Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The new Koolance Controller, TMS-200!

Anyone seen any testing or reviews of this product, I'm deciding between this or an Aquaero, and I'm unsure.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ML Infamous View Post
    Anyone seen any testing or reviews of this product, I'm deciding between this or an Aquaero, and I'm unsure.
    none so far, but I did see on you tube a guy controlliner like 10 fans alternating them pretty slick device something I might be interested in to be able to control 10 plus fans....whoo hooo........though kinda scared about the auto shutdown stuff I rather be able to shut down my compoenents myself like pump instead of the pump shutting down and all other components keep running by program etc.....

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Looks like a fun tool!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Any news from the guys that bought one? I know we lost alot of posts in the data loss.

John Planet? Any status report yet?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Does anyone have some dimensions on this unit? W*D*H?

To bad with all the good posts that got lost i the rollback :\

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodholm View Post
    Any news from the guys that bought one? I know we lost alot of posts in the data loss.

John Planet? Any status report yet?
    It's installed and completely functional. No problems with my PSU or comm port allocation that were reported. The software leaves a bit to be desired, but I suspect that'll change in revisions. It really is a hoot knowing things like coolant temp and flowrate when I could only guess before. Do you have any specific questions?
    i7 940 + HK LT, GTX 480 SLI
    ASUS P6T DLX V2, 6gig Corsair Dominator 1600
    2XDDC 3.2 18watts, PC LRT, pure distilled+silver, TC PA120.3/TFC 120.1
    2x150gigWD RaptorX, 4x1tbWD BLK SG, 1.5tb external drives
    SB Titanium PCI-X, Logitech z2300, Triton AX PC Pro
    2xMemorex DL DVD burners-USB attached
    Samsung 225BW & 204B
    MM U2 UFO powder coat+12x120MM fans, Enermax Galaxy EVO 1250W, Windows 7 U64

Xtreme Enthusiast
    ok. Have you tried to disconnect the flowmeter in bios etc? Does it shutdown?

And also, If you could give W*H*D it would be awesome! Or anyone else :P

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [Koolance] Dean View Post
    I was asked that by someone else today as well. I think adding a display would require a substantial change to the hardware itself... I think would be a feature more likely to appear in the next version of the product. But I will request that functionality .
    Something I'd definately be interested in seeing as well.
    the Borg Cube:
    Case - Lian Li PC-343B
    Mobo - EVGA X58 Classified (759)
    CPU - i7 920 (D0 stepping), watercooled w/Enzotech Luna Rev.A block
    RAM - Corsair Dominator GT 2000 (8-8-8-24) w/fan
    GPU - EVGA GTX295 quad-SLI, water cooled w/Koolance NX295 blocks
    PSU - Corsair HX1000
    O/S - Windows 7 RC build 7127

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Planet View Post
    It's installed and completely functional. No problems with my PSU or comm port allocation that were reported. The software leaves a bit to be desired, but I suspect that'll change in revisions. It really is a hoot knowing things like coolant temp and flowrate when I could only guess before. Do you have any specific questions?
    what is the total watts for fans? I would to jumper off one 3 pin to 3 fans at a total of .9amps whichi is 10.8 watts.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JOCKTHEGLIDE View Post
    what is the total watts for fans? I would to jumper off one 3 pin to 3 fans at a total of .9amps whichi is 10.8 watts.
    According to the 1st page, 24watts per channel. But I wouldn't trust the single molex to feed 6.5A.

I just got mine in the mail, its sitting at the post office for pickup. I will be running 3 S-Flex-F + 1 MCP355 on the main board, and another identical loop on the daughter card.

If I'm not wrong, that's 20.4 watts per loop, 40.8watts or 3.4A total. Let's see what happens. I shall put up my impressions in my worklog later.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibbler View Post
    According to the 1st page, 24watts per channel. But I wouldn't trust the single molex to feed 6.5A.

I just got mine in the mail, its sitting at the post office for pickup. I will be running 3 S-Flex-F + 1 MCP355 on the main board, and another identical loop on the daughter card.

If I'm not wrong, that's 20.4 watts per loop, 40.8watts or 3.4A total. Let's see what happens. I shall put up my impressions in my worklog later.
    thats not bad at 20.4 watts per channel I need one channel to handle 10 watts like i said....man If I got it in the mail I would tear into that like an animal lol.....

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JOCKTHEGLIDE View Post
    thats not bad at 20.4 watts per channel I need one channel to handle 10 watts like i said....man If I got it in the mail I would tear into that like an animal lol.....
    The board should have 4 channels (pump + 3xfans), each up to 24 watts. So 10watts on one channel should not be a problem.

In fact, since my fans are spliced together 3-in-1, I don't need the daughter card at all. But I wasn't happy with plugging a pump into a "fan" channel. 'tis an OCD thing.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Has anyone tried to disconnect a flow meter from the unit when it isn't in windows? And see if it shuts down?

If that works, I'm buying one AZAP!

I'm still unsure about this controller.

I wish there where reviews of it =\.

Can't decide between this and the Aquaero.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodholm View Post
    Has anyone tried to disconnect a flow meter from the unit when it isn't in windows? And see if it shuts down?

If that works, I'm buying one AZAP!
    If someone can loan me a flow meter I'd be happy to test. Just need to plug in the power switch splice and USB, install software. 15min job.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibbler View Post
    If someone can loan me a flow meter I'd be happy to test. Just need to plug in the power switch splice and USB, install software. 15min job.

cant believe its still in the package

Banned
    Still thinking on this piece of kit, can anyone tell me if it's possible to nab any of the data for use with Samurize or Rainmeter?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    How about you john planet? You have a flow meter right? Have you tried to unhook it or disable the pump and see if the unit shut your system down?

I received the controller today and set up the automatic shutdown. I set the controller to shutdown my hardware when the flow rate dipped below some threshold value. When I unplugged my pumps the controller would only shutdown my hardware when the program was fully loaded (will not work in bios). Also when the program starts up it takes a few second for the controller to read the flow meter, so you get a nasty alarm for a few seconds even though there is a significant flow rate. I am using Software v2.0 for XP 32 bit.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by [Koolance] Dean View Post
    So it seems that fans do not ramp according to temperature before windows starts, but auto-shutdown does work.

Also form the people saying it doesn't have a microcontroller, they are located on the backside
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Number View Post
    I received the controller today and set up the automatic shutdown. I set the controller to shutdown my hardware when the flow rate dipped below some threshold value. When I unplugged my pumps the controller would only shutdown my hardware when the program was fully loaded (will not work in bios). Also when the program starts up it takes a few second for the controller to read the flow meter, so you get a nasty alarm for a few seconds even though there is a significant flow rate. I am using Software v2.0 for XP 32 bit.
    hmm? thats weird...

If you read Dean's post the auto-shutdown should work without the program. Maybe its only temperature?!?

Can you comment on this dean?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Did you have the "real" switch enabled? the cable you connect via the koolance tms. You have to connect a cable between the tms power on button. Else it doesn't work. I talked to dean and he said that he was told that this was going to work. Sent him another pm and he probably checking this now.

This is what I'm talking about.

I don't know if you need to change to "hardware" shutdown in the program?

I looked on there site and there is going to be a software update very soon.
    Postby [Koolance] Tim on Fri May 08, 2009 4:15 pm
    This thread was forwarded to our programming staff. They are well into a new software update for TMS-200, and some of these issues have already been addressed (along with new features added). They should be able to provide an ETA on the next update and detail fixes.
    Last edited by Brodholm; 05-12-2009 at 09:52 AM.

My current fan controller died so I'm also looking for something better. I dont really like the aquaero because you can't hook up a lot of fans, so I'm also looking at the TMS-200 which seems to have all I really need. I've been reading the Koolance forums the past few days trying to see the users feedback and there seems to be quite a few problems concerning the boot problems.

But I'll probably end up buying it anyway because it seems to have all I need.. I'll probably just have to trust Koolance to fix the problems people seem to be having.
    Last edited by damunk; 05-12-2009 at 11:06 AM.

Hi,

Yeah, that is how I connected it, and I did switch over to "hardware" shutdown. Thank you for the ideas.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hi,

Yeah, that is how I connected it, and I did switch over to "hardware" shutdown. Thank you for the ideas.
    Are you sure you made everything correctly?

Hi,

I definitely connected the power switch that way, it is very similar to the t-balancer sensor hub. And it definitely shuts the computer down abruptly, so i pretty sure the automatic hardware shutdown works. But it only works when the program is fully loaded.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast