1 5.88%
  • No, more space for cooling > saving space

4 23.53%
  • No, i need more pci/pciE slots

1 5.88%

Thread: mATX Feedback

Xtreme X.I.P.

mATX Feedback

Can you imagine your next board to be mATX?
    Let me know what you guys think!
    Last edited by saaya; 03-08-2009 at 07:37 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I build them all the time for my friends as HTPC and to build a PC with a small footprint. Most of the people I build them for will never even open the case once its built so no question of them ever upgrading them.
    24/7 PC CoolerMaster CM690 + 7 fans(its HOT as HELL in Shanghai) Intel Xeon E3 1230 3.3-3.7Ghz, 2x8GB DDR3 1600 G-Skill, HD GT630 2GB, Scandisk Pro 256SSD 2x2TB Green, 2x 3TB WD Green Data Drives. HTPC Q8400, EP45 UD3L 4x1GB Gskill6400, 1xWD Black 640GB,2x2TB WD Green, 2xWD 1TB Blue(RAID1), Sapphire 4530 512MB,

Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.

Mitch Ratcliffe, U.S. technology journalist and blogger

Assistant Administrator systemviper's Avatar
    I see you are thinking about the new Asus release, the Matx rampage. I like it, everything is getting smaller but that doesn't mean that our horsepower needs are shrinking. I am currentl;y building a Media Center and would love a Matx for it, but I will just have to settle for the Bloodrage, lol, I think it's a good idea...
    HWbot - Team: XtremeSystems
    XS cruncher - Team: XtremeSystems
    OCN Feedback
    HEAT

*** Being kind is sometimes better then being right.

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    I LAN far too much, so I'd love to see mATX boards that don't require you to accept a reduction in functionality or OC ability.
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

Xtreme X.I.P.
    viper, no, actually we were thinking about this before, when dfi anounced their x58 matx... actually even before that...
    but so far we always decided against it since we werent sure if there is really demand for it, and that litle demand there is, will most likely be taken by dfi...
    but i will forward the results of this poll to my colleagues and we will see