Thread: New phenomina, tiny bubbles around lip of reservoir output

Xtreme Addict

New phenomina, tiny bubbles around lip of reservoir output

**Edit** Yes... Epic spelling mistake in the title, too much coffee not enough sleep!!

The res goes straight down to the the XSPC DDC3.2 top's inlet.

I used the stock EK barbs (EK res 150). I also have the anticyclone.

Basically, on the lip of that barb (on the EK res) there's quite a bit of tiny bubbles. And even with the pump intaking air from there, they seem to stay put pretty well. I can see a couple "spinning" if you will from the suction. But they're not being sucked into the pump or anything.

The tube is secured with a hose clamp very firmly.

Are these bubbles forming along the lip a sign of something bad? Or just something I never experienced with my Swiftech MCRES?

Sorry for the silly question, but I've never heard anyone have this happen before. Cheers!

I've had a few tiny bubbles hang on to the edges of barbs before.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Addict
    Good to hear I'm not alone in this.

This is probably completely paranoid, but I figured maybe it had to do with my hose clamps being too tight.

It's tygon 3603 around the EK barbs with standard non-liner clamps from PPCS.

I figured that since this tygon is so well revered and expensive it should be able to get tightened down a lot without getting cut through (I used Masterkleer in the past and used wide band clamps with liners).

Right now it's tight enough that the tubing completely conforms around the lip, the clamp itself being fitted just under the lip.
    Feeling with my fingers around the lip you can tell it's on there really tight though.

Too tight?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoffey View Post
    yeah,,happens all the time from what you describe, but pics would be nice

andyc
    No camera decent enough to possibly show the bubbles.

But I can tell you they're VERY small except for a couple which are a bit bigger, but still small.

Counting from one side I can see about 20 bubbles. So unless they all happen to be right there, I'd say there's probably ~50 or so in total. Just teeny tiny bubbles though. Maybe 1/2 cm up and down along the barb (not 1/2 cm size bubbles mind you).

Sorry if that makes no sense, it's really hard to put this into words. I need to invest in a real camera.

How long has it been running?
    The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Member
    Happened to me yesterday when I set up my loop, just let it run for 4-5 hours until all the bubbles were out of it.

Xtreme Addict
    Approximately one month.

Although just earlier today I filled up my res (water level had dropped a bit more than I wanted).
    That's when I noticed all these bubbles.

So to be honest I can't really say if they just got there after I filled up the res, or if they've been there since day one.

I'm somewhat inclined to say since I filled the res however, because with my paranoia I would think I'd have noticed sooner.

But again, I don't know for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhors2 View Post
    Happened to me yesterday when I set up my loop, just let it run for 4-5 hours until all the bubbles were out of it.
    Interesting. Not that I don't believe you or am trying to be belittling, but the bubbles were around the lip of the barbs right? Not just bubbles in the loop in general.

Check it in a few days just to see if they go away. I had most of mine disappear eventually disappear except for a couple that were there for 6 months until I drained the loop.
    The Cardboard Master

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
    Check it in a few days just to see if they go away. I had most of mine disappear eventually disappear except for a couple that were there for 6 months until I drained the loop.
    Yea, sounds like they probably formed when I was tilting the res to fill it all the way up.

I'll check again periodically and see how it goes. I suspect you're absolutely right and it's not a problem though.

Thanks.

Xtreme Member
    Yeah, just to respond they were right around where the barbs were.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhors2 View Post
    Yeah, just to respond they were right around where the barbs were.
    Thanks for following up!

Well my minds been put at ease (for now). I suppose I'll get back to you gentlemen in the near future if the bubbles never go away.

Thanks!