Thread: For what are those heatsinks on BloodRage?

Xtreme Addict

For what are those heatsinks on BloodRage?

I found small bag with small heatsinks with my BloodRage.. question is, for what are they? Just curious.

Xtreme Addict
    I'm kind of curious myself. Didn't think there were any obvious hotspots on the board that hadn't been sinked already. There are a couple of bare regulators in some spots, but they don't seem to get more than a little warm on my board?
    i7 2600K | ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z | GTX Titan | Corsair DDR3-2133

they are for the pwm inductors or controllers or whatever those are called
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    You can also use them for your RAM ( if they come naked ) or your graphics card memory if you're using a waterblock on the GPU ( VGA )
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Addict
    I got reply from master Saaya:

"hey man,
    well i asked foxconn to include those heatsinks so you can glue them onto any chips you want to cool on the board. the sas chip for example gets a bit hot, and so does the pata/esata jmicron chip.

they are fine for normal operation, even in a badly ventilated case, but i personally would like to add heatsinks to it to cool them and i know many people would."

Now we know!