Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiftech MCW7000-T for Corei7 announced

Mr Swiftech

Swiftech MCW7000-T for Corei7 announced

I am glad to announce that Swiftech will soon be releasing a new liquid cooled thermal head for Intel Core i7.

The unit will be the most powerful consumer product made by Swiftech to this date and will be powered by a custom 62 X 62 mm Tec Modules with a Qmax of 417W at 24volts, and 28.5 A ImAX.

Here is a rendering of the device:

The housing will be made out of of Delrin, and the base plate will feature Swiftech's 0.6mm diamond Pin matrix. The product will be fully gasketed for condensation prevention (gaskets in the above pic are rendered in transparency).

Expect the device within 6 weeks. There is no pricing information at this time.
    Last edited by gabe; 03-07-2009 at 05:31 PM.
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Subscribed for future updates. this looks awesome!

--Chris
    SOGOs > BOGOs

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post

Expect the device within 6 weeks. There is no pricing information at this time.
    Do you give out discount vouchers for the meanwells for this thing ?
    I mean...$200+ for a psu ? Due to the current rating it's got to be SE 1000-24.

Xtreme Member
    sub sub

Any images on the internals of the waterblock for this. I see you guy's went with a side by side barb. Does that mean there's an internal plate for dispersion, or is it just a 90* bending channel?

Xtreme Member
    well the money your going to spend on this and psu, rad, etc to keep the it cool and the heat out of the loop

i would just get a phase

I hate all the noise of phase myself, and I already have the radiator's and the PSU. I would rather run water chilled than phase anyway's. At least them i don't have to run it all of the time, and worry about it frying if I don't.

Xtreme Addict
    my phase is quiet if i only want -40c, -60c it is loud good case insulation and lots of quiet fans and there fine for 24/7 use but tec and phase are not even in the same class!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billdavis View Post
    my phase is quiet if i only want -40c, -60c it is loud good case insulation and lots of quiet fans and there fine for 24/7 use but tec and phase are not even in the same class!
    thats my point i dont think your not going to get any where near phase temps

and the heat its going to put out, to maybe to just get 0c

but well just have to wait and see what it can pull off, if its eben worth it

Xtreme Addict
    well it would be a really nice 24/7 setup but it is more money than a phase but it has the potential to be a really quiet system if he does a fan mod on the meanwell psu, also if one plans on cooling anything else on that water loop he will need atleast 5x 120 rad capacity if he puts some gtx 295s on there id say double that to 10x 120 rad's to keep cool and quiet but... that would be a really awsome setup!!! and it could be big time quiet think how 10x 120rad's would look with 2 gtx 295's and that water block with a i7 at 4.5ghz 24/7 and soundless

Gabe would you please post up the results of your tec when you get them up
    Last edited by billdavis; 03-08-2009 at 02:41 AM.

Xtreme Member
    I'm glad to see that CPU waterblock.
    Thank you Swiftech.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by NidStyles View Post
    Any images on the internals of the waterblock for this. I see you guy's went with a side by side barb. Does that mean there's an internal plate for dispersion, or is it just a 90* bending channel?
    They said it was based on the pin matrix which they used in the 6500 so at an educated guess I would say it is the same as a 6500 internally just a little bigger to allow for the larger TEC.

Quote Originally Posted by NidStyles View Post
    I hate all the noise of phase myself, and I already have the radiator's and the PSU. I would rather run water chilled than phase anyway's. At least them i don't have to run it all of the time, and worry about it frying if I don't.
    This isn't water chilled it is direct die TEC cooling of the CPU and if the TEC happens to fail if you havent set shutdown in the bios you will lose your CPU as well.
    The 6500 costs $160 from swiftech I can't see this unit going sub $200 with $200+ for the PSU - over $400 for only 2 parts of quite a system requirement list. Vast majority would be better off modding a window A/C to a water cooler and very much cheaper too.
    If you have to go all the way to set this unit up i.e. hotside loop, CPU loop, rads etc Phase rely looks inviting especially when you consider with this unit you will probably only go sub zero when the CPU idles.
    Last edited by zipdogso; 03-08-2009 at 04:32 AM.

Anyway to control the temp of this block like the Coolit systems?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    This Swiftech MCW7000-T sure looks like a tempting candidate to get into T.E.C. cooling. The first question that I have for Swiftech (gabe) is what power supply are you using or recommending? I noticed for the LGA775 you list the Meanwell S320-12 Power supply. Would you recommend this power supply or a more powerful one?
    | Intel Core i7-2600K | ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 | G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1866 | EVGA GTS 450 |
    | Swiftech APOGEE Drive II CPU Waterblock with Integrated Pump | XSPC RX360 | Swiftech MCP655-B Pump | XSPC Dual 5.25in. Bay Reservoir |
    | Thermaltake 850W PSU | NZXT SWITCH 810 | Windows 7 64-bit |

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by msgclb View Post
    This Swiftech MCW7000-T sure looks like a tempting candidate to get into T.E.C. cooling. The first question that I have for Swiftech (gabe) is what power supply are you using or recommending? I noticed for the LGA775 you list the Meanwell S320-12 Power supply. Would you recommend this power supply or a more powerful one?
    You obviously havent started at the beginning of the thread - Gabe quotes this thing as needing 28.5 amps and 24volts a quick glance through meanwell list and the first supply that gives 24volts and can supply 28.5 amps is the SE 1000-24. Few suppliers I can find charge $200 +

I did PM Gabe about this he has so far declined to answer.

Xtreme Member
    I run about a month on TEC on my Core i7 965 EX.
    All is created by hand, i think 417w TEC is little overkill,
    because i run my Core i7 965 @ 4.1Ghz HT enabled with temps.
    And i emailed some pics of myn TEC also to Swiftech self.
    I also made mountings holes for lga775 in it, so i can use it on several setups.

The building of myn TEC for Core i7 is viewable here (but it is in dutch) : Chiller's TEC for Core i7 build log

idle in windows @ -10°C
    Full load on 8 treads @ +28°C and this 24/7.

Here are pics from myn mounting Swiftech model 6500 with 245w TEC module in it, here without led's :

And here some pics with led's on :

Last edited by Chillerzero; 03-11-2009 at 10:02 AM.
    3dmark Vantage : +47K (NO PhysX)
    3dmark11 : +14K
    3dmark06 : +41K
    3dmark05 : +50K
    3dmark03 : +187K
    3dmark01 : +126K
    Wprime32m : 3.233sec
    Wprime1024 : 1m30sec320

Xtreme Addict
    I need to buy shares in Swiftech as with its new products coming out and Gabes continuous listening to all of its users feedback,
    well its the company of the future for computer cooling products
    ^^^^^All shaken, (from the earthquake) not stirred^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    There's a lot less voodoo in watercooling than is assumed
    The only thing future proof in electronics, is the electricity itself.

Any one who relies on only one source of information is a fool.

Xtreme Member
    verry nice job you did there chiller

Xtreme Member
    thanks, i worked about 2 monts on it, everything by hand.

did you also cheched the build log of it?
    Last edited by Chillerzero; 03-11-2009 at 10:47 AM.
    3dmark Vantage : +47K (NO PhysX)
    3dmark11 : +14K
    3dmark06 : +41K
    3dmark05 : +50K
    3dmark03 : +187K
    3dmark01 : +126K
    Wprime32m : 3.233sec
    Wprime1024 : 1m30sec320

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by zipdogso View Post
    You obviously havent started at the beginning of the thread - Gabe quotes this thing as needing 28.5 amps and 24volts a quick glance through meanwell list and the first supply that gives 24volts and can supply 28.5 amps is the SE 1000-24. Few suppliers I can find charge $200 +

I did PM Gabe about this he has so far declined to answer.
    I did read but was hoping that 24 volts, 28.5 amp and 417W was 'overkill'. I guess we'll find out sometime in the next 6 weeks.
    | Intel Core i7-2600K | ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 | G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1866 | EVGA GTS 450 |
    | Swiftech APOGEE Drive II CPU Waterblock with Integrated Pump | XSPC RX360 | Swiftech MCP655-B Pump | XSPC Dual 5.25in. Bay Reservoir |
    | Thermaltake 850W PSU | NZXT SWITCH 810 | Windows 7 64-bit |

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by msgclb View Post
    I did read but was hoping that 24 volts, 28.5 amp and 417W was 'overkill'. I guess we'll find out sometime in the next 6 weeks.
    to all posts above..

24v is the max operating voltage. Let's see if we can find a sweet spot somewhere in between 12 and 24 (sourcing the right PSU comes to mind in this respect).. and if this doesn't work to our liking, then we have other tricks in our bag.

I'll keep you posted.
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    to all posts above..

24v is the max operating voltage. Let's see if we can find a sweet spot somewhere in between 12 and 24 (sourcing the right PSU comes to mind in this respect).. and if this doesn't work to our liking, then we have other tricks in our bag.

I'll keep you posted.
    I think going to 12v will seriously compromise the unit with a view to overclockers.

24v meanwells are only adjustable to 22v but the current draw will too high for the supply.

a 15v turned up to 16.5v might not be too bad and have the necessary current rating.
    EDIT - SE 320-15 adjusts to 18v and the TEC will draw 20amps at this which is just inside the PSU rating.

Be interesting to see how you tackle this....but am a bit confused why you had a, supposedly, custom TEC made without considering powering it first ?????
    Last edited by zipdogso; 03-12-2009 at 04:56 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillerzero View Post
    I run about a month on TEC on my Core i7 965 EX.
    All is created by hand, i think 417w TEC is little overkill,
    because i run my Core i7 965 @ 4.1Ghz HT enabled with temps.
    And i emailed some pics of myn TEC also to Swiftech self.
    I also made mountings holes for lga775 in it, so i can use it on several setups.

The building of myn TEC for Core i7 is viewable here (but it is in dutch) : Chiller's TEC for Core i7 build log

idle in windows @ -10°C
    Full load on 8 treads @ +28°C and this 24/7.
    Wow, that was sweet....really nice work
    It didn't take much from your build log with it being in dutch
    But it would of been interesting if I did know I'm sure....
    What is that chart of figures at the beginning ?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Nice, I was wondering if Swiftech would ever update their TEC block. There's been a lot of buzz on TEC lately it seems, more so than usual. Hopefully there'll be a lot of new innovations in the TEC market soon!

• i7 920 D0 // eVGA X58 SLI // 12GB G.Skill Ripjaws // HD6950 (6970 BIOS)
    • Apogee XT // MCP655 // Thermochill PA120.3 // CM HAF 932
    • OCZ Vertex 3 MI edition // ASUS Xonar DX // Corsair TX850
    • HTC Incredible - Uber Kingdom Revolution ROM

Xtreme Member
    very nice block, i like the LEDs also.
    gabe, i have the older apogee GT, i lost a couple of the hold down screws that go through the mobo to the backplate, how can i order a set of these?
    i didnt see a seperate list for parts on the site, any help would be appreciated.
    Case: PPC's Powdercoated TJ07
    Mobo: EVGA 780i SLI (FTW Edition)
    Cpu: E8500
    Ram: Coming Soon
    Sound: Asus Xonar D2
    Psu: Zalman ZM 1000 Watt
    Gpu: GTX 295 W/ DD-GTX 295 WB
    HDD : 2x1 250 Caviar SE 16's
    HDD 2: 1 TB Samsung 32 MB cache (Movies)
    Water Cooling:
    Pump: Laing D5 MCP 655 Rad: XSPC RX360
    Cpu: Apogee GTZ Res: XSPC 250mm Passive

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast