Thread: corsair xms2 pc6400c5 4x2 gig

corsair xms2 pc6400c5 4x2 gig

hi i have 8 gigs of corsair xms2 pc6400c5 ver 4.2ram.i want to know what are the safest volts to use and roughly how these would overclock.i have a gigabyte p35c ds3r rev 1 motherboard and q6600 cpu.

thanks

asifqabil

bump

Corsair Rep
    Please give us time to respond before bumping threads. There is a time difference.

Do not exceed 2.1v with these modules. As for OCing, you may have a difficult time on a P35 chipset OCing with 4 modules due to the load on the memory controller. You'll need to increase your memory controller voltage. The only way to know is for you to set the BIOS and test for stability.
    Yes, Yellowbeard, a tall rough man with a big yellow beard

ok, sorry for the bump...thanx.
    i have tried but no luck, what exact settings do i need ?.

thanx

Corsair Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
    Please give us time to respond before bumping threads. There is a timeDo not exceed 2.1v with these modules. As for OCing, you may have a difficult time on a P35 chipset OCing with 4 modules due to the load on the memory controller. You'll need to increase your memory controller voltage. The only way to know is for you to set the BIOS and test for stability.
    There are no exact settings for the memory controller voltage as it can vary from board to board. You will need to test this for yourself. You can try 1-4 steps above the stock setting.

The memory requires 2.1v.
    Yes, Yellowbeard, a tall rough man with a big yellow beard