Thread: Bad Support from ASUS

Bad Support from ASUS

Hello,
    My sister Mrs. Namita Dhariwal had gifted me a Asus Rampage III Formula Motherboard in October 2010. It started showing defects in January 2013 so my sister sent the motherboard for RMA.

Her RMA number was USPC2B3194 & on 7th January 2013 Asus emailed her "We received your motherboard yesterday and the repair started (1-7-2013)".

She received my motherboard on 11th January 2013 but I had sent my box & accessories accidentally so my sister emailed them to ask for the return of my accessories on 15th January 2013 to that they said "Would you please prescribe the accessories you sent" so she replied on 17th January 2013 saying "I sent The box, 1 x ROG Connect Cable, 1 x 3-Way SLI Bridge, 1 x SLI Cable, 3 x 2-in-1 Sata 3.0 Gb/s cables, 1 x 2-in-1 Sata 6.0 Gb/s cable, 1 x Crossfire Cable, 1 x 2 in 1 Asus Q Connector Kit, 1 x I/O Shield, 1 x Cable Ties Pack, 1 x Optional Fan, 1 x 12-in-1 ROG Cable Label, ROG Motherboard support DVD & User Guide", On 23rd February 2013 they replied "you need to call in".

My sister called in on 23rd January 2013 & got a Credit Card Form for Accessories Return & CID Only Form from Asus to fill & fax with a Case ID of 2224908 on 24th January 2013.

Due to family issues my sister filled & sent the form on 25th February 2013 at 8am PST.

When the accessories didn't come even till 22nd March 2013 my sister called & they said "we have done anything on this case number yet" so my sister asked them to act on it asap" to that they replied "We will email you back shortly".

My sister got no email till 29th March 2013 so my sister emailed saying "My case ID is 2224908. I sent the Credit Card Form for Accessories Return on 25th February for the return of the accessories of my Rampage III Formula motherboard. I sent the following accessories The box, 1 x ROG Connect Cable, 1 x 3-Way SLI Bridge, 1 x SLI Cable, 3 x 2-in-1 Sata 3.0 Gb/s cables, 1 x 2-in-1 Sata 6.0 Gb/s cable, 1 x Crossfire Cable, 1 x 2 in 1 Asus Q Connector Kit, 1 x I/O Shield, 1 x Cable Ties Pack, 1 x Optional Fan, 1 x 12-in-1 ROG Cable Label, ROG Motherboard support DVD & User Guide. Why have I not received the accessories yet? Please update."

Till now there has been no updates.

I loved Asus but now I'm never buying Asus products again or letting anyone I know buy Asus products ever again.

Highly irresponsible & terrible service by Asus.

I'm deeply disappointed.

Thanks in advance to Asus if any help is provided by Asus after this.

Regards,
    Udit.

I would say most of this is your fault and not ASUS' fault. You should have done the RMA yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by noidster View Post
    I would say most of this is your fault and not ASUS' fault. You should have done the RMA yourself.
    I'm in India & she in USA so I could not do it

Banned
    Unfortunately most if not all of the Asian mobo makers IME, have very poor customer support. I personally stopped using Asus mobos because of their poor customer support and lack of reliability. Since there is no accountability in retail sales, don't expect any of these Asian mobo makers to provide quality customer support because I have not seen a one that does and I've dealt with all of the name brand Asian mobo makers for 20+ years.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I wish you the best, however my recent contacts with asus were horrible at start and then become even funny .
    I had few (well i have them still for the most part) problems with my mobo , my local support guy was first telling me that i want things that are just not there and never were, after long exchange of emails, i got contact with broken engrish to their mothership support, guy there was 1. telling just the opposite of the guy in my country 2.Answering questions i never asked .
    None of them seem to really understand my problems or they just didnt care , none of them actually hooked up any mobo and replicated my configuration , it was all sad.Even foxconn and their slave labor were better at this, they maybe wrote to me in engrish but atleast they knew what i was asking and even got a beta bios from them once.
    If anybody wants to buy asus mobo because of the DTS connect feature, i wouldnt recommend it, they advertise this feature, however as it turns out its supported only on 7 (not even mention of 8) ,and i havent been able to enable it on few diff 7 builds.On foxconn i had both dts connect and DDL enabled no prob on xp/xp64/vista and 7 .
    Their support is mostly "Have you tried turning it off and on again?".
    Oh and lol, when i told a guy my 4tb disk isnt recognized properly by add on controller on their mobo, guy form support send me a link to stationdrivers which was for USB controller of the same maker.Pathetic.
    Intel 5960X@4.2Ghz[Prime stable]@4.5 [XTU stable] 1.24v NB@3.6ghz Asrock X99 Extreme 3 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance@3200 16-17-17
    Sapphire nitro+ VEGA 56 Samsung SSD 850 256GB Crucial MX100 512GB HDD:WD10TB WD:8TB Seagate8TB

Xtreme Member
    The bad thing is you're not suppose to send in the accessories to begin with. As it is stated in the rma information page. So that is basically your fault there. That being said, Asus has went downhill fast these last few years. If you look at the BBB report on them, they are still having issues. I lost my faith in them when they dropped the ball on the Asus ROG Xonar Pheobus sound card. But hopefully they can get your issue squared away though.

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-franc...emont-ca-16870

Banned
    The sad part is that these mobo makers get away with such horrible customer support... because they can. If enough people stop buying their products they will eventually fix their issues or shutter the doors.

Xtreme Addict
    I feel sorry for those that are unfortunate. Not only that, you fail to read RMA instructions to NEVER EVER ship any accessories with any defective products. That's your fault. They plainly state that accessories won't be returned. One thing, though, can someone name a few mobo makers in the US?
    Asus Rampage II Gene, Xeon W3550 D0 Mushkin PC3-2000 6GB, BFG 9600GT OC 512MB DDR3
    Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe 1.01G, AMD A64 4000+, 2x1GB Ultra PC-3200, EVGA 7600GT 256MB DDR3
    Asus MA378-T with AMD Athlon 64 X2 7850
    ECS 945GCT-M/1333 v3.0, Intel Celeron E1400, MSI 8500GT 256MB DDR3
    BIOStar P4M900-M7 Rev. 7.0, Intel Celeron 440, 1GB Kingston, 6600LE
    Gigabyte M61PME-S2P with AMD Athlon 64 LE-1660, EVGA 8500GT 1GB DDR2

Xtreme Member
    EVGA, I think that's about it lol, maybe Intel?
    Home PC: Intel i7 4770K @ 4.6ghz l Asus Maximus VI Hero l Corsair Dominator Plantinum 2400mhz (4x4GB) l Asus GTX 690 l Samsung 840 Pro 256gb l 2 x WD Black 1T storage drive l WD MyBook 500gb External l Samsung SH-S203N DVD l Creative X-Fi Titanium HD l Corsair AX1200 PSU l Planar SA2311W23 3D LCD Monitor l Corsair 800D Case l Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit l Sennheiser HD-590

Water Cooling Setup: Swiftech 320 Radiator (3 X Gentle Typhoons 1450rpm 3 x Gentle Typhoons 1850 rpm) l Swiftech Pump w/XSPC Res Top l Heatkiller 3.0 CPU Block l Heatkiller GPU-X GTX 690 "Hole Edition" Nickel l Heatkiller Geforce GTX 690 GPU Backplate l Koolance 140mm Radiator l Danger Den 1/2ID UV Green tubing l EK EKoolant UV Green Liquid

-Impossible is not a word

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I purchased an Asus laptop 6 years ago and ended up needing to go through the warranty process with it. Due to the fact that it took me nearly a week to get anything done with their service and could not understand a word most of them were saying, i have decided (and still do) to NEVER use any Asus product again.

Following this line of thinking, I also tell each customer of mine who asks about my recommendations on which products to use, I give them fair warning to avoid Asus at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by freecableguy
    I'll come blow on your heatsink for a dollar. Thats pretty ghetto
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon th MG Pony
    sorry to sound harsh but so would you if some one asked if nitroglycerin was a good coolant for his car!
    Check out my forum: http://www.anarchyst-it.com

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by udit130286 View Post
    Hello,
    My sister Mrs. Namita Dhariwal had gifted me a Asus Rampage III Formula Motherboard in October 2010. It started showing defects in January 2013 so my sister sent the motherboard for RMA.

Her RMA number was USPC2B3194 & on 7th January 2013 Asus emailed her "We received your motherboard yesterday and the repair started (1-7-2013)".

She received my motherboard on 11th January 2013 but I had sent my box & accessories accidentally so my sister emailed them to ask for the return of my accessories on 15th January 2013 to that they said "Would you please prescribe the accessories you sent" so she replied on 17th January 2013 saying "I sent The box, 1 x ROG Connect Cable, 1 x 3-Way SLI Bridge, 1 x SLI Cable, 3 x 2-in-1 Sata 3.0 Gb/s cables, 1 x 2-in-1 Sata 6.0 Gb/s cable, 1 x Crossfire Cable, 1 x 2 in 1 Asus Q Connector Kit, 1 x I/O Shield, 1 x Cable Ties Pack, 1 x Optional Fan, 1 x 12-in-1 ROG Cable Label, ROG Motherboard support DVD & User Guide", On 23rd February 2013 they replied "you need to call in".

My sister called in on 23rd January 2013 & got a Credit Card Form for Accessories Return & CID Only Form from Asus to fill & fax with a Case ID of 2224908 on 24th January 2013.

Due to family issues my sister filled & sent the form on 25th February 2013 at 8am PST.

When the accessories didn't come even till 22nd March 2013 my sister called & they said "we have done anything on this case number yet" so my sister asked them to act on it asap" to that they replied "We will email you back shortly".

My sister got no email till 29th March 2013 so my sister emailed saying "My case ID is 2224908. I sent the Credit Card Form for Accessories Return on 25th February for the return of the accessories of my Rampage III Formula motherboard. I sent the following accessories The box, 1 x ROG Connect Cable, 1 x 3-Way SLI Bridge, 1 x SLI Cable, 3 x 2-in-1 Sata 3.0 Gb/s cables, 1 x 2-in-1 Sata 6.0 Gb/s cable, 1 x Crossfire Cable, 1 x 2 in 1 Asus Q Connector Kit, 1 x I/O Shield, 1 x Cable Ties Pack, 1 x Optional Fan, 1 x 12-in-1 ROG Cable Label, ROG Motherboard support DVD & User Guide. Why have I not received the accessories yet? Please update."

Till now there has been no updates.

I loved Asus but now I'm never buying Asus products again or letting anyone I know buy Asus products ever again.

Highly irresponsible & terrible service by Asus.

I'm deeply disappointed.

Thanks in advance to Asus if any help is provided by Asus after this.

Regards,
    Udit.

Our support guys are looking at this now - might be tricky locating those peripherals but they should be able to sort something out for you. Just be mindful to read the RMA instructions before sending something in.

-Raja
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.

Rampage IV Extreme tweaking guide

ASUS Z77 UEFI Tuning Guide for overclocking

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Maximus VI Series UEFI OC Guide