View Poll Results: Do you like my case design?

Voters
840. You may not vote on this poll

799 95.12%
  • Dislike

41 4.88%
Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2734353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Case Design for Liquid Cooling

Xtreme Member
    This contest is a complete farce as AT and FOBIA is using innocent young people to reduce their R&D costs. Since we all know F and AT weren`t producing cases up until now, they would have pretty high costs to develop their first case, but no, they just let the community design a superb case, which will be mass produced and sold all over the planet. Come on guys wake up, this is badest business as their sponsoring, their rebates and their free give-aways always are... Shame on the companies to use innocent, mostly young people!!
    Last edited by martensch; 11-04-2010 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rehpyc View Post
    Is this the AquaTuning that steals watercooling designs then profits off them? Oh, right, that's what this 'contest' will continue for them.
    Unlike rehpyc I do actually agree with Brodholm that this should not be discussed in Mick's thread but I'd just like to say that the case design competition was actually my idea, not Aquatuning's and not Phobya's. I visited their factory a couple of months ago and they mentioned they were designing their own cases for water cooling. As I've been water cooling and modding for years, they asked me for my feedback but I had the idea of pitching this to our modding community over on bit-tech for a bit of fun. It thought it was a fantastic opportunity, especially for guys like Mick who have some great ideas and it was a chance to make them a reality. Craig Brugger has done a similar thing with NZXT and their Phantom case, yet all I see their is praise. I find it a little concerning how easily certain people on this otherwise excellent forum can put words in people's mouths and persecute them without knowing the facts and I'm thankful the other thread was closed.
    Please, no more anti-whatever posts here.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by martensch View Post
    This contest is a complete farce as AT and FOBIA is using innocent young people to reduce their R&D costs. Since we all know F and AT weren`t producing cases up until now, they would have pretty high costs to develop their first case, but no, they just let the community design a superb case, which will be mass produced and sold all over the planet. Come on guys wake up, this is badest business as their sponsoring, their rebates and their free give-aways always are... Shame on the companies to use innocent, mostly young people!!
    Having your own designed case professionally manufactured for free, that otherwise never would have made it to a finished product, Is that really such a bad idea?

Mick, I wish you good luck if you entered the contest
    Asus Crosshair IV Extreme
    AMD FX-8350
    AMD ref. HD 6950 2Gb x 2
    4x4Gb HyperX T1
    Corsair AX1200
    3 x Alphacool triple, 2 x Alphacool ATXP 6970/50, EK D5 dual top, EK Supreme HF

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodholm View Post
    Guys, this should not be discussed in Mick's thread. Lets take this over pm or another thread.

And Mick, I need to talk to you. Check your pm's.

Edit: There already is a thread.
    this!

seriously... let's not have this wonderful thread about MICK's work be tainted by AT or your opinions of them.

keep it on topic guys, hate to see admins close this thread...
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times challenge and controversy."
    Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

DIY: Self Clinching Nuts

Canon EOS 7D | Tokina 12-24mm f/4 | Canon EF 24-105 f/4 L | Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8 L IS Mk II | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 L | Canon EF 400mm f/5.6 L | Canon EF 100-400mm f/4-5.6 L

Xtreme Member
    IMO if there is such a worry about this thread, one about MICK'S CASE ITSELF, being derailed and tainting his design, then perhaps this AT contest should be a thread of its own?

Admins, it may be best to merge the past few pages of posts unrelated to Mick's design itself into another existing or new thread.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I apologise for not posting sooner, but I've been totally snowed under! Just to let you know, It seems that I have been let down again by another company that was supposed to be building my case. I haven't heard from them for months. So I've decided to enter my design into the Phobya competition at Bit-Tech. I happen to think these types of competition are a good thing, and it's a shame that other companies don't give enthusiasts a chance express their ideas and knowledge in the design of future products.
    System :- Gunmetal Antec P182 : Antec Quattro 850 : Asus P5E Deluxe : Intel Q9550 (E0) @ 4004MHz (8.5 x 471 FSB) 1.4 volts (VID: 1.3v) : 8Gb 1100 OCZ Gold XTC @ 942MHz 2.0 volts (5-5-5-15) : Gainward GTX 570 GS GLH (GPU: 800MHz, Shader: 1600MHz, Memory: 2000MHz) : 1x 128Gb Crucial RealSSD + Asus U3S6 (OS) : 1x 1Tb & 2x 500Gb Samsung Spinpoints (Storage) : Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)

Cooling : 4x Sharkoon Eagle 2000's (Case) : 3x Scythe Gentle Typhoons (R120-T rad) : 4x Scythe Gentle Typhoons (RS 240 rad in push-pull) : Akasa Fan Control Pro : Stepped Aquacomputer Cuplex XT di : EK FC5X0 GTX GW - Nickel (GTX 570) : Swiftech MCP355 : 1x XSPC R120-T : 1x XSPC RS 240 : XSPC Bay Reservoir : XSPC 1/2" Tubing : Blue Feser One Coolant

Check out my water-cooling case design:- Here & Here
    Find SketchUp Computer Components Here
    Download my case design SketchUp files from Here

gl Mick

srsly hope this wins. love watercooling and would love to own one of theses cases.

Xtreme Member
    mick, i waiting for your case to be on production. I will buy it for my new built. Do not give up hope.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yeh when are these cases coming into production?
    sigh

I haven't been here in a long time BUT it looks like you got the cases going into production (looking at the few post above me) congrats i cant wait to buy one.

Xtreme Member
    I'll take one!

Xtreme Member
    Bad bump! Getting everyone's hopes up

Mick has not got a manufacturer on team (last one he was in discussions with dropped out) though he is currently entered in this competition, as are a lot of other people. He has a chance of being chosen, but nothing is certain.

Xtreme Member
    Guys, you do realise if the case did get built by low volume means (ie sheet metal fabrication etc) it will be roughly £400-£500...
    I7 920 at 4.0ghz - EK Supreme HF
    P6T Deluxe V2 Mobo - EK Mosfet & EK NB/SB
    6gb Corsair 1600mhz RAM
    Zotac 470GTX - EK FC
    2x 60gb OCZ Vertex 2 RAID 0

140mm External Rad Stands Available Here

Xtreme Addict
    Don't build that case. We don't want another Chernobyl.
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Quote Originally Posted by spotswood View Post
    Yes, I realize that this post might **** off a lot of you...but if you're tired of waiting for Mick's case to be built, I just wanted to let you know that I'll be starting to build an even larger variation of his case (room for two 140x4 rads up top, 10 PCI motherboard tray) in a couple of weeks. Send me a PM if you want to get in on the first run.

Will there be a worklog of any sort?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spotswood View Post
    Yes, I realize that this post might **** off a lot of you...but if you're tired of waiting for Mick's case to be built, I just wanted to let you know that I'll be starting to build an even larger variation of his case (room for two 140x4 rads up top, 10 PCI motherboard tray) in a couple of weeks. Send me a PM if you want to get in on the first run.
    i'd need a new desk, and probably a new apartment for that monstrosity

Xtreme Enthusiast
    0,0 jesus, what would one of those run me?

Quote Originally Posted by freecableguy
    I'll come blow on your heatsink for a dollar. Thats pretty ghetto
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon th MG Pony
    sorry to sound harsh but so would you if some one asked if nitroglycerin was a good coolant for his car!
    Check out my forum: http://www.anarchyst-it.com

Xtreme Guru
    TJ-11 is bad comparison. Not much better then TJ07 yet so insanely priced. Should you follow bad example?

Xtreme Member
    Where can I get one of these case?
    /_/_/_ | Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.2GHz | Swiftech Apogee GTZ | Gigabyte EX58-UD5 | CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB DDR3 1600 | 2 x ATI 4850 Crossfire Enabled | WD Velociraptor 300GB | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro | Corsair HX1000W | Antec P182 | _\_\_\

I am Xtreme
    I think I have found a replacement for my TJ07.

Mick's case has made it to the final round of voting.

If you want to see it go into production, VOTE!

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=207673

Can't believe Black Owl is winning, go Proteus go

funny how all pc guys talk trash about mac's but end up choosing the case that looks most like a mac. and how many rads can the black owl fit anyway. dosent look like much. 1x360 rad? thought it was supposed to be an estreme watercooling case.

nevermind, just saw it fits 480 at the bottom and 360 at the top.

Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2734353637383940 ... LastLast