Thread: New V3 Absolute pump bracket...

Xtreme Enthusiast

New V3 Absolute pump bracket...

Check it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V3.jpg 
Views:	400 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	96365  

Xtreme Enthusiast
    are the slots the only difference?
    Current Project: City of Light, (sortof) Updated 3/25 - A New Arrival

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yes the slotted top is the only difference. This is a minor revision to make the 3G and Absolute more compatible with the aftermarket tops that have come out since I first designed these brackets. These revisions should fit most of the tops out there with the exception of Detroit's top. With the big recess in his top it is extremely difficult to design a bracket that will be a universal bracket and also fit his top. My 360 bracket at PPC's will fit his top as well as the very limited custom machined tops available at Petra's. I hope these revisions will help you guys and girls be able to mount whatever you want easier than before.
    i7 970 4.0 Ghz 1.325v // Asus P6X58D Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit // 12gb Corsair Dominators // 2- GTX 580 Hydrocoppers in SLI// 2-OCZ Vertex 2 Raid//128Gb Corsair SSD (Temp Storage) // Custom Wall Mount Case // Corsair 1000W // SyncMaster 2433BW // Dual loops 2-laing 355's each with XSPC dual top // (UN) 3G Brackets & X-Brackets // Swiftech Apogee XT // 2 x 120.3 & 2 x 120.2 Swiftech Rads//

Wall Mount Build Log: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=242186
    MM Extended Ascension Build Log:http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=212236[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

I am Xtreme
    ei dave

got new stands/bracket for the laing 3.25? or the koolance pmp400?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well I don't have a 3.25 yet but looking at the pictures I would say you would take out the two screws, get slightly longer ones and screw them thru the slots. There is probably a more elegant way but like I said I have not personally seen the 3.25 yet.
    i7 970 4.0 Ghz 1.325v // Asus P6X58D Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit // 12gb Corsair Dominators // 2- GTX 580 Hydrocoppers in SLI// 2-OCZ Vertex 2 Raid//128Gb Corsair SSD (Temp Storage) // Custom Wall Mount Case // Corsair 1000W // SyncMaster 2433BW // Dual loops 2-laing 355's each with XSPC dual top // (UN) 3G Brackets & X-Brackets // Swiftech Apogee XT // 2 x 120.3 & 2 x 120.2 Swiftech Rads//

Wall Mount Build Log: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=242186
    MM Extended Ascension Build Log:http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=212236[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Xtreme Batrachian
    Quote Originally Posted by armeniandave View Post
    Well I don't have a 3.25 yet but looking at the pictures I would say you would take out the two screws, get slightly longer ones and screw them thru the slots. There is probably a more elegant way but like I said I have not personally seen the 3.25 yet.
    The DDC 3.2 "bottom" assembly has two... hmmmm... don't know the English word for this concept, bummer...

Anyway, if you look @ the bottom, you'll see that there are two holes. These can be threaded with an M4 tap. That's the way I've been mounting my DDCs.

Thread those holes (they're not just holes, they have a pipe behind), and screw decouplers there. The ones most watercooling shops have available are M4 as well, so it's a match made in heaven.

If the DDC 3.25 bottom is the same (but without the optional "wings"), you could just make 4.4 mm holes to align with these on the existing mounting strip of the pump bracket, and bolt the DDC to it.

Edit: Or use the new revision of the bracket, of course. Maybe you can make the new "mounting strip" available separately to retrofit on the existing brackets?
    Last edited by MrToad; 03-15-2009 at 01:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fart_plume View Post
    First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.