Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: errrrm where did my posts go?

I've lost all my casemod thread, pics and infos....
    pretty annoying.....
    lost about 30 posts and an "avatar-backup"
    WTF..........
    Raidmax ATOMIC - Core i7 3770s + Corsair H70 // Gigabyte H77N WIFI // Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 2133mhz // EVGA GTX1060 ACX2.0// Kingston SUV400 480Gb // Sharkoon SFX500L

Xtreme Addict
    I don't like it any more than you do but life "ain't always the way we want it"
    happens, that's life... Yeah ok I now gotta find all my stuff again but hey ho, I'm sure it can't be that hard to track down a user and PM him again

~Bex
    PROJECT :: The Xtreme (WET) Dream!!!

PERSONAL H2O BESTS :
    E8600 @ 4.8GHz
    E6750 @ 4GHz QX9650 @ 4.6GHz
    i7 920 @ 4.6GHz

PERSONAL AIR BESTS :
    Sempron140 @ 4Ghz (Stock Cooler)
    i7 3960x @ 5.4ghz (Air Cooler)

Bex : "Who said girls can't play PC games or overclock!? Do I look like your imagination!?"
    Aaron : "TBH, a girl doing all that is a pretty perfect girl!"
    Swift_Wraith : "could someone please check bex for a penis?"

Xtreme Mentor
    I lost over 3000 posts just from the last two weeks of posting. Any possibility I could get my post count fixed? Should be 6000 posts. Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    I lost over 3000 posts just from the last two weeks of posting. Any possibility I could get my post count fixed? Should be 6000 posts. Thanks.
    spammer!!!
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Listen a minute:
    I don't like it any more than you do but life "ain't always the way we want it"
    You redo your posts, you change your avatar back to what it as and life goes on.
    If the server "ain't broke, don't fix it.".
    E8400 @ 4.0 | ASUS P5Q-E P45 | 4GB Mushkin Redline DDR2-1000 | WD SE16 640GB | HD4870 ASUS Top | Antec 300 | Noctua & Thermalright Cool
    Windows 7 Professional x64

Vista & Seven Tweaks, Tips, and Tutorials: http://www.vistax64.com/

Game's running choppy? See: http://www.tweakguides.com/

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.E.E.F. View Post
    If the server "ain't broke, don't fix it.".
    It wasn't being "fixed"
    It was doing a backup and took out two drives.
    Sucks but it is what it is.
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Addict
    It wasn't being "fixed"
    It was doing a backup and took out two drives.
    Sucks but it is what it is.
    Damn....

Looks like you need a third drive.
    E8400 @ 4.0 | ASUS P5Q-E P45 | 4GB Mushkin Redline DDR2-1000 | WD SE16 640GB | HD4870 ASUS Top | Antec 300 | Noctua & Thermalright Cool

Xtreme Cruncher
    Damn....

Look like is time for you need to be quiet.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crunch-Fu Adept
    Yeah some RAID666

Yupp, sheit happens. I was too busy to post stuff and visit XS lately, but some people must have gotten really hurt.
    Wish good luck to some guys for a succesfull deja vu
    Sometimes a good slap in the face is all you need

Bios my arss.....
    I can fix this problem with a hardware mod....
    Hipro5

"Overclock till death. Overclocking is life." Hipro5

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Damn....

He had 3.. In raid5.. when 2 go bad your screwed..Designed to handle any one going out but not two at the same time.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Xtreme Addict
    He had 3.. In raid5.. when 2 go bad your screwed..Designed to handle any one going out but not two at the same time.
    Thanks for the explanation.

Banned
    Amateurs at work.......

But as someone stated earlier, this happens a lot to XS. It has always had this broken service and reliability issues.

Xtreme Addict
    I've gotta ask this question here..

Do you people think he's happy that it happened? I'm quite sure he's delighted you folk are reveling in your own grief! Seriously, think for a minute before you speak. He's just as mad, if not more so then you people who are complaining. You've spoken your grievances, now move on and be slightly more constructive in your following posts. Unless he is a masochist, I highly doubt that he likes his forum being down, much less the fact that a whole week of information is potentially lost.

Get over it and move on. People on the internet always thinking they're entitled to something. Yeesh.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznik Akime View Post
    I highly doubt that he likes his forum being down.
    some people could argue about that

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by charles_h View Post
    That's not what she...
    hahahah, great counter!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Fully agree, I don't visit XS that often anymore, but a lot of times I wanted to go on it was down.

May I remind the people here that it has been like this for ages and ages, no not the last year, but for years. I think XS has one of the most unreliable service records of any forum I have visited.

This is a complete failure, and I'm surprised people put up with this if you think of all the reasons why this shouldn't be happening. Admin 101.

If you did this at a company, you'd be fired.
    i totally agree...
    i know charles only means good by taking care of the server himself, but its just not something you can do easily... and its really time to get xs hosted properly imo, id even pay 25$ or whatever for it if thats the problem...
    but then again i dont get how other forums run fine without any donations..

coop, where did you find that picture of the xs server?
    now that i see it... i really dont get how it could have failed, its clearly memtest stable!

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Bail_w View Post
    Look like is time for you need to be quiet.
    easy, calm down

Quote Originally Posted by Reznik Akime View Post
    I've gotta ask this question here..

Do you people think he's happy that it happened? I'm quite sure he's delighted you folk are reveling in your own grief! Seriously, think for a minute before you speak. He's just as mad, if not more so then you people who are complaining. You've spoken your grievances, now move on and be slightly more constructive in your following posts. Unless he is a masochist, I highly doubt that he likes his forum being down, much less the fact that a whole week of information is potentially lost.

Get over it and move on. People on the internet always thinking they're entitled to something. Yeesh.
    screwing up is punishment enough right?
    knowing you caused a huge mess and have a bad conscience for it is pretty bad... but i dont think its a reason to tell people to stop complaining.
    xs is free, but so are 99% of the forums out there... and they dont go down all the time. as long as the complaints result in xs coming out stronger from this crysis than it was before, i dont think complaints are a bad thing.

if nobody complains, some people might think its actually ok to have xs down every now and then and lose posts... and i dont mean in an evil MWUAHAHAH way, but simply by misunderstanding what the communities priorities are.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    everybody with lost data, go and check google cache ASAP!
    you might be able to find your thread/post over there!

i checked and unfortunately there was only a backup of april 16th... but thats still 6 days more recent than the xs backup, so go check it asap before google updates its cache of xs!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post

screwing up is punishment enough right?
    knowing you caused a huge mess and have a bad conscience for it is pretty bad... but i dont think its a reason to tell people to stop complaining.
    xs is free, but so are 99% of the forums out there... and they dont go down all the time. as long as the complaints result in xs coming out stronger from this crysis than it was before, i dont think complaints are a bad thing.

if nobody complains, some people might think its actually ok to have xs down every now and then and lose posts... and i dont mean in an evil MWUAHAHAH way, but simply by misunderstanding what the communities priorities are.
    Complaints are alright, but beating a dead horse isn't. I've seen several of the same people today posting over and over again that they're upset. Some even copying their post from another thread and putting it on another. (You know who you are.) Discussion is fine as well, but when you start sounding like a broken record no longer are you complaining, but just trying to instigate.

There were precautions that Charles could have taken, but he didn't. I'm sure this time around he tried to take several precautions, but when two drives out of a raid 5 fail it bites the big one. Who's to say he wasn't in the middle of trying to backup the raid 5 in anticipation of an impending failure, but it went out before he grabbed a good backup.

It's a -free- forum in which some decided to pay for whatever reason that's their own. And for whatever reason, Fugger is doing this mostly out of his own time.

And I'm not directing this at you Saaya. Just people in general.

At least show some sort of appreciation folks. XS has been a major outlet of free information that many have taken from. The people who actually lost something (Guides and whatnot) have all the right to really pitch a fit. Those who didn't lose anything.. Chill.

Rarely do I stick my neck out on any internet forum but the audacity of some people really skeeves me sometimes. About 98% of you people complaining will continue to return at some point in this forum's lifetime. Maybe 2% of you will go to one of your other sources.

Either way, the option is there. You have the right to look elsewhere for information. If you don't like it here, exercise that right.

Xtreme Mentor
    That's why RAID 5 is vastly overrated. Wha'd he do, pull a good one trying to pull the bad one?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    when 2 go bad your screwed..
    I think I saw that title when I was walking by the Adult section at my local video store and inadvertently glanced at some of the dvd covers...

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Reznik Akime, i dont think so... i think your seeing mal intent where there isnt any...
    people are just upset, some more, some less... its only natural that people poke at each other or complain or rant in such a situation... what do you expect?
    i think its important to know that tempers are a big high right now and most of the things people say now, they dont really mean in a bad way, they are just upset... thats it

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by charles_h View Post
    I think I saw that title when I was walking by the Adult section at my local video store and inadvertently glanced at some of the dvd covers...
    LOL

ok, i gotta say dave, how come most of your posts have really nasty double meanings? is that your subconsciousness or are you doing this on purpose? ^^

Is there a raid that can handle 2 drives go bad?
    The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
    Is there a raid that can handle 2 drives go bad?
    RAID 6.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    Reznik Akime, i dont think so... i think your seeing mal intent where there isnt any...
    people are just upset, some more, some less... its only natural that people poke at each other or complain or rant in such a situation... what do you expect?
    i think its important to know that tempers are a big high right now and most of the things people say now, they dont really mean in a bad way, they are just upset... thats it
    Hmm.. Maybe yer right. Point taken.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    RAID 6.
    Correct, IF your card or board supports it.
    Mine does raid0,1,5 and 10 but not 6..
    A GOOD raid6 card is big bucks..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast