Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: [Project] :::Flow::: (SNiiPE's V2110) - Resurrected

Xtreme Enthusiast
    well you have it planned out really well. Photography is half of what is needed to make a really nice presentation of a Xtreme PC,
    Main Rig
    • Intel Core i7 4790K CPU Stock @ 4.4Ghz
    • Asus Maximus VI Extreme Motherboard
    • 32GB GSKILL Trident X 2400MHZ RAM
    • EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked 4GB GDDR5
    • Corsair TX850W v2 TX Power Supply 70A 12V Rail
    • Swiftech Apex Ultima w/ Apogee Drive II & Dual 120 RAD w/integrated res
    • 2X Seagate 333AS 1TB 7,200 32MB HD's in RAID 0
    • 2X Samsung 830's 128GB in RAID 0
    • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
    • Coolermaster HAF-XB
    • Dual Asus ProArt PA248Q 24" IPS LED Monitors
    • Samsung 46" 5600 Series Smart HDTV
    • iPhone 6 Plus 64GB AT&T & Xbox One

UNOFFICIAL Rampage II Extreme Thread

I am Xtreme
    SNiiPE, have a good trip....and for crying out loud, behave yourself over there. We want you to come back to us.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Loved your previous biuld Sniipe.. Will def. be looking at this one
    Nikon User
    Nikon D200 (Gone =( )/D300
    Nikkor 18-105mm(Gone) // Nikkor 50mm 1.8 // Nikkor 55-200VR(Gone)
    Tokina 12-24 // Tamron 90mm //
    Manfrotto & Benro Legs // Benro Ballhead.

Current Lust = 80-200 Or 70-200VR1 <--Pending

No more computer parts for me... Well for now until I
    really REALLY need to upgrade.

Xtreme Member
    Hi SNiiPE_DoGG

Juste one question. Of course it is maybe a stupid one, but anyway...

I was always impressed by people that get sponsoring, like you, from Lian Li or EK. But, how do you do this? Do you work for them?
    Thanks for your reply Ian, I'm actually working on a P80 Armorsuit, and was astonished by the work you did on your Permafrost (which i cannot find on MDPC anymore)

cheers
    i7 920 @ 4GHz | GTX285 SLI | Xonar D2X | ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution | Corsair 12Gb | Lian Li PC-P80 | be quiet! 1200W
    2x MCP350 | 2x PA120.3 | EK Supreme plexi | 2x EK FC-285GTX | Koolance full-board P6T6 block + 2 MVR-40 blocks | 2x EK Multioption Res 150 | Koolance 10/13 | TFC 10/13
    Z-5500 | diNovo Edge & G19 & MX Revolution | Sennheiser HD215 | G25 | Acer 24" + Sony 19" | Nikon D300s
    ||| Phantom |||

Xtreme Mentor
    I imagine he cut his teeth doing builds without sponsors, and then sponsors started climbing on board once he built his portfolio up.

He might have lost a few with that pink fan, though... JK!

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.

Quote Originally Posted by D0BR0 View Post
    Hi SNiiPE_DoGG

Thanks for your reply Ian, I'm actually working on a P80 Armorsuit, and was astonished by the work you did on your Permafrost (which i cannot find on MDPC anymore)

cheers
    ya i cant find it there anymore either? how come its gone? i really liked that build...
    Lapped e6600 @3.6gig - | - Core i7 940 @ 4.0gig
    Asus P5K Deluxe - | - EVGA Classified
    Antec 900 - | - CoolerMaster Cosmos Black Edition
    2x 1 gig Gskill DDR2 1000Mhz - | - 3x 2 gig Corsair Dominator at 1600Mhz
    3x Seagate 240 Gig HDD - | - 2x 60gig OCZ Vertex SSD
    XFX 8800GTX - | - Palit 2Gb 285GTX
    Antec Quattro 1000W - | - Corsair HX1000 PSU (MurderMod Sleeved)
    Razer AC-1 Barracuda (don't buy this its crap)
    TRUE and a lot of fans! - | - Xigmatek Thors Hammer

I think Ian had a fall out with Nils, it's stilll on there, just not linked from the front page.

Xtreme Member
    Yeah but I came to XS hoping he'd still have the link in his signature, but that's not the case...
    i7 920 @ 4GHz | GTX285 SLI | Xonar D2X | ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution | Corsair 12Gb | Lian Li PC-P80 | be quiet! 1200W
    2x MCP350 | 2x PA120.3 | EK Supreme plexi | 2x EK FC-285GTX | Koolance full-board P6T6 block + 2 MVR-40 blocks | 2x EK Multioption Res 150 | Koolance 10/13 | TFC 10/13
    Z-5500 | diNovo Edge & G19 & MX Revolution | Sennheiser HD215 | G25 | Acer 24" + Sony 19" | Nikon D300s
    ||| Phantom |||

Engineering The Xtreme
    Hi SNiiPE_DoGG

Juste one question. Of course it is maybe a stupid one, but anyway...

I was always impressed by people that get sponsoring, like you, from Lian Li or EK. But, how do you do this? Do you work for them?

cheers
    Well I have been building for about 3 years with visual modifications and making "nice looking" builds. After Permafrost I got in contact with lian-li via their forum and went through a vetting process where I compiled a portfolio and worked with a contact there to receive sponsorship. Once I got the case I began designing, starting worklogs on many sites, and sending more emails with my portfolio and seeking sponsorship. Its all about salesmanship and convincing the company you are proposing a sponsorship deal with that you are worth them sending you a part or parts.

Quote Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post
    I imagine he cut his teeth doing builds without sponsors, and then sponsors started climbing on board once he built his portfolio up.

He might have lost a few with that pink fan, though... JK!
    you know you liked the pink fan geeze that thing is gonna haunt me forever isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by MulletBoy View Post
    ya i cant find it there anymore either? how come its gone? i really liked that build...
    All is well now Nils and I have resolved our differences

anywho, you can see the pictures and the entire build and photos here on XS:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=202460
    Last edited by SNiiPE_DoGG; 05-18-2009 at 11:20 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Okay thanks a lot SNiiPY
    I'll post my worklog (already started like 3 months ago on different sites). Thanks for your help, I'll try to do my best, I think you're a good example for us all, because personnaly, I can see in your works that you care about each detail. As we know, details make difference, and that's particularly what I like in your mods!
    ||| Phantom |||

MDPC
    Quote Originally Posted by SNiiPE_DoGG View Post
    aye, I made a comment about murdermod being a retail part that you buy from a store - thus being an "off the shelf" part - and Nils flipped out at me about it. His actions say to me that MDPC is first a site for the promotion and sales of mudermod parts and second a gallery for beautiful computers. I wish it could be different but it is not.
    Just to save it because you insult me and lots of others again with your false accusations I don't continue - you do. mistake

Xtreme Enthusiast
    enough with politics...

Great looking build so far sNiiPE with lots of cool sponsors. Looking forward to the next photographic update!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Personally, i didn't think your last build was anything special. Seen loads of normal builds, powder coated, water cooled, sleeving, and waterjet panel. You only need to go take a look at some of the german forums, to show how much must people builds aren't really that great.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Excellent photos Ian *jealous of your 5D MkII *. I hope your trip over in France goes well, good luck with the rest of your build.
    bentleya: That wasn't really necessary to post ...
    [ 3770K @ 4.2 : H100i : ASRock Z77E-ITX : GTX560 Ti : 16GB DDR3 1800 : +4TB : Bitfenix Prodigy : 2x Dell S2340M : Filco Majestouch-2 [Cherry Brown] : BX8a Deluxe]

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by bentleya View Post
    Personally, i didn't think your last build was anything special. Seen loads of normal builds, powder coated, water cooled, sleeving, and waterjet panel. You only need to go take a look at some of the german forums, to show how much must people builds aren't really that great.
    Hindsight is always 20/20 ain't it? It's one thing to say "oh I can do that" it's another to actually do it .

Engineering The Xtreme
    Okay thanks a lot SNiiPY
    I'll post my worklog (already started like 3 months ago on different sites). Thanks for your help, I'll try to do my best, I think you're a good example for us all, because personnaly, I can see in your works that you care about each detail. As we know, details make difference, and that's particularly what I like in your mods!
    that is a wonderful compliment mate, thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by sniperbob View Post
    enough with politics...

Great looking build so far sNiiPE with lots of cool sponsors. Looking forward to the next photographic update!
    you know I cant wait either I have had so many ideas and inspirations being here in Paris and see so much beautiful art work and sculpture

and thanks for the kind words on my public messages

Quote Originally Posted by Metric View Post
    Excellent photos Ian *jealous of your 5D MkII *. I hope your trip over in France goes well, good luck with the rest of your build.
    bentleya: That wasn't really necessary to post ...
    thanks metric - if its any consolation, I am jealous of your maxwell render work

Quote Originally Posted by dualbrain View Post
    Just to save it because you insult me and lots of others again with your false accusations I don't continue - you do. mistake
    Nils if you would review my posts, I have never criticized murdermod without first praising it. I do think it is beautiful and I think Charles' work is genius. If it is an "insult" to criticize some parts of things and praise the rest, then sue me, because nothing is ever perfect in life and criticisms can only improve us.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hindsight is always 20/20 ain't it? It's one thing to say "oh I can do that" it's another to actually do it .
    I have, i just don't go showing everything of and making a big song and dance about it.

its a open forum is it not?

im entitled to a opinion am i not?
    Last edited by bentleya; 05-17-2009 at 12:26 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    This is one of a few builds I'm watching as im working away on mine...wishing I had access to lots of the cool stuff most of y'all do, here I am, cutting a top plate for my Xigmatek using a dremel, files, and a drill, it's turning out ok, but if i had the talent/tools you do, it would have been done hours ago, lol
    either way, kudos on the sponsors/great work man
    Current System:
    eVGA 680i SLi "A2" P30 BIOS
    intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (currently at stock)
    OCZ ReaperX 4GB DDR2 1000 (running at DDR2 800 Speeds with cas4)
    320GB Seagate 7200.10
    XFX 8800GT XXX 512MB (stock clocks)
    auzentech X-Fi Prelude
    PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750 Quad Copper
    Win XP Pro

Xtreme Member
    I have, i just don't go showing everything of and making a big song and dance about it.
    I don't see a song and dance

EDIT: all this argument is petty and annoying, so my opinion is that you enjoy it or shut up and go read something that you DO enjoy
    correct me if I'm wrong...

Engineering The Xtreme

its a open forum is it not?

im entitled to a opinion am i not?
    I didn't say you couldn't have your opinion mate In fact I was quite nice considering that you insulted me pretty overtly there.

I love to see peoples great ideas and beautiful builds so why don't you post your work up?

Edit: thanks Dragoon I like to work by hand too when I can but I like the CNC. You will see some things later on in this build that just cant be CNCed particularly the "thing" in the 5.25" bays - cant say what it is now but I know I will be writing CyberDruid a PM for some tips of the trade about constructing it.
    Last edited by SNiiPE_DoGG; 05-17-2009 at 12:38 PM.

Xtreme Member
    psst SNiiPE, I don't think you challenging other people is really helping your anti-insult gathering any O.o
    just a suggestion?
    correct me if I'm wrong...

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazinTiger View Post
    psst SNiiPE, I don't think you challenging other people is really helping your anti-insult gathering any O.o
    just a suggestion?
    your probably right, if anyone would want to continue any discussions had here feel free to PM me

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I didn't say you couldn't have your opinion mate In fact I was quite nice considering that you insulted me pretty overtly there.

I love to see peoples great ideas and beautiful builds so why don't you post your work up?

Edit: thanks Dragoon I like to work by hand too when I can but I like the CNC. You will see some things later on in this build that just cant be CNCed particularly the "thing" in the 5.25" bays - cant say what it is now but I know I will be writing CyberDruid a PM for some tips of the trade about constructing it.
    See from where i stand, this build here is more planned out an more unique, and this is what i like, i'm not into basic mods that most people do, but on saying that i really like a nice clean euro style if done right.

From you drawings, you have get my attention, as i can proberoly guess threes going to be custom acrylic and lighting.

But as soon as body filler is brought on to a mod, i'm all eyes .

I like your idea not using the accelerator plate in the supreme.

I currently have my supreme apart and was thinking about trying it without the plate.

Is it possible that you have any temp comparisons yet? either of your own or from somewhere else?

That being said, I can't wait to see how it will turn out and it is looking great so far.

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Hens View Post
    I like your idea not using the accelerator plate in the supreme.

I currently have my supreme apart and was thinking about trying it without the plate.

Is it possible that you have any temp comparisons yet? either of your own or from somewhere else?

That being said, I can't wait to see how it will turn out and it is looking great so far.
    I assume from looking at the design differences the supreme without the plate will perform the same or minimally worse than the supreme LT. The LT has no plate but its inlet is on one side of the micro channels and outlet on the other - while the supreme has a center inlet with an outlet on one side. I have no Idea if this will affect performance at all - but I can say that it could affect it.

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast