View Poll Results: Do you like my case design?

Voters
840. You may not vote on this poll

799 95.12%
  • Dislike

41 4.88%
Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 202728293031323340 ... LastLast

Thread: Case Design for Liquid Cooling

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Oj101 View Post
    I've only looked at page one but I'm already changing my pants, excuse me for asking these questions before reading the rest of the thread but I can't wait
    If that's the case, you might as well just drag the PC into the loo and finish the topic in there.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

NooB MOD
    Noooooooooooooooooooo
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Xtreme Member
    I've only looked at page one but I'm already changing my pants, excuse me for asking these questions before reading the rest of the thread but I can't wait

1. Is the design still the same?
    2. It seems like the user can choose ATX or inverted ATX, correct? Major plus!
    3. I like the dual hard drive bays, but you have two different sizes for the second one. Can the user choose which to install?
    4. Are these available yet? If so, how much? Where? How long to receive an order?
    5. Will you include several changes of underwear please?

It wasn't even a week ago that I was complaining to several people the there isn't a SINGLE case on the market which completely catches my eye and now I see this LIKE!
    obviously i'm not the creator but

2) yes you can switch it
    3)the bay was redesigned to cut costs http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...&postcount=682
    Last edited by ryan92084; 05-31-2010 at 08:46 AM.

i will buy one of these right away the day it comes out.

Xtreme Enthusiast

1. Is the design still the same?
    2. It seems like the user can choose ATX or inverted ATX, correct? Major plus!
    3. I like the dual hard drive bays, but you have two different sizes for the second one. Can the user choose which to install?
    4. Are these available yet? If so, how much? Where? How long to receive an order?
    5. Will you include several changes of underwear please?

It wasn't even a week ago that I was complaining to several people the there isn't a SINGLE case on the market which completely catches my eye and now I see this LIKE!
    I'm sorry to here about your excessive underpants usage problem, but I'm afraid underwear will not be one of the options available when ordering.

Answers to questions: -

1. I am hoping that the manufacturer will stay true to the original design, but there may have to be changes made to simplify the manufacturing process.

2. Yes the case design is full reversible, so the motherboard tray can be fitted either way up and the side panels can be swapped.

3. I'm not sure if you're talking about the design change or the size in relation to the number of drives that it will accept. I have designed two different sizes so that you can select which you require when ordering. As for the design change, this is something I'm not happy with, but the original design is difficult to manufacture without specialized equipment.

4. No it's not available yet, but the manufacturer is making progress. He has told me that he should have something to show me in the very near future.

5. I've already answered this question!

Thank you for your enthusiastic post.
    System :- Gunmetal Antec P182 : Antec Quattro 850 : Asus P5E Deluxe : Intel Q9550 (E0) @ 4004MHz (8.5 x 471 FSB) 1.4 volts (VID: 1.3v) : 8Gb 1100 OCZ Gold XTC @ 942MHz 2.0 volts (5-5-5-15) : Gainward GTX 570 GS GLH (GPU: 800MHz, Shader: 1600MHz, Memory: 2000MHz) : 1x 128Gb Crucial RealSSD + Asus U3S6 (OS) : 1x 1Tb & 2x 500Gb Samsung Spinpoints (Storage) : Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)

Cooling : 4x Sharkoon Eagle 2000's (Case) : 3x Scythe Gentle Typhoons (R120-T rad) : 4x Scythe Gentle Typhoons (RS 240 rad in push-pull) : Akasa Fan Control Pro : Stepped Aquacomputer Cuplex XT di : EK FC5X0 GTX GW - Nickel (GTX 570) : Swiftech MCP355 : 1x XSPC R120-T : 1x XSPC RS 240 : XSPC Bay Reservoir : XSPC 1/2" Tubing : Blue Feser One Coolant

Check out my water-cooling case design:- Here & Here
    Find SketchUp Computer Components Here
    Download my case design SketchUp files from Here

Grr... Hate when you say: "in the near future"...

Ahh maaan near future is like tomorrow for us ....can't wait. I really hope that this will get produced in the end.

Any chance to offer it in different colors? I'd really like to have a silver outside with the black inside but obviously others may differ...

PS - is the material question decided yet (alu vs steel)?

I was following this in bit tech. Didn't realize this was gonna get made but that's awesome. Great looking case and like the idea of switchable from inverted to normal. Good luck with it and i might get one. Btw hopefully it's alu and is it a big worldwide manufacturer because I really want one but I'm over in aus.

NooB MOD
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick64 View Post
    I'm sorry to here about your excessive underpants usage problem, but I'm afraid underwear will not be one of the options available when ordering.

Answers to questions: -

1. I am hoping that the manufacturer will stay true to the original design, but there may have to be changes made to simplify the manufacturing process.

2. Yes the case design is full reversible, so the motherboard tray can be fitted either way up and the side panels can be swapped.

3. I'm not sure if you're talking about the design change or the size in relation to the number of drives that it will accept. I have designed two different sizes so that you can select which you require when ordering. As for the design change, this is something I'm not happy with, but the original design is difficult to manufacture without specialized equipment.

4. No it's not available yet, but the manufacturer is making progress. He has told me that he should have something to show me in the very near future.

5. I've already answered this question!

Thank you for your enthusiastic post.
    1. As long as it doesn't change too much, I have never TRULY loved a case until now.

2. That is the feature I like most My PC sits to my right, I don't know if I want the board facing me or not so this will allow me to try both without buying two cases

3. See here:

This one has two full hard drive cradles one next to the other

vs

This one's second cradle is half height, which I THINK I prefer as it makes a nice cosy spot just above for the PCIe power connectors in an inverted ATX configuration. But I'm not sure

But I see neither is applicable anymore, will it be an option?

4. To which address should I send mailbombs in order to speed up the process?This is such an awesome case I don't care if I have to save for a decade to import one

5. No deal then
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

for some reason, the word Coldforge comes to mind...
    i7 2600K | Gigabyte G1 Sniper2 Z68 | 16gb Mushkin PC3-17000 Blackline | XFX 6990 | Corsair AX 1200 | Crucial M4 256GB (Boot), Caviar Black 1GB (games), Caviar Green 2GBx2 (storage) | Samsung S27A850D | Lian-Li PC-V2120X

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick64 View Post
    Just had some good news. Got a reply from one of the case manufacturers I contacted, and they really like how it looks. Sounds promising!
    How much for 100 of them?
    Intel i7 920 C0 @ 3.67GHz
    ASUS 6T Deluxe
    Powercolor 7970 @ 1050/1475
    12GB GSkill Ripjaws
    Antec 850W TruePower Quattro
    50" Full HD PDP
    Red Cosmos 1000

I want one
    Keep me posted if you hear anything....

980X/RAMPAGEII/HD5970/X-25M/6GB Corsair/Panzerbox/1200w Powercache
    E8600/DG45FC/Chenbro Mini-ITX Server/4x1.5TB
    Q9550S/Zotac 9300-Wifi/X-25M/Skeleton

Yes you can put me down for one of these cases. Keep me posted bud.
    By the way I live back in the UK (Kent) now not Canada.

Gary

Well... I have to see whats rest of it after the manufactors... Keep me posted! I might want one ^^

Xtreme Member
    everytime i see this thread bumped i get my hopes up

Any updates we can get on this one? I'm in need of a good WC case and I wouldn'T hesitate for a second to get this one would it be available...

Cool case...

i want one too. Pls let me know when it goes into production...
    Lian Li PC-A77B, Core i7 6 Core980x @ 4.2MHz (1.4v), Asus MB-R3E, 12GB Corsair Dominator 2000MHz DDR3, Enermax Revolution85+ 1250W, Sapphire 5970 Crossfire, Asus Xonar Essence STX, WD Scorpio Black 320GB, Crucial C300 SSDx2, Laing DDC 3.25 -12V 18 Watt Version x2, Heatkiller DUAL DDC-Case LT Arcyl, Bitspower BP-WBVGA5970AC-BK GPU Block Black w/ Acrylic Topx2, EK EK-FB RE3 - Acetal+Nickel, Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 150, PrimoFlex Pro LRT 7/16" ID (5/8" OD) Black Tubing[/B], Feser X-Changer 360mm Xtreme Performance Radiator, Black Ice® GT Stealth 240 XFlow Highest Performance Radiator, Enermax "Magma"-Twister Bearing SilentExtreme Operationl 120mm Fansx5, Cooler master Excalibur R4-EXBB-20PK-R0 Fansx2, Cool Master SickleFlow 120 Red LED Fansx7, Kooolance Quick Disconnects, Bitspower Black Matte High Fittings, Dell 3008WFP Ultrasharp 30" Monitor, Logitech Illuminated Keyboard, Razer Mamba Mouse, Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

NooB MOD
    Much hate for those bumping this thread

Oh wait, I just did
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Xtreme Member
    WOW some really beautiful case designs. I like how it's very similar to Lian Li's (even better than Lian Li imo). Once you buy Lian Li, you never go back. But in this case, I can make an exception

I only have 2 requirements. <-- Not that my opinion matters but I can't be the only one xD

1st - The case should support 140mm radiators. So I'm thinking a 560 on the top and a 420 on the bottom. The case should be long enough to fit a Silverstone ST1500 PSU (When you have a 3x140 rad in the bottom!), just for some future proofing. If possible, it should be able to fit radiators with a width of 153 (the length of a standard ATX PSU). So that I can fit some SR1's =) BTW, they are currently THE top performing rads out now! And even though Feser is coming out with some new rads, being able to support the "153mm standard", as I call it, will allow the ability to fit all sorts of rads. And really, 153 is the MAX width of rads today. So no worries there.

2nd - A bit more personal, but I'd like to see 2 versions of your case. If it's not too much trouble of course.

Just like how Lian Li has the V2000 and V2100

You should satisfy both door users, and none door users. If doors don't work for you, at least have one that is more "edgy". Like how the Lian Li V2100 looks like a nice plain box.

One V2000 like, curvy and doorless. The other like the V2100, door preferably (or not) but it should be more edgy with a boxy look to it.

And on a personal note, I don't think the fan in the front of case really works. I think it's about the only design downfall (if you could even call it that) I can think of. People are buying this case FOR W/C, so what's the point of having a "useless" fan. Apart from cooling the HDD's of course though this isn't really needed for HDD's today (think about the trend towards SSD's).
    Well then again, I think having a nice number of drive bays with one (or two) fan accessories for the HDD's will be optimal. I mean the case looks beautiful apart from that fan bit. Even though your looking at a disadvantage (120<180) Counting the number of drive bays, I see 9-10. So imagine 3 front fans with one bay at the top reserved for a DVD drive. See what I mean? Your case would be way more versatile, not to mention great for even all the air-coolers out there! And that means more customers! ($$$ if that matters to you )

I'm 100% sure these cases WILL sell. Right now there aren't many nice cases out that excel in fitting internal watercooling setups. Apart from the TJ07 and the OLD Lian Li's, true W/C cases are becoming "extinct". These cases will fit a nice niche in the market for watercooling builds and I really think it's worth it to invest your time in getting these cases manufactured.

I believe starting out with some prototypes in STEEL rather than ALUMINUM would be best. The prototype will be just for testing. So you can test the rigidity of the case (in steel and aluminum), not to mention the ability to fit some nice fat rads (without spending too much money initially). -- Speaking of aluminum, a brushed aluminum look would look amazing!

Now manufacturing aluminum cases is REALLY expensive. SO you won't make much initial profit. But if you start out with a few steel variants, I think you'll create more interest in your cases. Like sending out cases to some reviewers would be a good idea. Then finally "if", NO when, the cases catch on, selling the "real" aluminum versions will be the best course of action.

I'm just pointing out some ideas. Nothing to really think seriously about. But it's just a plan for the future. I think if you look at the overall picture, these cases can be a "hit" if you put your mind to it.

Anyone that wants to be successful in the case making business should look at the current market if they want to go anywhere. If you look at where Lian Li is heading (Lian Li V2120 supports SR-2!), I think it would be a REALLY good idea to make your cases workstation friendly. (So being able to support the new mobo's like the SR-2's). If you take that route, you'll be able to satisfy more people with different mobo types. Looking back I think you have this covered already!

And a big fat pic to fit a long post...

Not only does your case look WAY better than Lian Li's new cases but yours can fit more hard drives! -- Crucial for the business/enterprise market.

As you can see, your cases' internal looks much "cleaner" than Lian Li's. And more W/C friendly of course. Seriously though, maybe in the future, after selling a few hundred of these, you should sell some "Black Editions" sprayed flat black internally. Now THOSE would be a hit.

And now for the hardest part (least in my opinion), what in the world would be a fitting name for such a case (or two)?

** If I had to nitpick, I think the PCI slots that you have are not gonna work. They should not have any holes for airflow. I mean this is primarily a watercooling case, isn't it? Also I think the regular screws for the PCI slots have to go. Some thumbscrews would be nice there. Another issue I have is with the 5 1/4" bays. I don't know what you call it, the mounting area? But I think it just has way too many holes. It really detracts from the clean look of the internals.

***Definitely go with an inverted design!!! I really like the look of it! And when you have GPU's mounted, You can actually see the top part showing the brand's graphics. This shouldn't bring about any problems because you can fit the PSU in the bottom or top so wherever the CPU is located, the water will be able to travel a short distance from the rad (which can be fit in the bottom or top as well) to the CPU. Also, if people are going to fit 2 rads, then they will definitely be watercooling their GPU's so really this is a non-issue. Since some people will have the PC on their right, and others on their left. I think having an option to choose ATX or inverted ATX will be great. I mean you only have to change the removable motherboard tray out to change the layout and changing the position of the HDD cages shouldn't be a problem as they WILL be removable! So make sure to make both ATX and inverted ATX removable motherboard trays. Seriously, making your case accessible to more people, the better.***

Lastly, and probably the most money spent (or not), will be in cutting the side panels. I mean, if you really want these cases to sell for watercooling purposes, you are going to have to address airflow. I believe you have pictures showing rectangular cut-outs with mesh? That could be the standard option. But I really think you should invest some time in AutoCAD to create a kickass design for those areas. I'm thinking some nice flames on the top and bottom as standard. (Both side panels of course, I could see myself fitting 4x SR1 560's!!! Or more likely, 2x SR1 560's in the top and 2x SR1 420's in the bottom)

BTW, Does it cost more money to cut a side panel with a complex design than a simple one? If not, your looking at a lot of ways of making money. Just like how car companies allow you to customize your car for an added fee, you could do the same. i.e. different designs for the cut-outs
    Last edited by blazarcher; 06-16-2010 at 05:28 PM.

Mick? How far is the manufacturer with the production progress? Are they still discussing it or...?
    Last edited by Nicksen; 06-20-2010 at 06:30 AM.

I am Xtreme
    VERY nice case design would defo be interested? Has the " Manufacturer" been named?
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnee View Post
    No, I think he had a date tonight...

He and his EK Supreme are out for a night on the town!

Same here. What's the progress with the manufacturer? We wait for an update on this matter.-)

Xtreme Member
    Yeah, this is an excellent design, i really like the excellent amount of rad space. Definitely would be interested in one of these..
    [SIZE="1"]Main Rig:
    - New rig incoming -

Watercooling Loop: Pump: Laing DDC 3.2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top | Tubing: 1/2 x 3/4" | Waterblock: Apogee GTZ | Radiator: XSPC RS360 | Fans: 3x Delta FFB1212EHE | Fittings: Fatboy Barbs | Other: 5ft Custom Bong Cooler for benching

Xtreme Guru
    this thread is so epic, Cant wait till you actually create this design, u know u can holla @ your boy and let me know when i can get one

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

I was looking at Lian Li's cases lately because I've realized that you can only fit so much in a Cosmos S...but then I saw this thread bumped up again, man I wish this was out...Great work Mick, and i truly think these would sell, not as much as say the haf, but you would definitely take some of the higher end case market away from manufactures like Lian Li.

Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 202728293031323340 ... LastLast