Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Indian Space Researchers Claim Extraterrestrial Life Discovery

Live Long And Overclock
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBar View Post
    US sent men to the moon based on the knowledge and passion of a German former nazi...

I really find irritating all this bashing about India (and any other country).

And i really didn't see an Indian coming to this thread and telling where was US thousand years ago when India had a great civilization...
    I don't mind Indians doing space research, just stop blowing things out of proportion.

The title is herrendously misleading.

Perkam

Xtreme Cruncher
    BOOO! I thought they actually found something interesting.........
    i3-8100 | GTX 970
    Ryzen 5 1600 | RX 580
    Assume nothing; Question everything

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LUCI5R View Post
    There's so much ignorance here, it's astonishing. Especially from the guy who scribbled "War, war, war". Stunning! It's not even worth getting into it here cause it would end in endless pages/post-lengths and would serve no purpose because it would a battle of knowledge against ignorance.

That aside, 40km is neither Outer Space, nor Extra-Terrestrial. I definately agree with the 'Sensationalism' post. The interesting thing is, on the 'Times Of India' (National Indian Newspaper) they never used the word 'Extra-Terrestrial' or 'Alien Life' so I don't know where the hell that came up from.

It's an interesting & challenging scientific find ... not anywhere close to anything 'Extra-Terrestrial' or 'Alien Life' though. That's just over-sensationalism.
    QFT

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
    Indian Space Researchers Claim Extraterrestrial Life Discovery

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=14601
    lol, actually this is not the whole true story and this story seems to give a different idea. This is what i have seen and heard on the news. BTW I am from India so the national news channels did cover this story.

"Indian weather balloon discovered bacteria living quite successfully in harsh environment and many scientists claim that this discovery just goes to prove that alien life exists else where in our solar system as well."

Let me be clear neither several scientists of several nations nor ISRO claim that the bacteria is of a extraterrestrial nature. Such a prognoses "That life can exist in harsh environments" has been done several time useing yellow stone park, active volcano's, etc.

Even the longest journey begins with the first step.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123