Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 192627282930313239 ... LastLast

Thread: [Project] :::Flow::: (SNiiPE's V2110) - Resurrected

Xtreme Enthusiast
    sorry to hear of your misfortune SD... It's unfortunate that stuff like that happens but sometimes its beyond your control.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SNiiPE_DoGG View Post
    my $300 PSU is now a $300 paper weight thanks to my attempts to shorten the 24-pin and make it modular..... I didnt make any mistakes in the wiring or any of that, but OCP wont stop kicking in so something broke.....

no new pictures or final pictures till I get a new PSU and right now I don't have the money for one
    thats horrible.... sorry bro
    Corsair 700D
    Intel i7 920 @ 4.20|Asus P6T6 Revolution|G.Skill 6gb DDR3 1600|Zotac GTX480|Intel x-25-M 80GB x 2 / Raid0
    H2O
    |Perfecting the Obsidian series case. Build log to follow soon...|

Engineering The Xtreme
    ...I checked the wiring diagram and I didnt make any mistakes - I now have the PSU guts open with all the wires separated, not a single one touching and all it will do is give me the OCP click... the warranty is gone so I guess I will just get an ST1000 or something - but then I would have to redo my GPU wiring.... -_-

Xtreme Addict
    Ah damn, sorry to hear it sniipe!

How are you testing it? Did you make sure your crimps were solid? Also make sure the crimp connectors are fully in their socket. Sounds easy enough, but one stray can cause the protection circuits to trip. This happened to me before on a Cosmos S 24 pin adapter when a wire wasn't fully seated. Good luck and hope you resolve the issue.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ouch... That's terrible man.

(if there's a bright side to this at least now you have an excuse to switch to a Decathalon 1kw unit)

Xtreme Member
    SNiiPE_DoGG Now just need to find a sponsor for a new power supply Who's willing? Pictures will be faster
    i7 2600K @ 4.5GHz 1.28v 24/7 with offset mode + Venomous X black - ASUS Maximus IV Extreme R3.0 - EVGA GTX 570 SC - Corsair Dominator GT 2x2GB 2000MHz CL8 @ 2133 Cl9 + AIrFlow PRO- Corsair AX850W - Silverstone Fortress 2 - LC back soon My Gaming account on >> YouTube

I am Xtreme
    SNiiPE, Sorry about the PSU man. . .YGPM.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Enthusiast

Thumbs up Finally, I am aloud to post.

I have read you worklog from start to finish, and I must say I love the 24 holes in the mother board for the cabling. Very neat and tidy.

Congratulations SNiiPE on "Project Flow".
    Bottom line,
    You should be proud of your self, Well done.

Xtreme Member
    my $300 PSU is now a $300 paper weight thanks to my attempts to shorten the 24-pin and make it modular..... I didnt make any mistakes in the wiring or any of that, but OCP wont stop kicking in so something broke.....

no new pictures or final pictures till I get a new PSU and right now I don't have the money for one

Wow that sucks man. I'm definitely not brave enough to be messing around with my PSU like that. I'm going to make mine 'modular' by adding an extender. Zero risk with that

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Snipe I'm sorry to hear about the PSU issue dude. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

I just had some issues setting up Raid on our MSI mobo... Some instructions to help a noob like me out would have been great, silly manual :P Working now though.

Good luck getting yours back up and running!

Xtreme Member
    ...I checked the wiring diagram and I didnt make any mistakes - I now have the PSU guts open with all the wires separated, not a single one touching and all it will do is give me the OCP click... the warranty is gone so I guess I will just get an ST1000 or something - but then I would have to redo my GPU wiring.... -_-
    It takes sacrifice to be the one pushing something further and further, this time, it was your turn.
    Thank you for sharing the experience and letting us know what not to do.

Try looking at it from a different perspective, you should be thankful you're into modifying PC's and not climbing mountains, or you might not be here today.
    There is only a single, narrow path to the "mountain of perfection" and you're close to the top.

Well not to get too dreamy, you're soon back up on the saddle mate, don't worry!
    Last edited by Laine; 08-07-2009 at 09:28 AM.
    Fractal Design Array mITX
    LC Worklog: Project Purple Haze
    LianLi V1000
    LC Worklog: Project Crystal Clear
    LianLi A05
    LC Worklog: Project Simplicity

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Laine, get off XS and go and finish your V1000 project, I need some ideas dammit! Like how to remove all the necessary rivets from the case and replace them with screws!

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamaxx View Post
    Laine, get off XS and go and finish your V1000 project, I need some ideas dammit! Like how to remove all the necessary rivets from the case and replace them with screws!
    drill out rivets with 1/8" drill bit - then tap 1/8" holes with M4 threads

In other news I got an HX 850 at micro center and I am opening it now - 80+ gold cert FTW
    Last edited by SNiiPE_DoGG; 08-07-2009 at 10:05 AM.

Glad you are back on track. It should be a bit easier to work with that PSU. Have fun!!!

Xtreme Addict
    great news sniipe, glad you are getting going again

Xtreme Guru
    That sucks with the PSU, at least you landed a new one
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Woo thanks for that Snipe, I even have an M4 tap woo! What is 1/8" in mm though, I wonder if I also have the correct size drill... I'm assuming 3.2mm if it is for M4 tap?

Engineering The Xtreme
    aye 3.2mm, beware of the rivets on the side panel plane of the case though, you will need to buy special couterbore bolts

Xtreme Enthusiast
    so are you full-sleeving the HX SD?

Engineering The Xtreme
    nope, just single sleeving the 8-pin cpu like I did with the last one.

I just finished the 24-pin, and the unit still works I cut the wires to 6 inches instead of 1 inch and that made things much easier. I sleeved the wires with 1/2" nylon multifilament in 12 wire bunndles and I really like how it turned out - pics when I finish the 8-pin

I gotta say, of all the PSU's I have opened up this hx850 is just astonishingly clean and well put together! its like looking at the inside of and MDPC compared to the inside of a Dell makes the revo 85+ look like it was put together by a 10 year old

Xtreme Member
    I gotta say, of all the PSU's I have opened up this hx850 is just astonishingly clean and well put together! its like looking at the inside of and MDPC compared to the inside of a Dell makes the revo 85+ look like it was put together by a 10 year old
    Corsair 700D
    Intel i7 920 @ 4.20|Asus P6T6 Revolution|G.Skill 6gb DDR3 1600|Zotac GTX480|Intel x-25-M 80GB x 2 / Raid0
    H2O
    |Perfecting the Obsidian series case. Build log to follow soon...|

Xtreme Enthusiast
    looking forward to seeing how your SECOND psu turned out as far as sleeving goes. So do you own stock in a sleeving company or do you buy in bulk?

Sorry for such a late post as far as the back of Flow goes, my account just got verified after like a 3 week wait...

I absolutely love your work. That is one beautiful pc and I am left speechless by it.

1. As far as the backside goes, with the space available to you, your wire management is very impressive.

2. You were also hard pressed for time to get it done before the LAN

3. Regardless of what you ever do, somebody's always not going to like it. lol

I wish I had the skill and commitment to be able to pull off the art that you create with pcs.

Thanks for your commitment and willingness to share your incredible talent.

Xtreme Addict
    glad things are coming out good with the new PSU sniipe. I am also planning on replacing my PCP&C 860W for something equivalent from Corsair. I want to because the Corsairs have that cable management thing where you can disconnect the cables you are not using. Thats a plus as right now my biggest issue with the backside of my case was hiding the excess wire bundle.

If you can post a pic of the inside of the PSU that'll be great sniipe

Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 192627282930313239 ... LastLast