Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Game That Started It All Lives Again: Wolfenstein

Live Long And Overclock

The Game That Started It All Lives Again: Wolfenstein

New Trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/46994.html

Downloadable 720P Trailer (Right click save as)

Gameplay (w/ Interview): http://www.gametrailers.com/gametrai...p=53&ch=1&sd=0 (SPOILER WARNING Don't watch after the 12 minute mark if you don't want part of the final game spoiled)

Official Website: http://www.wolfenstein.com/

I think it looks nice for something using ID Tech 4 (Doom 3 Engine). The outdoors are very well done. Also, the game is now called just "Wolfenstein" without the Castle or the Return. Even with that in mind though, unless the MP is mindblowing, I don't see myself paying full price for this.

Perkam
    Last edited by perkam; 03-23-2009 at 06:42 AM.

Ebay Hater
    Is it only me, or are the graphics really not up to scratch on this game?
    In short, both AMD and NVIDIA discovered that their next-generation graphics cards are superior to each others' last-generation graphics cards.

Xtreme Addict
    Its good enough. Gameplay is all what matters, just like Wolfenstein ET.
    >i5-3570K
    >Asrock Z77E-ITX Wifi
    >Asus GTX 670 Mini
    >Cooltek Coolcube Black
    >CM Silent Pro M700
    >Crucial M4 128Gb Msata
    >Cooler Master Seidon 120M
    Hell yes its a mini-ITX gaming rig!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_78 View Post
    Is it only me, or are the graphics really not up to scratch on this game?
    Only for consoles. That might be the reason the graphic sucks.

Sorry, ain't interested if it will only be released for consoles.

€dith: GT says it will be released for PC as well. But I don't see a PC-logo at the end of the video.
    Last edited by FischOderAal; 03-23-2009 at 06:16 AM.
    Notice any grammar or spelling mistakes? Feel free to correct me! Thanks

Xtreme Addict
    Looks a good game! I think the graphics shown are from consoles! Maybe the pc version will have better graphics! DX10 maybe!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    €dith: GT says it will be released for PC as well. But I don't see a PC-logo at the end of the video.
    You can see the PC logo on the official website, so I'm sure it will be for PC as well..
    Intel Core i7 6900K
    Noctua NH-D15
    Asus X99A II
    32 GB G.Skill TridentZ @ 3400 CL15 CR1
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5
    Sennheiser HD-598
    Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Western Digital Raptor 600GB
    Asus 12x Blu-Ray Burner
    Sony Optiarc 24x DVD Burner with NEC chipset
    Antec HCP-1200w Power Supply
    Viewsonic XG2703-GS
    Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition
    Logitech G502 gaming mouse w/Razer Exact Mat
    Logitech G910 mechanical gaming keyboard
    Windows 8 x64 Pro

Ebay Hater
    hmm even for consoles it looks a bit shabby - the wheels on the trolleys i mean goddam, that looks like something from gta vice city.
    In short, both AMD and NVIDIA discovered that their next-generation graphics cards are superior to each others' last-generation graphics cards.

Live Long And Overclock
    Spoiler Warning Added to gameplay trailer.

Also, scroll down on main website to see PC logo.

Perkam
    Last edited by perkam; 03-23-2009 at 06:39 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    Only for consoles. That might be the reason the graphic sucks.

Sorry, ain't interested if it will only be released for consoles.

You can see the PC logo in the webpage.
    Graphics don't look so good, though. I guess the Id Tech4 is a bit outdated, compared to Dunia, CryEngine and the latest iterations of Source. Those are 2005 graphics, not 2009..

However, the previous RTCW wasn't the best of its class in graphics when it came out, anyways.
    Last edited by ToTTenTranz; 03-23-2009 at 06:40 AM.

Live Long And Overclock
    Quote Originally Posted by ToTTenTranz View Post
    You can see the PC logo in the webpage.
    Graphics don't look so good, though. I guess the Id Tech4 is a bit outdated, compared to Dunia, CryEngine and the latest iterations of Source. Those are 2005 graphics, not 2009..

However, the previous RTCW wasn't the best of its class in graphics when it came out, anyways.
    It's not that old. It's more of a 2006 game than a 2005 game, but it became quickly outdated yes.

I hope we see Wolfenstein 2 with Id Tech 5 but if they took 4 years on an id tech 4 game, I wouldn't wait up for it

Also, Gameplay link was SD, is now HD.

Perkam

Xtreme Enthusiast
    whats the first game to use ID 5?

I thought this might but apparently not

I want some games that actually rival crysis in detail but with more performance

Live Long And Overclock
    Quote Originally Posted by orangekiwii View Post
    whats the first game to use ID 5?

I thought this might but apparently not

I want some games that actually rival crysis in detail but with more performance
    *sigh*

Id isn't the type of company that makes games where you go online to gather wood from palm trees for a bonfire. Id Tech 5 is optimized to allow for the best graphics at the best performance, hence the megatextures etc.

The first game to use id tech 5 will be RAGE. Look it up. The next game to use it will be

*Drumroll*

Doom 4

Perkam

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I know, i just want good graphics with my good gameplay

its an added bonus

sort of like a piece of cake after a 3 course meal

Xtreme Gamer
    This game looks great even for a single player FPS. Bring on the multiplayer already!

Xtreme Addict
    Doom 4? Rage? Wolfenstein?

Holy .

If this is even remotely like RTCW it will be an absolute winner, that game ranks in my top 10 games ever probably, i remember getting it the day i got my shiny new Radeon X800 The same week the first PCI express boards launched i think!
    Last edited by Xello; 03-23-2009 at 07:29 AM.
    TJ07 | Corsair HX1000W | Gigabyte EX58 Extreme | i7 930 @ 4ghz | Ek Supreme | Thermochill PA 120.3 | Laing DDC 12v w/ mod plexi top | 3x2gb Corsair 1600mhz | GTX 680 | Raid 0 300gb Velociraptor x 2 | Razer Lachesis & Lycosa | Win7 HP x64 | fluffy dice.

It won't be DX10 unless the engine has drastically been modified. The Doom 3 engine utilizes OpenGL--not DirectX.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Great! More re-makes! ID is very creative!
    Asus P6T-DLX V2 1104 & i7 920 @ 4116 1.32v(Windows Reported) 1.3375v (BIOS Set) 196x20(1) HT OFF
    6GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 1600 3x2GB@ 7-7-7-24, 1.66v, 1568Mhz
    Sapphire 5870 @ 985/1245 1.2v
    X-Fi "Fatal1ty" & Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 Speaks/Beyerdynamic DT-880 Pro (2005 Model) and a mini3 amp
    WD 150GB Raptor (Games) & 2x WD 640GB (System)
    PC Power & Cooling 750w
    Homebrew watercooling on CPU and GPU
    and the best monitor ever made + a Samsung 226CW + Dell P2210 for eyefinity
    Windows 7 Utimate x64

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xello View Post
    Doom 4? Rage? Wolfenstein?

Holy .

If this is even remotely like RTCW it will be an absolute winner, that game ranks in my top 10 games ever probably, i remember getting it the day i got my shiny new Radeon X800 The same week the first PCI express boards launched i think!
    hopefully duke nukem forever comes out this year
    or when? 2010? 2011? 10 years in development LOL
    Seti@Home Optimized Apps
    Heat
    Quote Originally Posted by aNoN_ View Post
    pretty low score, why not higher? kingpin gets 40k in 3dmark05 and 33k in 06 and 32k in vantage performance...

Xtreme Addict
    This games going to be made of Fail. Its just another attempt at milking the Wolfenstein name abit more, Its graphics a frankly poor and the gameplay is going to be awful as its going to be another console port.

Xtreme Addict
    I'm still waiting to see some really useful information about the multiplayer in this game. If it is anything like RTCW/ET then it should rock.

Xtremeish
    This looks like utter rubbish to me, not that the idea is bad, it worked with the last game and I enjoyed that, but this is just the same and it looks even more stupid.
    Aber ja, naturlich Hans nass ist, er steht unter einem Wasserfall - James May
    Hardware: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Intel i5 4670k @ 4GHz, Crucial DDR3 BallistiX, Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II, Corsair HX 650W, Samsung 830 256GB, Silverstone Precision -|- Cooling: Noctua NH-C12P SE14

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    It won't be DX10 unless the engine has drastically been modified. The Doom 3 engine utilizes OpenGL--not DirectX.
    I remember reading something on the line of Microsoft using OpenGL 2 to emulate a demo for DX10 long before its launch.
    So technically, Doom 3 engine could get DX10-like effects if modded enough...
    Don't quote me on that, after all the engine is quite old.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontos View Post
    I remember reading something on the line of Microsoft using OpenGL 2 to emulate a demo for DX10 long before its launch.
    So technically, Doom 3 engine could get DX10-like effects if modded enough...
    Don't quote me on that, after all the engine is quite old.
    Oh certainly, you don't have to use DirectX at all to get a result that looks like it's in the same class. OpenGL and DirectX are entirely different animals. I wasn't trying to make a visual effect potential comparison based on the API. I was just saying that it won't be DX10 unless for some reason they completely replaced the render pipeline. That's not very likely.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Addict
    Doom 4 comes this year isn't?
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░░▀ ░░░▀░▀ ░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░

Xtreme Enthusiast
    one would hope

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast