Thread: Any clues about a Shuttle SG31G2 vdroop mod?

Xtreme Member

Any clues about a Shuttle SG31G2 vdroop mod?

I have a Shuttle SG31G2 ( not the revision 2 ) and I was wondering if anyone knows or might know how to go about a vdroop mod.

IF anyone needs any info to help me out on this please let me know what info you need and I'll get it to you.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by ceemic View Post
    What board it uses?
    FG31 V1.0
    Last edited by WARDOZER9; 02-03-2010 at 06:25 AM.
    Currently playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat with Misery 2.1.1 and being miserable the entire time.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    What board it uses?
    Vmods - what can possibly go wrong? ©

IT Engineer in the making
    First of all: Why are you concerned about Vdroop?
    Quote from one of our professors:
    "Reality is hiding in the imaginary part."

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by celemine1Gig View Post
    First of all: Why are you concerned about Vdroop?
    Because I undervolt and vdroop affects undervolting just as it does OverClocking. If I set my vcore to the minimum for 100% stability under load and am affected by vdroop it means I'm setting the vcore higher than need be to compensate for vdroop . . . wait , isn't that the whole reason for worrying about vdroop? To not need to have to compensate for it by using a higher vcore than you normally would?

Hmm, the more I think about it the more I ask myself why anyone would have to ask this question unless you aren't concerned about vdroop which you should be. Hell, everyone should beconcerned about vdroop.
    Currently playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat with Misery 2.1.1 and being miserable the entire time.

IT Engineer in the making
    Quote Originally Posted by WARDOZER9 View Post
    Because I undervolt and vdroop affects undervolting just as it does OverClocking. If I set my vcore to the minimum for 100% stability under load and am affected by vdroop it means I'm setting the vcore higher than need be to compensate for vdroop . . . wait , isn't that the whole reason for worrying about vdroop? To not need to have to compensate for it by using a higher vcore than you normally would?

Hmm, the more I think about it the more I ask myself why anyone would have to ask this question unless you aren't concerned about vdroop which you should be. Hell, everyone should beconcerned about vdroop.
    That just showed me that you have no clue what Vdroop is.

Think about these questions(there's plenty to read on the net):

1) Why does the manufacturer implement the vdroop function into his circuit?
    2) What happens if you totally eliminate vdroop without touching the rest of the circuit.
    3) Where's the problem in running your CPU at a lower voltage on load, if you yourself even undervolted it in the first place?

What I'm saying is: You only think that you need it and you think that it might help.

If your board still droops much, even when you undervolt (should result in less stress to the circuit, due to less current draw, and vdroop is a function of the current draw), then the circuit most likely needs vdroop bad.
    Last edited by celemine1Gig; 02-07-2010 at 01:00 AM.
    Quote from one of our professors:
    "Reality is hiding in the imaginary part."