Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to buy D12SL-12

I am Xtreme-ly Unemployed
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    what kind of options do you have? Any different color options than blue and black?
    They'll do the blue, black, and clear plastics for us without requiring huge quantities and have said that, if the quantity is high enough, they'll do whatever color we want (red, green, etc.). Aside from that, there are various LED color options, a couple different hub support designs, and a couple different blade designs. Never gave us the option of open-cornered frames, though...

I will be honest, I still do not trust you after seeing video of you dunking all your stock in Fluid XP under full load to see if you could break 3dmark06 records with immersed components . . . .I just do not think you are all there bud
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LOUISSSSS View Post
    so is it confirmed that Jab-Tech's High Speed 120x25mm Yate loons have the larger motor and that they are the only type of YL High speed fan sold (either by PTS or JT?
    The ones examined and tested on OCF showed them to be the same.

Axis
    QX6700 @ 3.5
    DFI LP LT X48
    TRUE
    2x2gig Corsair Domms PC2 8500
    EVGA 8800GTS (G92) @700/1000
    CM690 (HAF 932 under construction)
    OCZ 600W

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    no love 4 Hank?
    http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=22035
    open corners and sleeved
    sourced to use 80mm fan motors DB. (meh, i was meaning the non led versions, i dont know about the LED versions).

Avoid open corner non led yates tho.

thats probably why john got rid of all of them.

Petra's DSL's are probably the best. And this was last tested earily this year. Was shown to be identical to nexus fans, and slightly different from jab-tech's fans.
    (but there both great fans, i use both jab-tech's DSH's and petras DSL's).

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.p...18#post5993018

Sidewinders, PPC, and Frozencpu and jab-tech i believe have the same yate dealer, alex (petra) is the odd ball in the vendor catigory.

However john can be carrying the 901's now as he probably goes though more yates then petra's does.

Only problem is petra's goes though DSL's very fast, so you need to make sure you get them when there in stock. (and yes there in stock!)

Petra's yate dealor is different from all the other vendors dealers, so.. thats why his yates are slightly different.
    Last edited by NaeKuh; 03-19-2009 at 12:01 PM.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Xtreme Member
    Glad saw this before I orderd.

Petra: Just ordered some from you minutes ago. Do have once question. Do you ever get the 120x20mm yates?

Thanks

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by axis View Post

Axis
    I'd put good money down saying they're not the same in the end....simple voltage vs. RPM testing should shed some light without needing any special equipment

I could be wrong....but judging by how different they are across the rest of the line, I can't see the SH being the same

SHs weren't the same when I tested previously, that's for sure.

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by axis View Post

Axis
    check my link, the newest one says its not.

But as i said, john can be carrying the 901's. (production date 2009 January) <--- kinda reminds me of CAT Drivers.

It comes down to the model number, if in doubt, just email john or alex, there extremely helpful and friendly.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

I am Xtreme-ly Unemployed
    Quote Originally Posted by NJHC View Post
    Glad saw this before I orderd.

Petra: Just ordered some from you minutes ago. Do have once question. Do you ever get the 120x20mm yates?

Thanks
    We could get some with our next order but would have to order at least a case or two... what are you guys using 'em for that requires such a small difference in thickness?
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
    We could get some with our next order but would have to order at least a case or two... what are you guys using 'em for that requires such a small difference in thickness?
    I don't think most will not use them. I needed some for a build that I have that needs a few thinner fans for tight spot.

Keep an eye on my build log and you'll see what/why I need them for.

Xtreme Member
    Petra
    I bought D12SM-12 from PTS.
    my Scythe KAZE MASTER monitoring max 1440RPM
    IMO it's not 70.5 CFM, where the difference between SM and SL?
    Last edited by Factotum; 03-20-2009 at 02:01 AM.

Banned
    i got my YL 120x25mm Low Speed fans from NCIXUS.com today. They were red blade/black frame. The motor did have a hum to it. defiantly louder motor than the High Speed 120mm YL's i just got from JT.

They came semi-sleeved (no zip tie or heatshrink at the ends) at least, in a box, with 3->4 pin adapter + fan screws.

guess i'll stick to the YL High speed fans everywhere from now on.

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Factotum View Post
    Petra
    I bought D12SM-12 from PTS.
    my Scythe KAZE MASTER monitoring max 1440RPM
    IMO it's not 70.5 CFM, where the difference between SM and SL?
    I've never found much of a difference between SL and SM in terms of airflow/RPM

(ignore the red/yellow/green coding and letter grades, this image is from a thread a couple years ago....grades are subjective noise and the colors were whether or not I was going to use them in my build)

Xtreme Member
    thx Vapor
    YT like roulette

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I second the Petra's curve bladed fans. The slight curve to the blades makes a measurable difference in how much pressure they can produce.

A least the few I've played with have, RPM per RPM the curve bladed fans performed better.

Quote Originally Posted by jab-tech View Post
    The whole knock off thing is BS, I have proof including shipping documents on where my fans orignate. If they were knock off, and I have been selling them for over 4 years I am confident they would have sued me and the distributor into oblivion by now.
    +X I just received replacement H models from jab-tech and they are the same as the ones I bought previously from Petras. Both e-tailers are great to purchase from.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I just took apart a D12SL that I bought mit-2008 at aquatuning.de. It seems to be a mix of the Jab-Tech and PTS Yates. It has a big motor but the motor has a different color. The fan blade design looks like the Jab-Techs though

I think Yate Loon has different production plants and depending on where you order you get fans from a different factory. Since factories were probably built at different times slight modifications to the design might have been made to cut costs, like the different motors (smaller motor = lower cost).

PS: No photos atm since my camera is broken

Banned
    is there a red led yate medium yate i can get ?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    If you like red, then you should consider the red & black Enermax Magma (1500 RPM @12V), it's the best fan I've ever had. It pretty much has no bearing noise, and no clicking whatsoever (I have 11 of these from 4 different dealers). At ~500 RPM all my Noctuas, Yate Loons, Scythes (S-Flex and Slipstream) and my Papst pale in comparison to this fan
    It starts at 3V, but at 3.5V it still runs at 600-650 RPM, so you need a good fan controller if you want to run it very low.

It's also pretty cheap and comes with maybe the best silicone grommets I've ever had, soft but still durable (unlike the great Xthermal ones that are soft but break pretty often).

Enermax needs to release this fan in a 1200 RPM version, that would be a great all-round fan.
    Last edited by Nickel020; 03-22-2009 at 06:05 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
    I would have ordered 2-4 20mm 120's/140's on my last order if you had them. They are the only fans that fit under the mesh of a CM690 case, and do help slightly in some tight spots for me personally

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12