View Poll Results: Do you want Foxconn to stop producing Quantum Force mobos?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, do not stop!

78 86.67%
  • Yes, they are not good at all, so why making more of them?

12 13.33%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you want Foxconn to continue doing Quantum Force mobos?

Xtreme Addict

Do you want Foxconn to continue doing Quantum Force mobos?

As some of you may heard (or read), Foxconn is probably ending production of any retail (end-customer) motherboards (ofc include Quantum Force).

So question is, does any of you want Foxconn to stop making such awesome mobos like Bloodrage is?

Edit: I scre*ed that post so badly. Sorry, kinda new to poll creating, first time.
    Last edited by Mescalamba; 04-20-2009 at 09:23 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Would love to hear, why someone would like Foxconn to end this line.. or producting those great high-end mobos..

Xtreme Enthusiast
    There should be an "I don't care" option.
    Please note: I am not here to provide any kind of official NCIX support on these forums.

For faster (and official) service please contact me at Linus@ncix.com, or please contact our customer care team at wvvw.NCIX.com (Canada) or wvvw.NCIXUS.com (America)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647

No !! they made some good board imo

Xtreme Addict
    Thought that closing rumour was just a FUD article?
    i7 2600K | ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z | GTX Titan | Corsair DDR3-2133

Xtreme Addict
    whats the point in making motherboards and having no support
    Amd Nvidia/Ati -3dmark06 scorebord revisted

asus L1N64-ws or /b depending on bios chip
    4x1gig 8500 gkill bpk
    2x opteron 8224 @ 3.8ghz
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...&postcount=236
    vga= 8800gt
    winxp pro

custom chiller -31 water
    2x dtek fuzions
    bix3-with x3panaflo hi output
    antec 850 quattro

heat under msimax abitmax and dfimax

Xtreme Addict
    Not sure if its rumor on not.. but probably not.

No support? Dunno, everything I needed I found on this forum.. what more support you need?

I haven't seen much more support on any other mobo maker.. all just, makes mobos, release BIOS from time to time.. and thats all.

Plus we have one-man-support-team = Saaya

For those who "Doesn't care".. well I don't care for you either. For me is quite important to have a choice.. I don't want to end in state where it will be like 1) buy ASUS or nothing or 2) buy ASUS/GB/MSI or nothing.. (I don't like any of those..). I'm pretty happy that there are more options, like.. DFi, eVGA, Foxconn or Biostar (even if I dont like them much).

Xtreme X.I.P.
    oi! who voted foxconn boards are not good at all?
    jk

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I suppose whatever I say won't matter, but I actually like the Bloodrage (even though the name sucks). That Blood Cannon would've been even worse name-wise. I suppose Foxconn is all about the OEM business, much like ECS, who also seem to have a problem acknowledging a retail market. Can't say anything about the support though, or wait... I've sent one email, once, to Sascha, and he didn't reply. That's 0% replied, which is bad.

About the naming... It's partly hilarious, it makes me think (in a very sarcastic way) of Manowar. Think of "the Rage of Blood, Wind, Lotion, Leather and Steel" (which probably could be a future name of a Foxconn board) and say this image doesn't pop into your mind:

Now, I gotta hit the bed. It's 4AM here. :P

(Also, pardon my weird nightly humor)
    Last edited by Mean Machine; 04-20-2009 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Added reason for editing. (HAH! IN YOUR FACE!)
    I KNOW MASSMAN DISLIKES YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    yo yo... man, you gotta lose the beard... you look like a drunk :P
    Competition ranking: Better than the danes in everything I've ever entered.

Xtreme Addict
    Heh, its ok sense of humor..

I'm fine with that name.. its better than other names without "face".

Xtreme Mentor
    you drop another mobo line and support for other companies will drop even more. at this point i dont know if asus's support can go any worse, but i dont want to find out either. i still like foxconn, but they need to provide better support for their crown line mobos.
    PC Lab Qmicra V2 Case SFFi7 950 4.4GHz 200 x 22 1.36 volts
    Cooled by Swiftech GTZ - CPX-Pro - MCR420+MCR320+MCR220 | Completely Silent loads at 62c
    GTX 470 EVGA SuperClocked Plain stock
    12 Gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600MHz) 8-8-8-24
    ASUS Rampage Gene II |Four OCZ Vertex 2 in RAID-0(60Gig x 4) | WD 2000Gig Storage

Theater ::: Panasonic G20 50" Plasma | Onkyo SC5508 Processor | Emotiva XPA-5 and XPA-2 | CSi A6 Center| 2 x Polk RTi A9 Front Towers| 2 x Klipsch RW-12d
    Lian-LI HTPC | Panasonic Blu Ray 655k| APC AV J10BLK Conditioner |

Xtreme Mentor
    OOOOPPPS!! I accidently voted no, meant yes, I love my Blood Rage. I do have to say i wish the tech support was better and as far as Asus tech support goes i have never had an issue with them. But back on topic, I think Foxconn has hit a few home runs with their last few boards and their Blood Rage, along with the GTI and weird Flaming Blade, are sweet boards. The only thing that would make them better would be to drop legacy ports and RELEASE THE VFD PANEL ALREADY!!!!
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Machine View Post
    I suppose whatever I say won't matter, but I actually like the Bloodrage (even though the name sucks). That Blood Cannon would've been even worse name-wise. I suppose Foxconn is all about the OEM business, much like ECS, who also seem to have a problem acknowledging a retail market. Can't say anything about the support though, or wait... I've sent one email, once, to Sascha, and he didn't reply. That's 0% replied, which is bad.

About the naming... It's partly hilarious, it makes me think (in a very sarcastic way) of Manowar. Think of "the Rage of Blood, Wind, Lotion, Leather and Steel" (which probably could be a future name of a Foxconn board) and say this image doesn't pop into your mind:

Now, I gotta hit the bed. It's 4AM here. :P

(Also, pardon my weird nightly humor)
    i got the name bloodrage from SOF3/warcraft/wow/warhammer/fantasy games
    its actually called bloodlust in warcraft i think...
    i saw how people on xs and other places used 2 letter abreviations for boards which sounded cool... so i thought the next board should be a combo of two words as well, like BlackOps BO or Rampage Extreme RE... then i thought what a cool theme for the board would be, a powerful image or impression or scenery...

i was at GC back then and noticed how everything was very agressive in the new games, far cry2 with the flame thrower and other games with a lot of blood.. and everybody seemed to like it. so...

i remembered soldier of fortune 3 i had just played at that time... whcih i thought was pretty agressive... the game itself is horrable, just horrable... but it has a bloodrage/bloodlust mode where the main character goes into a rage with blurred vision, i think when the life points have been reduced greatly in the past seconds. so when your under attack you go into rage mode and see everything blurred, but you move faster, are stronger and can then run up to enemy lines and pretty much slaughter them.

this kind of rage mode, where you get tipped off by something and get really angry and furious and even though the enemy seems way overpowered, in greater number and unbeatable, you dont care, your in rage, you feel immortal and invulnerable. you run up towards them and actually manage to smash them, thats something i experienced when playing fps games every now and then, and it has been a great experience and a lot of fun...

its pretty much how i felt at that time, foxconn, the tiny new kid on the block, threattened by asus and gigabyte and msi and dfi, established and large companies and brands, that seem overpowered and impossible to beat sometimes. but i wanted to give it a shot, put all my energy in a crazy rage and storm toards them and mess then up. and i think we did not as much as i had hoped we would, but we did

that was the image/the theme i wanted to capture with the name, and the package was supposed to be similar, a guy sorounded by enemies exploding in a rage and firing left and right, blowing eveyrthing up while screaming with wide open eyes
    people here in asia thought its too agressive... so they went for the demon screaming face instead, which stills cared some people here shtless and gave some engineers nightmares, LOL, seriously!

the title of the board on the package still fits the original image "unleash the fury within" cause thats something i think many of us do when playing agressive games, we release the pressure and anger and fury we carry within, thats why so many people consider those agressive games somewhat recreational... you feel relaxed and balanced afterwards...
    and thats what foxconn wanted, they wanted to brand it towards gaming, since overclocking is very abstract, and most people, even overclockers, use and tweak the board to ultimately play games on it.

sorry to hear you dont like it
    but no, that song has nothing to do with the naming of the board...

i came up with that name and theme in less than a day when i was busy preparing and setting up the booth at GC 2008, so please dont rip on me for the name... most people told me the name really doesnt matter to them anyhow as long as the board is good, so i didnt wanna spend too much time and effort on naming. i think BR was a great name... but thats subjective im sure
    Last edited by saaya; 04-20-2009 at 07:17 PM.

Xtreme Member
    BloodRage motherboard is my third one from Foxconn lines of products & i have been please with Mars & X38A so i just hope they will remain in the game of making great motherboard for enduser

Xtreme X.I.P.
    really? you liked the x38_a?
    personally i didnt like it... but then again its not for overclocking... thats probably why i dont like it
    very nice how you combined the QF shield with the bloodrage and wing stuff in your sig... looks very nice!

Xtreme Member
    i have been able to hit 3.8ghz on Q6600 on air With the X38A

is there any chance of a new bios for the black ops that fixes the voltage settings to match the readings or fix the cpu fan error so it dosnt say "warning! cpu fan no roll" or the other random problems

and can we get a VTT reading in the bios or can some1 point me tot he measurement point

also the aegis panel puts the voltages .1V over the setting that needs fixed too
    Last edited by zanzabar; 04-20-2009 at 08:36 PM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProStock View Post
    i have been able to hit 3.8ghz on Q6600 on air With the X38A
    damn, nice!

Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    is there any chance of a new bios for the black ops that fixes the voltage settings to match the readings
    ill ask

or fix the cpu fan error so it dosnt say "warning! cpu fan no roll"
    did you try the smart led function in the OC gear menu?

or the other random problems
    like what?

and can we get a VTT reading in the bios or can some1 point me tot he measurement point
    watch the nb block, then you see the heatpipe going from the nb to the cpu pwm heatsink. underneath that heatpipe there is a rather big grey smd capacitor, its still small, just big for smd parts. its a brown rectangular block. meassure that against ground and you get vtt. just be careful not to short the multimeter needle against the heatpipe when reading vtt

but the best way would be to messure vtt inside the cpu socket... then again thats not tha easy on blackops i think, cause it cant be done on the back of the board...but im not sure, try it

also the aegis panel puts the voltages .1V over the setting that needs fixed too[/QUOTE]

Xtreme Member
    I think I wrote the following before on another thread, and then oblivion hit XS.
    --
    Given the color schemes on these boards (ahem), I keep expecting at least one of them to be named :

Blutfahne (aka Blood Flag)

as seen here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blutfahne

(all these names are still better than "YMCA"-blade)

XmX

Xtreme Member
    I love my Bloodrage, its the most beautiful board I've seen and the bios is one of my favorites. I've had no problems with mine... and if I did.. well I'd probably email Saaya. If he couldn't help me I'd track down a new Bloodrage .

One of my favorite shirts is a quantum force shirt I got while benching a few Mars boards at PDX with Nexgen.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by XmikeX View Post
    I think I wrote the following before on another thread, and then oblivion hit XS.
    --
    Given the color schemes on these boards (ahem), I keep expecting at least one of them to be named :

Blutfahne (aka Blood Flag)

as seen here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blutfahne

(all these names are still better than "YMCA"-blade)

XmX
    LOL, no, the nazi flag had nothing to do with the color scheme of black and red

Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post

did you try the smart led function in the OC gear menu?
    [/QUOTE]

i meant the word choice i took me a few seconds to get it

and for random problems, if u enable intel raid and jmicron ahci and u have no esata plugged in it wont recognize a usb keyboard until affter the 1st post screen so u have to unplug the keyboard to get an error or u cant get in the bios. i had others when i was messing with it but im not remembering them

and im not sure if its a problem or not but with my dfi i could boot with an xp disk extracted to a flash drive formatted in fat i could boot and install it with my old dfi but not with the black ops and im think that im on g32, but i just noticed that there is a p06 and g33
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    The longest, most thorough name explanation ever.
    Hey, I didn't mean to offend you, a name is a name, I don't really care one way or another other than when I actually sit down and think about it, then I realise that most names are pretty weird.

Good to read the background story, maybe I just don't do enough gaming (barely any) to understand it fully. Sad to hear QF go, of course, but I'll keep my Bloodrage around, it's a great board.

What are you going to do after this? Hop over to the OEM production and design Dell motherboards?
    I KNOW MASSMAN DISLIKES YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    yo yo... man, you gotta lose the beard... you look like a drunk :P
    Competition ranking: Better than the danes in everything I've ever entered.

Xtreme Member
    Foxconn did a GREAT job with Blackops. BO was the only Foxconn motherboard that I ever tested.
    It was really hard to sort out the correct settings. But as soon as you could sort them out, everything was peachy . I was able to bench 10 hours straight under LN2 with no problems.
    Blackops and QX9650-9770 was a MUST for extreme o/cers, seems like the Bloodrage has not the similar success.

NooB MOD
    Keep making them
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast