Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Asus/NCIX Competiton Entry - 2Chesapeakes

Xtreme Member
    nice to see you aren't killing anymore qx9650s, great results.

Xtreme Member
    Looking good bro, she got more left in her?
    Under the influence of being Over the Edge!

Doomsday Rig:
    TJ10ESA 1200w Zeus
    Evga 790i Ultra SLI
    Qx6700,6850,9650,9700 5.1ghz-5.4ghzDICE
    OCZ 9-9-9-28 1.8v 2000mhz 2x1gb
    Evga 9800gx2X2
    BFG Ultra OC X2
    150gb RaptorX6
    Areca 1220 Raid 0
    Xonar X2
    QuadBoot xp'z-VistaUlt'z

Quote Originally Posted by lesstutrey View Post
    nice to see you aren't killing anymore qx9650s, great results.
    Yeah three dead QX9650's was not a good start to my OCing Hobby. I since learned that stability does not always come from more Vcore

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianSupermn View Post
    Looking good bro, she got more left in her?
    I pretty sure if I could get my hands on some LN2 I could get more from the board / CPU. The temps on these processors are crazy. If I have a chance Saturday I will be picking up more DICE and see if Ican get a little more from it.

Xtreme Addict
    EXCELLENT clocks!
    I actually found that LN2 was a LOT harder to work with than DICE, especially with this board and its pwm's relatively horrible transient load balancing. a better buck would produce better LN2 results, but for my chip on R2E LN2 brought down the voltage threshold.
    For clocking LN2 is relatively useless, if not acually a bit annoying to deal with in this combo. IMO the only place it's helpful is in Vantage; that's some CRAZY swing.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    2peakes that's one sick i7 you got there buddy. Keep pushing.

Banned
    Dude, that is a sick clock on your chip....keep pushin it!!

Very good d-ice results. Looks like that chip will be your friend (and you desreve it after killing all those qx cpus, but one learns as one goes )
    Given time to tinker, you might get it stable and good for a few screenies at even higher speeds. D-ice seems to be doing really well with the core i7s.

Sorry to hear about your son, and endlessly happy he's ok.

Banned
    BTW, what happened that he had to go to the ER?

Administrator
    Great Job 2peakes, keep on rocking

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2chesapeakes View Post
    I pretty sure if I could get my hands on some LN2 I could get more from the board / CPU. The temps on these processors are crazy. If I have a chance Saturday I will be picking up more DICE and see if Ican get a little more from it.
    Do you have a dewar? Both PraxAir and AirGas have dewar rental programs for 80L and bigger dewars where they deliver right to your door. LN2 is less costly this way also. Before I was paying $85 to fill my 60L dewar now I pay $125 for 240L!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slovnaft View Post
    EXCELLENT clocks!
    I actually found that LN2 was a LOT harder to work with than DICE, especially with this board and its pwm's relatively horrible transient load balancing. a better buck would produce better LN2 results, but for my chip on R2E LN2 brought down the voltage threshold.
    For clocking LN2 is relatively useless, if not acually a bit annoying to deal with in this combo. IMO the only place it's helpful is in Vantage; that's some CRAZY swing.
    So it sound like I can save a little bit of money and wait for the 975 to be released instead of buying a Dewar. I have also had the board shut down on cold bug when I was using an F1E for dice. I let the CPU sit too long and it would shut down. When I tried to power back up I was only getting .5V on the CPU Vcore. I actually increased the Vcore to keep from cold bugging and not because the CPU needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by chuchnit View Post
    2peakes that's one sick i7 you got there buddy. Keep pushing.
    Hopefully I can get this upcoming weekend to push it harder but I have my nephews Bday on Saturday so it may be a short benching day. The wife would not understand if I told her I had to bench and not attend the party.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly_Boy View Post
    Dude, that is a sick clock on your chip....keep pushin it!!
    I think she has more left in her however I have spent hours just to get 10Mhz more out of the Bclk.

Quote Originally Posted by komadyret View Post
    Very good d-ice results. Looks like that chip will be your friend (and you desreve it after killing all those qx cpus, but one learns as one goes )
    Given time to tinker, you might get it stable and good for a few screenies at even higher speeds. D-ice seems to be doing really well with the core i7s.

Sorry to hear about your son, and endlessly happy he's ok.
    I think I can get it stable if I can get the heat under control. I've seen a delta of almost 35C + from Dice pot temp to CPU temp and I am confident I had a very good mount on the pot.

BTW, what happened that he had to go to the ER?
    The doctor thought he had appendisitis and decided to have him brought to the ER for blood test and cat scan. Fortunatly it was a false alarm however we spent most of the day waiting for the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    Great Job 2peakes, keep on rocking
    Thanks Buckeye I have seen your results from your bench session and they are nothing less than impressive.

Do you have a dewar? Both PraxAir and AirGas have dewar rental programs for 80L and bigger dewars where they deliver right to your door. LN2 is less costly this way also. Before I was paying $85 to fill my 60L dewar now I pay $125 for 240L!!
    In my area they are not allowed to deliver to residential areas. I have spoken with them and they have a 30l they loan out however they were unsure where it was or what customer had it. I plan on calling them again to see if they located the dewar. One of my biggest issues is the big temp swings with the dry ice. If I could hold a tighter temp range I think I could get even higher.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2chesapeakes View Post
    In my area they are not allowed to deliver to residential areas. I have spoken with them and they have a 30l they loan out however they were unsure where it was or what customer had it. I plan on calling them again to see if they located the dewar. One of my biggest issues is the big temp swings with the dry ice. If I could hold a tighter temp range I think I could get even higher.
    We should talk. I am thinking of selling my 60L pressurized dewar as my room is now 5 steps away from where the 240L dewar lives. Email me or pm me on 411.
    Last edited by Philly_Boy; 03-24-2009 at 10:41 AM.

Xtreme Member
    nice runs... now get to it.... i know you can do better :P
    This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine..

Banned
    I'll bet he's sandbagging a few runs for when others post better results....

Xtreme Member
    We should talk. I am thinking of selling my 60L pressurized dewar as my room is now 5 steps away from where the 240L dewar lives. Email me or pm me on 411.
    what does a 60L go for?

@2Chesapeakes - Keep pushin it! I wish i could join you guys but i dont have the funds for an i7 setup atm.
    24/7 =

I will hit you up over at 411. I just need to review some finance I have a (2) trips and taxes I have to prepare for and the wife won't let me out of the trips.

Quote Originally Posted by punx223 View Post
    nice runs... now get to it.... i know you can do better :P
    With motivation like this the wife will hate me this weekend. I will be hiding in the basement, then go to the Bday party, and then hide out in the basement again.
    Come to think of it maybe sitting in a 40C basement is the reason I can not get rid of this cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Mpetrosino View Post
    what does a 60L go for?

@2Chesapeakes - Keep pushin it! I wish i could join you guys but i dont have the funds for an i7 setup atm.
    Thanks I will keep pushing. Are you from the NY area? One of the contractors on my project has the same first initial and last name.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast