep on rollin

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ian Thank You for Posting that up , big help to me

Xtreme Enthusiast
    crazy looking booth setup man! i love the way the camera is supported, thats pretty trick.

Xtreme Addict
    Hey nice camera setup sniipe! That sure is impressive, explains the gorgeous pics.

Can't wait to see the waterblocks go on...

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by twwen2 View Post
    Hey nice camera setup sniipe! That sure is impressive, explains the gorgeous pics.

Can't wait to see the waterblocks go on...
    Thanks tween and others who have commented!

you and me both cant wait for the waterblocks... these stock coolers @ 100% on the test bench @ 1ghz core speed is killing my ears . fortunately its killing vantage aswell

Xtreme Member
    wow nice setup any recomendations for somebody who cant have a permanent picture place and is in high school ?
    for i think a canon rebel camera my mom has

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I had to come out of my hole to say what an awesome studio setup Ian!

I'm going to have to dial my foam core reflectors to 11!

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by pingpong1455 View Post
    wow nice setup any recomendations for somebody who cant have a permanent picture place and is in high school ?
    for i think a canon rebel camera my mom has
    well, there is always the DIY lightbox setup made from foamcore, some pvc-pipe, and such - I know one of the guys around here uses one, maybe it's Kirk (BlueAqua)

Quote Originally Posted by charles_h View Post
    I had to come out of my hole to say what an awesome studio setup Ian!

I'm going to have to dial my foam core reflectors to 11!
    Thanks a bunch Charles I use a lot of foam core / silver reflectors in this particular setup because it is just the one overhead light bank. In the larger set I make up soon I will add in two satellite left and right banks because the reflectors just wont cut it in this particular setup with the larger items.

but your photos have really great aspects and feel to them, some times less lighting is more if you know what I mean.

Thanks for sharing your lighting setup, SNiiPE. I like the formica background - probably much easier to work with than my ol' Office Depot poster board! I'm looking forward to learning to work with Strobes.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SNiiPE_DoGG View Post
    Thanks a bunch Charles I use a lot of foam core / silver reflectors in this particular setup because it is just the one overhead light bank. In the larger set I make up soon I will add in two satellite left and right banks because the reflectors just wont cut it in this particular setup with the larger items.

but your photos have really great aspects and feel to them, some times less lighting is more if you know what I mean.
    Cheers Ian.

Since I don't have a studio flash setup, I try to stick with the "keep it simple" philosophy. Reflecting natural light and shooting when the sun is low on the horizon is always favorable to incandescent lighting, IMHO. That being said, I miss the "pop" of studio strobes. In a past life, I had a decent Speedotron setup. Nothing beats the crispness of 1k+ watts of strobes.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SNiiPE_DoGG View Post
    Well the time has come guys for me to announce my newest SPONSOR for Project Flow!!

Here is a list of parts Eddy will be supplying to me:

Thank you very much EK for your assistance in making this project come to life!
    jesus christ man, does anyone else get that feeling when reading that out loud? nice project snipe, very alternative.
    Asus Rampage II Extreme | i7 920 @ 4ghz (1.4v 200 BCLK) | 6 Gig OCZ Reaper 1866mhz | MSI GTX 480 Tri-SLi | Intel X25-M | 5 WD 1TB in RAID0 | Thermaltake 1500watt ToughPower | Samsung SM305T |

EK Supreme | EK Mosfet Blocks | Koolance MB-ASR2E NB/SB Block | DRAM Block for MB-ASR2E | MCP355 | MCP355 | TFC XCHANGER Triple & Quad Radiators | Lian Li P80

A man who appreciates 2560x1600

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charles_h View Post
    Cheers Ian.

Since I don't have a studio flash setup, I try to stick with the "keep it simple" philosophy. Reflecting natural light and shooting when the sun is low on the horizon is always favorable to incandescent lighting, IMHO. That being said, I miss the "pop" of studio strobes. In a past life, I had a decent Speedotron setup. Nothing beats the crispness of 1k+ watts of strobes.
    The studio is a good thing, but then Daniels MurderMod was in your MurderLair and the background for photos was Vancouver citie it was amazing, beating any possible studio with softboxes etc.

Xtreme Member
    Which camera is that on the tripod? Ofcourse i will understand if you don't want to share because of the blur you added on the pic.

Anyhow very nice build, looking forward to updates
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I fear naught, I hope naught. I am Free"
    Nikos Kazantzakis

Quote Originally Posted by stangracin2 View Post
    parents only blame stuff on video games because they don't know how to play them

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by masxerofkartis View Post
    Which camera is that on the tripod? Ofcourse i will understand if you don't want to share because of the blur you added on the pic.

Anyhow very nice build, looking forward to updates
    Canon 5D Mark II + EF 17-40mm f/4L. Ian posted it at the beginning of the pictures he posted
    [ 3770K @ 4.2 : H100i : ASRock Z77E-ITX : GTX560 Ti : 16GB DDR3 1800 : +4TB : Bitfenix Prodigy : 2x Dell S2340M : Filco Majestouch-2 [Cherry Brown] : BX8a Deluxe]

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by masxerofkartis View Post
    I don't think he blurs it, he's just got some sort of a black sticker, or a black duct tape to hide the Canon logo, ya know some ppl hating, and other stealing, so sometimes when u got high-end stuff, or anything that looks expensive it's sometimes worth to hide it. Sorry for the OT.
    Or maybe I'm wrong ;p

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by ell View Post
    jesus christ man, does anyone else get that feeling when reading that out loud? nice project snipe, very alternative.
    I don't quite get what your saying but thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Metric View Post
    Canon 5D Mark II + EF 17-40mm f/4L. Ian posted it at the beginning of the pictures he posted
    Actually its the 24-70, but yes I did post it before

Quote Originally Posted by R0bert View Post
    I don't think he blurs it, he's just got some sort of a black sticker, or a black duct tape to hide the Canon logo, ya know some ppl hating, and other stealing, so sometimes when u got high-end stuff, or anything that looks expensive it's sometimes worth to hide it. Sorry for the OT.
    Or maybe I'm wrong ;p
    You've got a sharp eye rob all the logos and markers on the camera are taped over. My dad and I recently went to Paris and you cant let people see the make and model of the camera in a big city like that. The tape on the camera strap has a steel cable under it that prevents the strap from being cut off of your shoulder as well.

and no problem with the OT I like my thread to have a friendly atmosphere so everything goes

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast