Thread: Need specs on lost screw...

Xtreme Member

Need specs on lost screw...

I was just installing my DD 4870X2 block and removed the bracket from the card, and lost the single screw. I know it doesn't matter a lot, but I'm kinda anal about things like that. Just for clarity, what I'm talking about is:

Chasing After Diety
    pardon me for asking, because i have the DD block, but why did you remove that screw?

If im looking at this picture correctly, and that is a X2, then that should be the screw that holds the PCI holder and u most definitely didnt have to remove that on the stock sink.

Or do you mean the 2 small screws that screwed onto the PCI holder?
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Xtreme Mentor
    I bet it's the same thread as any other PCI slot mount to the PCI card itself. Pull one off another PCI card and try it, bet it fits. Prolly a accepted standard thread.
    All stock for now, no need for more, but it's gonna be soon methinks.
    Giga Xtreme 58 mobo i7 965 ES D0 step Corsair 1600 6 gig
    SLI GTX470 EVGA
    EK HF nickle blue top CPU block (free from Eddie)
    Koolance 470 waterblocks
    One big loop, two 120x3 rads. Pa 120.3 and XSPC RX 120x3. Swiftech 35x pump with V2 restop. GT AP15 fans.
    Banchetto Tech Station
    120 GB SSD, and a few other drives.
    1000W UltraX3 PSU, 900 watt (1500VA UPS
    23.999" Acer GD235hz and 24" Acer H243H

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NaeKuh View Post
    pardon me for asking, because i have the DD block, but why did you remove that screw?

If im looking at this picture correctly, and that is a X2, then that should be the screw that holds the PCI holder and u most definitely didnt have to remove that on the stock sink.

Or do you mean the 2 small screws that screwed onto the PCI holder?
    Quite correct, that's an X2. As for why I removed it...in order to tighten down the card from the back, I lay the card acrylic side down. The bracket, however, was taller than the card, so prevented me from laying the card down flat. So I removed the bracket, installed the card, and reattached the bracket, minus a single screw.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathWalking View Post
    Quite correct, that's an X2. As for why I removed it...in order to tighten down the card from the back, I lay the card acrylic side down. The bracket, however, was taller than the card, so prevented me from laying the card down flat. So I removed the bracket, installed the card, and reattached the bracket, minus a single screw.
    next time you install a block just put the block on a thick book, this should clear the pci bracket

just get out an old pci card and use one of the screws on the bracket of this card
    Core i7 2600k|HD 6950|8GB RipJawsX|2x 128gb Samsung SSD 830 Raid0|Asus Sabertooth P67
    Seasonic X-560|Corsair 650D|2x WD Red 3TB Raid1|WD Green 3TB|Asus Xonar Essence STX

Core i3 2100|HD 7770|8GB RipJawsX|128gb Samsung SSD 830|Asrock Z77 Pro4-M
    Bequiet! E9 400W|Fractal Design Arc Mini|3x Hitachi 7k1000.C|Asus Xonar DX

Dell Latitude E6410|Core i7 620m|8gb DDR3|WXGA+ Screen|Nvidia Quadro NVS3100
    256gb Samsung PB22-J|Intel Wireless 6300|Sierra Aircard MC8781|WD Scorpio Blue 1TB

Harman Kardon HK1200|Vienna Acoustics Brandnew|AKG K240 Monitor 600ohm|Sony CDP 228ESD

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathWalking View Post
    ahh next time you hang the pci over your desk or on top of a book like above, and lay the card flat.

i would check for ya, but i dont know how... i dont have something that could tell ya what screw it is.

Im also guessing its a standard pci screw.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.