Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Indian Space Researchers Claim Extraterrestrial Life Discovery

Xtreme Member
    they should think for their people instead of wasting the taxpayers money, blasting up to the space
    One could say the same for the US.
    Q6600 G0 L726A849 (3.8GHz 24/7)
    DFI LP UT P35-T2R
    4GB Mushkin
    HD5850
    Antec 750w
    X-Fi
    Dell 2407WFP
    Custom Water

Xtreme Guru
    Not really.
    You were not supposed to see this.

Xtreme Member
    Not really.
    How so? Last time I checked the US was about to enter a depression worse than the 1930's. Surely right now feeding people is more important than blasting a few rockets into space, or starting a new war?
    Q6600 G0 L726A849 (3.8GHz 24/7)
    DFI LP UT P35-T2R
    4GB Mushkin
    HD5850
    Antec 750w
    X-Fi
    Dell 2407WFP
    Custom Water

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOE View Post
    probably none, at least not complex enough to be considered an intelligent life form

mars is the only planet that could possibly support life besides earth, and outside our solar system even the top scientists are too lame to know anything for sure
    actually the highest chance for life as we know it in our solar system away from earth are the jupiter moons IO and europa afaik...

US space program is nothing compared to their military program, or lets say their "resource stealing" program in order to be more precise, if the US spend half of what they spend on wars we would probably have colonies on mars now
    you mean the us would have colonies on mars by now, and they would probably be at war over resources ^^ hahaha

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by xVeinx View Post
    There is no reason why these organisms couldn't have come from the earth below. The only possible mode of entry in the upper atmosphere would be via meteor, and that is highly unlikely since it gets super-heated upon entry, leaving the inner core the only portion undisturbed (which is not in contact with the atmo of course).
    its possible that a meteor bursts when hitting the athmosphere, the dust and grains could contain bacteria that then grow in the higher athmosphere... and it could also come from a comets dust that slowly gets attracted by earth after the comet passed earth... but yeah, thats rather unlikely...

Xtreme X.I.P.
    yes, i shouldnt poke the us government, its just as evil as others... well actually not exactly, but they are all about the same in the end

what documentary do you mean?
    ive seen a lot on tv and read a lot about it over the years
    both IO and EUROPA seem to have liquid water caused by the gravity of jumpiter literally squeezing the core of the planet so much it starts to heat up and melt, creating enough geo thermic energy to keep a vast part of the water on those moons liquid. at least thats the theory...

/dev/zero
    Those bacteria might have developed wings to fly up to the skies... and it's sooooo peaceful up there they'd never considered coming back down.
    Xtremesystems.org
    i7-4820K * ryba 2-stager + 1-stager * EVGA X79 Dark * 32G Team Xtreem 2666C11 * EVGA GTX 680 SC Sig. * Intel G2 80G * Corsair HX1000 * Lian Li PC-70B * Watercool Heatkiller, EK Fullcover/Backplate for GTX, MCP355 Dual Setup@Koolance RP-402X2, PA120.3+Alphacool 360, Tubing 16/10.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumba View Post
    How so? Last time I checked the US was about to enter a depression worse than the 1930's. Surely right now feeding people is more important than blasting a few rockets into space, or starting a new war?
    It's not like the US would have...
    - non-existant basic civil infrastructure
    - non-existant public health care
    - non-existant social care
    ...as India does.

India certainly is a giant in many aspects - it's almost what one would call a superpower, but it sure is severely underdeveloped.
    You were not supposed to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    its possible that a meteor bursts when hitting the athmosphere, the dust and grains could contain bacteria that then grow in the higher athmosphere... and it could also come from a comets dust that slowly gets attracted by earth after the comet passed earth... but yeah, thats rather unlikely...
    O rmaybe bacteria got hurled into the air during supervolcanoe eruprions or when a comet strikes the earth.

Live Long And Overclock
    Misleading title. The US is looking for life on Mars, India is looking for life on the underside of airplanes...WEAK.

Perkam

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by largon View Post
    ...as India does.

India certainly is a giant in many aspects - it's almost what one would call a superpower, but it sure is severely underdeveloped.
    India doesn't have any of the things you listed. and yes its underdeveloped. and underfunded which makes ISRO deserve a lot of credit for atleast TRYING with their moon mission,satellite launches and now this.
    Last edited by geo; 03-19-2009 at 10:02 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumba View Post
    One could say the same for the US.
    Not really.
    ...as India does.

And it would have nothing to do with colonialism or anything like that could it? And don't talk about social care and the US, it's still the most developed country with the most people living under the poverty line, and the most developed country with the highest illeteracy count. Public health care? Yeah thanks to the democrats, up till recently allot of children weren't even eligable.

Come on..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
    [SIZE="4"]Indian Space Researchers [/url]

GTFO!

This cannot be real.

Quote Originally Posted by Katanai View Post

GTFO!

This cannot be real.
    This can't be real too then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandrayaan-1

Live Long And Overclock
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhiren View Post
    This can't be real too then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandrayaan-1
    The US sent men to the moon and back 50 years ago. The pinnacle of space technology right now is the space station, not sending toasters to the moon.

Perkam

Quote Originally Posted by perkam View Post
    The US sent men to the moon and back 50 years ago. The pinnacle of space technology right now is the space station, not sending toasters to the moon.

Perkam
    I'm not comparing US space researchers to Indian space researchers. How many other countries have managed to send researchers on to the Moon. Does it mean they don't have space researchers.

Xtreme Member
    I hope they don't bring it down here. Though humans are pertty retarded at times, even the cleverest of us.

I mean lets face it, that's all we need, more super bacteria, who knows what the hell this new bacteria will do to us, animals, plants etc.

It doesn't take bacteria long to mutate and adapt to its new environment.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOMSDAY!!!! (Extreme I know, but isn't that the forum theme? :P)

RIG:
    M/B = Abit IX38 QuadGT (BIOS 12B02)
    CPU = E2140 @ 3.2Ghz (400x8) 1.325v - Thermalright Ultra 120
    RAM = 4GB Crucial ballistix 6400 4-4-4-12 with 2.1v
    G/C = 2x Club3D HD3870 xFire
    PSU = Enermax Liberty 620 Watt
    Storage = 2x Raptor's 150MB RAID 0 + 250GB Barracuda
    Optical = 2x DVD Writer/combo(SATA)
    Case = SilverStone TJ07
    Monitor = Samsung SyncMaster 226BW

Usefull Links:
    Abit IX38 QuadGT Thread
    IX38 latest Official BIOS - 12

Xtreme Enthusiast
    There's so much ignorance here, it's astonishing. Especially from the guy who scribbled "War, war, war". Stunning! It's not even worth getting into it here cause it would end in endless pages/post-lengths and would serve no purpose because it would a battle of knowledge against ignorance.

That aside, 40km is neither Outer Space, nor Extra-Terrestrial. I definately agree with the 'Sensationalism' post. The interesting thing is, on the 'Times Of India' (National Indian Newspaper) they never used the word 'Extra-Terrestrial' or 'Alien Life' so I don't know where the hell that came up from.

It's an interesting & challenging scientific find ... not anywhere close to anything 'Extra-Terrestrial' or 'Alien Life' though. That's just over-sensationalism.
    ~~ ++: Primary Rig :++ ~~

Alienware M17x-r2 [SPACE BLACK]
    Core i7-820QM | 17" 1200p RGBLED LCD | 8 GB DDR3-1333MHz | Dual 1GB Crossfire ATI 5870 | 1TB Raid 0 (2x 500GB 7200RPM HDDs) | Blu-ray Reader + DVD-DL Burner | Intel Ultimate N WiFi Link 6300 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | Alienware Messenger Bag | Razer Orochi Bluetooth

Xtreme Enthusiast
    saaya - I mean us (we) as HUMANS, I pretty much don't care about territorial/religious differences

about the jupiter moons - yep, I have also watched that documentary, but those moons are pretty far away, pretty small, pretty frozen and pretty dark

mars is the closest to us, has "Acceptable" temperatures, far more sunshine compared to the distant jupiter moons and also there seems to be a lot of frozen water
    Are you talking about acceptable to the life forms on earth (more specifically, humans)? or are you talking about acceptable to life period?

:Facepalm: Has nobody moved/deleted this yet.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    They spent 80mil on sending a probe to the moon? I would have just bought the old apollo rocket sitting in a museum.
    Aaron___________________________Wife________________________ HTPC
    intel i7 2600k_____________________AMD5000+ BE @ 3ghz___________AMD4850+ BE @ 2.5ghz
    stock cooling______________________CM Vortex P912_______________ Foxconn A7GM-S 780G
    AsRock Extreme 4_________________ GB GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G_______OCZ SLI 2gb PC6400
    4gb 1600 DDR3___________________ OCZ Plat 2GB PC6400___________Avermedia A180 HDTV tuner
    MSI 48901gb 950/999______________Tt Toughpower 600w___________ Saphire 4830
    Corsair HX620____________________ inwin allure case___________ ___ Coolmax 480w
    NZXT 410 Gunmetal________________Acer 23" 1080p________________ LiteOn BD player
    X2gen 22" WS
    ________________ ________________________________ nMediaPC 1000B case

Xtreme Enthusiast
    man, this is no discovery. I've had that bacteria growing on my feet for years now. Do i get a medal or Nobel Prize? They make great friends and can do your homework for you. j/k
    Last edited by CmB; 03-19-2009 at 08:43 AM.
    SOGOs > BOGOs

Xtreme Member
    Aha!!! so Neil Armstong did pee outside the space ship
    j/k

-tam2-

Banned

Perkam
    Small quote:

On November 14, 2008, the Moon Impact Probe separated from the Moon-orbiting Chandrayaan at 20:06 and impacted the lunar south pole in a controlled manner, making India the fourth country to place its flag on the Moon.
    Not bad is it

Offcourse this thread is nonsence as it's not extraterestrial if it's originates from earth ( as said, don't think comets would be the source of these organisms ). But India is doing pretty well and the people here coming in and pissing on it only show their own ignorance imo.

Xtreme Guru

Perkam
    US sent men to the moon based on the knowledge and passion of a German former nazi...

I really find irritating all this bashing about India (and any other country).

And i really didn't see an Indian coming to this thread and telling where was US thousand years ago when India had a great civilization...
    Project ZEUS II

Asus Rampage II Extreme
    Intel I7 920 D0 3930A @ 4.50GHz (21 X 214mhz)
    3 x 2GB G.Skill Trident 1600 @ 1716MHz (6-8-6-20-1N)
    2 x Asus HD 6870 CrossFire @ 1000/1100MHz
    OCZ Vertex 2 60GB | Intel X25-M 120GB | WD Velociraptor 150GB | Seagate FreeAgent XTreme 1.5TB esata
    Asus Xonar DX | Logitech Z-5500 | LG W2600HP 26" S-IPS LCD

Watercooling setup:
    1st loop -> Radiator: 2 x ThermoChill PA120.3 | Pump: Laing DDC-3.25 with Alphacool HF 38 top | CPU: Swiftech Apogee XT | Chipset: Swiftech MCW-NBMAX | Tubing: Masterkleer 1/2" UV
    2nd loop -> Radiator: ThermoChill PA120.3 | Pump: Laing DDC-3.2 with Alphacool HF 38 top | GPU: 2 x EK FC-6870 | Tubing: Masterkleer 1/2" UV

Assembled in Mountain Mods Ascension Trinity