Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How I love being disabled...

Mr. Boardburner

How I love being disabled...

NOT. I managed to twist my ankle last week. This is what it looks like right now:

High-res version here if anyone wants it. EDIT: URL fixed

Anyways, it's pretty sprained. I went to the hospital this morning and they confirmed that all my ligaments f*cked up. Because of the location of the ligaments, proper healing will be impossible and I'll keep having trouble with it from now on. Exactly what I wanted to hear

They patched it all up for me, but my foot will be all taped up for at least 6 weeks.
    Last edited by Martijn; 03-23-2009 at 12:54 PM.
    Main rig:
    CPU: I7 920C0 @ 3.6Ghz (180*20)
    Mobo: DFI UT X58 T3eH8
    RAM: 12GB OCZ DDR3-1600 Platinum
    GPU/LCD: GeForce GTX280 + GeForce 8600GTS (Quad LCDs)
    Intel X25-M G2 80GB, 12TB storage
    PSU/Case: Corsair AX850, Silverstone TJ07

Life's Replay
    That is a very impressive display of colors, congratulations. I've sprained my ankles millions of times from skateboarding back in the day, but your foot is.. it's... beautiful. Wait, what?
    Self-proclaimed and convincing.

Intel i5 760 | Prolimatech Genesis CPU Cooler | EVGA GTX 480 | Arctic Cooling Accelero Extreme Plus II GPU Cooler | Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4GB DDR3-1600 | Crucial C300 64GB SSD | 5 TB+ of storage | Corsair Obsidian 550d | Corsair HX850

13" Macbook Pro

Nikon D90 | Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6 VR | Nikon 35mm f/1.8G | Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 Macro HSM | Nikon SB-900 | Braun 5000

Twitter | Life's Replay

_
    Wow thats alot of different colors in your foot.
    Get well soon.

HARD CRUNCHER!!
    Dang dude!! Thats pretty crazy lookn.

Funny thing about the color....my wife called me today livid...my 4yo daughter painted my 2yo son with purple nail polish today...

Im glad im at work.

Hope you heal up soon brother!!

Well another thing for you brother, you can borrow one of Dave's walkers im sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike047 View Post
    CRUNCH HARD, it may not help me and you, but it might help the Kids.

Mr. Boardburner
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Hicks121 View Post
    Dang dude!! Thats pretty crazy lookn.

Funny thing about the color....my wife called me today livid...my 4yo daughter painted my 2yo son with purple nail polish today...

Im glad im at work.

Hope you heal up soon brother!!

Well another thing for you brother, you can borrow one of Dave's walkers im sure.
    Now way I'm calling Dave for walkers. One injury is enough
    Main rig:

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Your leg looks pretty trippy. Looks like mine then I flew facefirst into the water when I was wakeboarding.

Xtreme Enthusiast

Ouch!

I understand (all too well ) where you're coming from. I twisted my knee 3 weeks ago yesterday riding my dirt bike. Knee is still swollen but it isn't all colored up like your ankle is. I'm wearing a brace so I can work. X-rays didn't show anything broken. Have an appointment to have an MRI done a week from today and an appointment with orthopedic surgeon April 10. I hope that you can recover without all the stuff I'm going through.

Mr. Boardburner
    Quote Originally Posted by David_L6 View Post
    I understand (all too well ) where you're coming from. I twisted my knee 3 weeks ago yesterday riding my dirt bike. Knee is still swollen but it isn't all colored up like your ankle is. I'm wearing a brace so I can work. X-rays didn't show anything broken. Have an appointment to have an MRI done a week from today and an appointment with orthopedic surgeon April 10. I hope that you can recover without all the stuff I'm going through.
    Well it's a bloody good thing that I've got two weeks of exams... I only need to go to uni for 2 days and I can study at home all I want.

Honestly, I'd much rather have had that it was broken. This is just so... annoying, really. By the end of the week I'll have to walk on it again. Oh horror
    Main rig:

Xtreme Cruncher
    Dang that looks like it hurts like he||!!!!!

Mr. Boardburner
    Quote Originally Posted by littleowl View Post
    Dang that looks like it hurts like he||!!!!!
    I can assure you Ibuprofen solves a lot of that problem
    Main rig:

Xtreme Cruncher
    That is indeed a rather impressive range of colours there. I didn't think human skin could do that

Hope you get well soon, dude.

Although the question must be asked: What the hell were you up to when you did that?

Eller

Desktop: Q6600 G0 @ 3.6 Ghz | P5E | 2x2 Gb G.Skill PC8000 | GTX 560 Ti | CM690 | TT TP 750 watt | Win 7 Pro x64 | Water Cooling
    Server: i3 530 (Stock) | CM Vortex Low-Profile | Zotac H55-ITX WIFI | 2x2Gb Corsair 1333Mhz | IGP | VX450 | Server 2008 R2 x64

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by karl_eller View Post
    That is indeed a rather impressive range of colours there. I didn't think human skin could do that

Hope you get well soon, dude.

Although the question must be asked: What the hell were you up to when you did that?

Eller
    ^^^^
    WHS

Hope you get better soon Martijn. Beterschap! Hope you dont have too many stairs in your house!

My mate broke his kneecap when I lived in holland and he had a cast for I dont know how long. reckons it sucked cos he had to go to the toilet with the door open cos of the cast lol

Thats what you get for slamming tequilla and slipping up stairs

Xtreme Mentor

That is nasty. I hope it heals up quick man. Good Luck.

Crunching for Poppabear
    My wife sprained her's last year. It looked about that bad. Hope you get better soon.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Martijn View Post
    Honestly, I'd much rather have had that it was broken. This is just so... annoying, really. By the end of the week I'll have to walk on it again. Oh horror
    That looks really familiar, I twisted my ankle badly 11 months ago and I'm still not able to stress it (as in playing sports). At most you'll be able to stand on it in a week, but overdo it and you'll enjoy a good deal of pain, which I found out the hard way. Note that it took me several months before I could carefully walk again, it probably won't be any different for you.
    Clicky for anyone looking to compare. I think you should at least be glad to be told truthfully it won't ever heal, in my case the docter just did tests and said they couldn't see a thing anyway.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    And I needed to see this with my first cup of coffee?
    Now Martijn my friend, How the hell am I supposed to enjoy my bagle and cream cheese this morning after looking at your toe jammed foot?

Sorry pal and ligaments take a long time to heal.
    Stay off it as much as possible and when you do have to walk on it keep it wrapped with a ACE bandage for support..
    It will come back, just takes 9-12 months and you being carefull NOT to twist it again while it's healing.
    That is the big concern.
    Twist it when it's like this and things break..
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Member
    I can only hope you have disability insurance like the duck says "aflac" and this happened at work so the bills keep getting paid. Seriously, lotso people don't realize how important these insurances really are. If you get injured on the job, they pay your mortgage, car payments, food, AND on top of all that, they pay you what you woulda been getting paid, including patterns of overtime. All this outside any worker's compensation benefits your company already has. Thats you getting paid TWICE and not having to pay mortgage or car payments for up to six months. WOW! Work a 30k year job, you just made 30k in six months, lol.

My gosh I sound like an insurance spammer. No, I don't sell insurance, I just got smashed between two vehicles at work, broke several bones in the back and did some researching afterward on disability insurance.

Its good info, and good luck on your recovery bud.
    Under the influence of being Over the Edge!

Doomsday Rig:
    TJ10ESA 1200w Zeus
    Evga 790i Ultra SLI
    Qx6700,6850,9650,9700 5.1ghz-5.4ghzDICE
    OCZ 9-9-9-28 1.8v 2000mhz 2x1gb
    Evga 9800gx2X2
    BFG Ultra OC X2
    150gb RaptorX6
    Areca 1220 Raid 0
    Xonar X2
    QuadBoot xp'z-VistaUlt'z

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianSupermn View Post
    I can only hope you have disability insurance like the duck says "aflac" and this happened at work so the bills keep getting paid. Seriously, lotso people don't realize how important these insurances really are. If you get injured on the job, they pay your mortgage, car payments, food, AND on top of all that, they pay you what you woulda been getting paid, including patterns of overtime. All this outside any worker's compensation benefits your company already has. Thats you getting paid TWICE and not having to pay mortgage or car payments for up to six months. WOW! Work a 30k year job, you just made 30k in six months, lol.

My gosh I sound like an insurance spammer. No, I don't sell insurance, I just got smashed between two vehicles at work, broke several bones in the back and did some researching afterward on disability insurance.

martijn is a full time student so I think thats out..
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Martijn lives in Soviet Holland.

Dayum martijn.... that really is messed up.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] riptide View Post

The least he could have done was included a pic of his GF leg in the pic also.. Talk about no class!

Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    The least he could have done was included a pic of his GF leg in the pic also.. Talk about no class!
    For a second, when I saw the pic before readin, I thought it was his GF, or something. Them hairy legs... typical Dutch womans legs them are.

Hey Martijn! Stop wearing wooden shoes... try Nike or something...

Mr. Boardburner
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianSupermn View Post

Quote Originally Posted by [XC] riptide View Post

I'm properly insured, no worries. Heck, I could throw my laptop on the floor right now and get a new one

Oh and as for the shaved legs... It is shaved now. The tape wouldn't stick
    Main rig:

Xtreme Cruncher
    Hey I can carve you a really nice pegleg out of Rosewood. PM for pricing.
    20 Logs on the fire for WCG: i7 920@2.8 X3220@3.0 X3220@2.4 E8400@4.05 E6600@2.4

Mr. Boardburner
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberDruid View Post
    Hey I can carve you a really nice pegleg out of Rosewood. PM for pricing.
    If the foot ever has to be amputated I'll let you know
    Main rig:

Quote Originally Posted by Martijn View Post
    If the foot ever has to be amputated I'll let you know
    I've just been spidercrawling your photo albums on that domain you have. Be nice now, or I'll just have to bust out a 'chop. Plenty of ammo in Family-winter-holiday shenanigans.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast