Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: [Project] :::Flow::: (SNiiPE's V2110) - Resurrected

Engineering The Xtreme
    Hardware update here:

I won a AMD Phenom II 955 BE over at TechREACTION.net in a contest to promote the forum so I ordered the super sexy MSI 790fx-GD70 AM3 board to match it with

its gonna fit so perfectly with the color scheme its not even funny

Xtreme Cruncher
    Oh baby That DOES fit the color scheme I thought you were going to use the i7, but AMD is a good choice also
    Team XS: xs4s.org

Engineering The Xtreme
    I wanted to go i7 but all things considered I didn't want to do multiple loops in this build and I most certainly did not want to have to deal with LCing mosfets and the chipset again.

I also was well into the running for winning the CPU so I kinda planned around it

Xtreme Member
    no waterjet cuts yet? btw all college schedules are about the same amiright?
    correct me if I'm wrong...

Xtreme Cruncher
    Well, AMD is making excellent CPUs currently. I think I might as well go into phenomII for my next build

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazinTiger View Post
    no waterjet cuts yet? btw all college schedules are about the same amiright?
    yeah, I am currently talking to pierce ALU close to boston about getting the cuts done there, I should be getting a quote from them tomorrow... thing is these cuts are much more complex than permafrost's side panel so I hesitate to think that I could actually successfully execute them on the school waterjet even if it was working.... I think a professional solution is better to say the least.

Xtreme Addict
    Great looking board. I should give AMD a try and play around with it for a while, but I've been loving the i7 platform so much. I don't think water cooling the chipset and mosfets is necessary but I see where you're coming from.

Be careful when shopping for a water jet cutter. I went to a few different places and knew I couldn't trust at least 2 of them. Most shops do large volume and their quality is rough to say the least. The tricky part is, you have to find somebody who cares.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    SNiiPE, once again, i envy your build. I am crossing my fingers that a PII will show up on my doorstep some day!

Engineering The Xtreme
    Tomorrow I will be taking Pictures of:

-EK Waterblocks Shipment (arrived at my house today, shipped out from slovenia on monday )
    -MSI 790FX-GD70
    -AMD Phenom II 955 BE from TechReaction.net

Engineering The Xtreme
    As promised A picture update.

more coming as I rebuild the photo set to work better on a day to day basis - the banks I were using were too small to shoot anthing glossy properly

First the motherboard and CPU:

EK Waterblocks:

FC 4890

EK DDC pump top v2 installed - Immaculate machining quality on this part, I was very impressed.

EK Supreme

Disassembled

Back together with the AM3 mount plate I left the accelerator plate out of the block to reduce restriction

cheers,

-Ian

Xtreme Member
    Very nice pictures Ian
    I cant wait for the assembling stage

Engineering The Xtreme
    Well I have some more good news - After I get back from my trip to france (may12-20) I will beginning work at my girlfriend's father's company as a CAD designer and a semi IT guy. I talked to him today and he told me that I have access to a 12hp CNC router at the factory and I can use it whenever I like free of charge. I will be cutting all my panels on this router So now the 600 dollars I had set aside for waterjet cutting is free up for other uses

Xtreme Member
    Good deal!!!!

I need to buddy up with someone that has a CNC.

Xtreme Member
    Thats great news!

Have a fantastic holiday!

Looking interesting, SNiiPE.

Am debating using the EK Supreme on my AMD build - didn't think about taking the accelerator plate out - thanks for that idea.

Engineering The Xtreme
    Thanks guys and gals, and yeah shazza I think it should perform more like the LT with a better flow rate which is what I'm gonna need with the 2 GPU blocks in the loop.

I'll be doing lots of work on actually modding when I get back from Paris - and pictures from the trip will go up in this thread as well!

cheers,

-Ian

Engineering The Xtreme
    Had some fun on the new photo set last night - set up a proper strobe system and a bigger light bank. Gave you guys some large Jpegs as well becuase these came out too nice to be size 1280x1024

Also - Meet my new "photo feature" more of a build helper really he will be featured in all of the build photos from here on out

Xtreme Addict
    Damn nice photos Ian. I love how big they are and how they fill up my screen. I never noticed that there was a metal plate on top of the delrin on this special edition.

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueAqua View Post
    Damn nice photos Ian. I love how big they are and how they fill up my screen. I never noticed that there was a metal plate on top of the delrin on this special edition.
    Thanks Kirk, you take some damn fine photographs yourself

and about that steel plate over the delrin - It kinda bugs me, I think I'm gonna get it nickel plated.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueAqua View Post
    Is that what she said?!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Very nice photos there Ian, can't wait to see how you go with everything installed (guess I am getting impatient with mine seeing as I'm no where near completion yet hehe).

Engineering The Xtreme
    Thanks Dreamaxx

so here's a photo I took while I decided to shoot a gray card for the photo set tonight - thought it was neat so I will share it . The hedgehog was looking a bit dusty in the last photos so I gave him a good cleaning for this shot. He really refracts a lot of light, I had to surround the set in with foam core in order to get him to be perfectly clear like that.

Edit: PS - So long all, for a week, Demain je vais allé sur l'avion au L'aeroport Charles de'gaulle! (may not be my best french but I am fluent once I've been there for a few days )
    Last edited by SNiiPE_DoGG; 05-11-2009 at 09:41 PM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Have a nice trip Ian.
    Rig #1
    Gigabyte P67A-UD4 trying to figure out this POS board
    2600k @ ?????
    2x2Gb GSkill RipJaws-X 1333 (7-7-7-21)
    ATI 5850
    Coba Nitrox 750W
    Watercooled with HK 3.0 CU, Watercool GPU-X³ 5870 Nickel, PA120.3, Laing Ultra with XSPC top

Rig #2
    DFI UT P35-T2R (0317 bios)
    E8200 @ 4000 (1.216V) / 4100 (1.248V) / 4200 (1.296V) / 4300 (1.344V)
    2x2Gb Chaintech Apogee GT PC2-8500
    Powercolor 4870
    Corsair 520HX
    Watercooled with HK 3.0 CU, EK-FC4870, Feser tripple, Laing Ultra pump

Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    I've got Supermicro boards that lasted longer than one of my marriages!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    what kinda dslr you got?
    Main Rig
    • Intel Core i7 4790K CPU Stock @ 4.4Ghz
    • Asus Maximus VI Extreme Motherboard
    • 32GB GSKILL Trident X 2400MHZ RAM
    • EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked 4GB GDDR5
    • Corsair TX850W v2 TX Power Supply 70A 12V Rail
    • Swiftech Apex Ultima w/ Apogee Drive II & Dual 120 RAD w/integrated res
    • 2X Seagate 333AS 1TB 7,200 32MB HD's in RAID 0
    • 2X Samsung 830's 128GB in RAID 0
    • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
    • Coolermaster HAF-XB
    • Dual Asus ProArt PA248Q 24" IPS LED Monitors
    • Samsung 46" 5600 Series Smart HDTV
    • iPhone 6 Plus 64GB AT&T & Xbox One

UNOFFICIAL Rampage II Extreme Thread

Engineering The Xtreme
    The 2 recent posts we shot with a Canon 5D mkII, the former with a 35mm lens @ available light + Elichrom banks overhead used for the set. The latter was shot with a 50mm lens and a single 4 foot dome Elinchrom bank on a 1000watt/sec pack set to flash on setting 150. Later on I will be shooting with a Panasonic Lumix DMC LX3 for overall case shots as I complete the modding parts. To have a photo set in the studio large enough to shoot the case with lighting would take up nearly all the free space I have so I will only be taking full strobe lit shots of the case once I have it completed (that may change )

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast