Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats everyone's take on the MCR320 here?

Banned

Whats everyone's take on the MCR320 here?

reason asking is that i never see anyone talk about it or recommend it. isn't it one of the best bang/buck radiators on the market?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by LOUISSSSS View Post

reason asking is that i never see anyone talk about it or recommend it. isn't it one of the best bang/buck radiators on the market?
    The entire MCR series is a great bang for the buck and easy to fit in a case, they are great and all I use.
    AMD Phenom II BE, ASUS Crosshair II formula, 8gb ddr2 800, 470 SLI, PC P&C 750, arcera RAID, 4x OCZ Vertex2, 2x samsung 7200 1tb, HT Omega Clario +

Xtreme Addict
    Yep, best price/perfromance rads on the market, especially now when you consider the stackable ones.

PI in the face
    works great here, CPU only loop lol
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Actually I see it recommended almost daily on these forums, and even have seen at least one other thread asking the exact same question.

The answer from all members that posted in that thread was a resounding "Best bang for the buck radiator available."

Xtreme Addict
    Yes its an excellent radiator.
    ^^^^^All shaken, (from the earthquake) not stirred^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    There's a lot less voodoo in watercooling than is assumed
    The only thing future proof in electronics, is the electricity itself.

Any one who relies on only one source of information is a fool.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yep, I'm so impressed with Swiftech products that I'll be buying a 240 rad and possible even stack it. 360 + stacked 240 yum yum

I Are DuneCat
    I Controls The Spice
    I Controls The Universe

Cooler Master ATCS 840 | Corsair HX 520W | Asus P5Q Pro | Q9550 | HD4870 | Corsair Dominator 4GB PC8500 |
    D-Tek FuZion v2 - EK RES 150 - Swiftech MCR-220/320 - Swiftech MCW-60 - DDC 3.2 + Petra's Top

Xtreme Addict
    Soon as i get a triple Swiftech rad im dropping my TC pa120.3.
    Im just glad i paid only 90 bucks for it.
    If i would have paid the standard 129 or 139 bucks for it i would have been really pissed.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Best bang for buck rad on the market and I'm sure we'll be seeing the value of the stackable versions once people start to use them.

Banned
    i have an MCR320 and i didn't realize that the fins were so damn fragile and thin. and bendable.

are all radiators like this?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by LOUISSSSS View Post
    i have an MCR320 and i didn't realize that the fins were so damn fragile and thin. and bendable.

are all radiators like this?

Yes they are designed to be thin for cooling.
    Automotive radiators and condensors are the same as well.

Banned
    what would happen if i dropped a screwdriver on it =x
    lol

Xtreme Addict
    Try not to do that
    They are easy to straighten with a pin or even a toothpick.
    Just be patient and take your time if you have bent fins

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    I( have one thats been cooling a 8 core clover since August 2007 without any issues.
    For the money it can't be beat.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Member
    It's not one of the best, it's best price/performance rad on the market

Engineering The Xtreme
    It sticks right there within 5-10% of the thermochill across all fans and with medium speed yates the thermochill is only 3.7% better!

my favorite rad hands down for the normal speed fans

I run a q6600 @ 3.2GHz 1.45v (not so good as far as Q6600 goes) and a 4870. Load temps with both going is high 40's on the 4870 and low 50's on the CPU in a semi warm room.

It is a good radiator.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Mentor
    The regular mcr320 is an awesome radiator at $50, but the new stackable one is way overpriced at $78. All these people who voted for the extra (fleebay fittings) will probably not buy the 2nd radiator anyways, leaving those buying the radiator with fittings they don't want and money wasted.

It was a big mistake to add those fittings in there and bump up the price near thermochill-xspc-feser level. Now the option is do I buy a 2nd radiator or maybe just pickup 1 xspc instead.
    Asus P6T, I7-920, 6gb ocz xmp, 4890, Raid 0-1 Terabyte, full watercooled - Triple Loop 5 radiators

Quote Originally Posted by hotdun View Post
    Best bang for buck rad on the market and I'm sure we'll be seeing the value of the stackable versions once people start to use them.
    Huge +1 on that.

I installed my Swiftech MCR 320 Stackable on to my MCR320-QP-K night before last. I'm thrilled with the results so far. I only have three fans on the sandwich right now, and I'll have nine on it when I'm done, but right now my temps have dropped 5 C at idle and 8 C when loaded. Also impressive is the fact that my flow rate did not drop AT ALL after installing the stackable. I had exactly one GPM prior to adding the second, and that's what I have now. I believe this is because the second radiator runs in parallel instead of series, but I'll leave that up to the more knowledgeable peeps around here to explain.

Gabe mentioned in another thread that this is a limited run of the stackable rads to test the market, so you might want to snap them up fast in case he decides to discontinue them after this run.

Xtreme Addict
    It performs well, is cheap and has 15mm fan spacing.
    Sure the the TC one performs a tad better, but you can get two mcr for the same price and won't have to hack up a case with fan spacing no other rad will ever use.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    There seems to be plenty of people reccomending these rads.

I have three MCR320's and a 240 in my current rig and they are
    Working great. Definately worth the money.
    i7 970 4.0 Ghz 1.325v // Asus P6X58D Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit // 12gb Corsair Dominators // 2- GTX 580 Hydrocoppers in SLI// 2-OCZ Vertex 2 Raid//128Gb Corsair SSD (Temp Storage) // Custom Wall Mount Case // Corsair 1000W // SyncMaster 2433BW // Dual loops 2-laing 355's each with XSPC dual top // (UN) 3G Brackets & X-Brackets // Swiftech Apogee XT // 2 x 120.3 & 2 x 120.2 Swiftech Rads//

Wall Mount Build Log: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=242186
    MM Extended Ascension Build Log:http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=212236[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie3dfx View Post
    The regular mcr320 is an awesome radiator at $50, but the new stackable one is way overpriced at $78. All these people who voted for the extra (fleebay fittings) will probably not buy the 2nd radiator anyways, leaving those buying the radiator with fittings they don't want and money wasted.

It was a big mistake to add those fittings in there and bump up the price near thermochill-xspc-feser level. Now the option is do I buy a 2nd radiator or maybe just pickup 1 xspc instead.
    For every opinion there's always an opposite. I did use the included fittings, but I don't keep much in the way of spare WC hardware laying around. Fans, wiring, old hard drives, monitors, more fans, old mobos, CPU's... yup, I have all of them in stock, but for WCi'ing, the only spare things I keep on hand are tubing, distilled water, and coolant additive.

My whole loop is 3/8" tubing, so I had to run to Home Depot to get the 1/2" tubing I needed for the install. The stackable includes everything you need for installation except the tubing. That's pretty handy, and if it means having to pay a couple extra bucks for it, I'm in.

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie3dfx View Post

also you have to keep in mind this was a short run of production to test the market for the stackables, If people buy these out quick then they will become the standard model (or at least IMO they should)

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I'm using a Cooltek Maxistream (same as the Swiftech MCR320) for 2.5 years in a rig now (bought it for 50€ back then) and I'm very pleased with it (also have the Cooltek Exstream dual rad (= MCR220), for which I didn't even pay 30€ back then, very nice deal for that one.
    Rig #1
    Gigabyte P67A-UD4 trying to figure out this POS board
    2600k @ ?????
    2x2Gb GSkill RipJaws-X 1333 (7-7-7-21)
    ATI 5850
    Coba Nitrox 750W
    Watercooled with HK 3.0 CU, Watercool GPU-X³ 5870 Nickel, PA120.3, Laing Ultra with XSPC top

Rig #2
    DFI UT P35-T2R (0317 bios)
    E8200 @ 4000 (1.216V) / 4100 (1.248V) / 4200 (1.296V) / 4300 (1.344V)
    2x2Gb Chaintech Apogee GT PC2-8500
    Powercolor 4870
    Corsair 520HX
    Watercooled with HK 3.0 CU, EK-FC4870, Feser tripple, Laing Ultra pump

Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    I've got Supermicro boards that lasted longer than one of my marriages!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    The funny thing is, my very first watercooling setup included two MCR320's. I can't tell you how many times I heard people say things like XXX double thickness rad is 4X better and you get what you pay for. I also had several people recommend to me that my D5 pump wasn't enough pumping power to push through those two radiators. Unfortunately, that was all very BAD information and plain wrong.

I was a bit suprised when my MCR320 performed within 5-15% of this same so call 4X better (you get what you pay for radiator).

We like slow speed fans and the trend will probably go further that direction. Unfortunately with very limited air flow, the specific heat of air is a brick wall when it comes to more radiator thickness. The air's ability to remove heat is simply used up for the most part on these slim style rads to get much of anything more on extra thickness designs..There's a little bit but very little optimizing left. A design would be far better off by widening the overall width than going extra thickness...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast