View Poll Results: Do you like my case design?

Voters
840. You may not vote on this poll

799 95.12%
  • Dislike

41 4.88%
Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 101718192021222330 ... LastLast

Thread: Case Design for Liquid Cooling

Quote Originally Posted by jtf2 View Post
    you my friend have not a ing clue what you speak
    2000 people max around this world, WTF would give you that number
    Indeed. That number, probably more in Germany alone. Must be hundreds if not thousands here in the UK too keeping several dedicated water-cooling companies afloat.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Love the new renders. All black is my favourite!

I have a suggestion. Doesn't it weaken the structure of the chassis by having that design for the removable motherboard tray? Why not use the design when you just remove the plate? Like some lian li uses.

Im also trying to find the measurements needed to make a hole for that 200mm fan. I'm trying to find the length between the holes and the maximum height and width it has. And how do you plan to fasten the fan in the front? I didn't see any holes in the front?

Maybe you have the sketchup model for the 200mm fan? If so I would really like you to export it and upload it somewhere

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodholm View Post
    Love the new renders. All black is my favourite!

I have a suggestion. Doesn't it weaken the structure of the chassis by having that design for the removable motherboard tray? Why not use the design when you just remove the plate? Like some lian li uses.

Im also trying to find the measurements needed to make a hole for that 200mm fan. I'm trying to find the length between the holes and the maximum height and width it has. And how do you plan to fasten the fan in the front? I didn't see any holes in the front?

Maybe you have the sketchup model for the 200mm fan? If so I would really like you to export it and upload it somewhere
    Thanks! All black is my fav as well.

I think that the removable MB tray is a must have. It makes installation so much easier. Also makes it possible to have the inverted motherboard orientation.

I'm still trying to get accurate measurements for the MegaFlow fan myself. I have created a SketchUp model of the fan, but have guessed the dimensions by looking various pictures of the fan.

The reason you can't see any holes in the front of the case for fastening the fan is because there are two layers of aluminium in that area. The fan is fastened to the inner layer which is part of the structure that makes up the dividing sections.
    System :- Gunmetal Antec P182 : Antec Quattro 850 : Asus P5E Deluxe : Intel Q9550 (E0) @ 4004MHz (8.5 x 471 FSB) 1.4 volts (VID: 1.3v) : 8Gb 1100 OCZ Gold XTC @ 942MHz 2.0 volts (5-5-5-15) : Gainward GTX 570 GS GLH (GPU: 800MHz, Shader: 1600MHz, Memory: 2000MHz) : 1x 128Gb Crucial RealSSD + Asus U3S6 (OS) : 1x 1Tb & 2x 500Gb Samsung Spinpoints (Storage) : Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)

Cooling : 4x Sharkoon Eagle 2000's (Case) : 3x Scythe Gentle Typhoons (R120-T rad) : 4x Scythe Gentle Typhoons (RS 240 rad in push-pull) : Akasa Fan Control Pro : Stepped Aquacomputer Cuplex XT di : EK FC5X0 GTX GW - Nickel (GTX 570) : Swiftech MCP355 : 1x XSPC R120-T : 1x XSPC RS 240 : XSPC Bay Reservoir : XSPC 1/2" Tubing : Blue Feser One Coolant

Check out my water-cooling case design:- Here & Here
    Find SketchUp Computer Components Here
    Download my case design SketchUp files from Here

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick64 View Post
    Thanks! All black is my fav as well.

I think that the removable MB tray is a must have. It makes installation so much easier. Also makes it possible to have the inverted motherboard orientation.

I'm still trying to get accurate measurements for the MegaFlow fan myself. I have created a SketchUp model of the fan, but have guessed the dimensions by looking various pictures of the fan.

The reason you can't see any holes in the front of the case for fastening the fan is because there are two layers of aluminium in that area. The fan is fastened to the inner layer which is part of the structure that makes up the dividing sections.
    Yeah. But I didn't mean to remove the "removable tay" function. Just another design. Have you seen lian-li's?

Like this (I'm going with this design):

I think that is superior to the other one. Adding much more strength to the frame. Because its going to be heavy. Especially with a .4 radiator in the top.

Also, I cant seem to find anyone that stocks the black Megaflow... Only red and blue. Even in the us

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yeah. But I didn't mean to remove the "removable tay" function. Just another design. Have you seen lian-li's?

I think that is superior to the other one. Adding much more strength to the frame. Because its going to be heavy. Especially with a .4 radiator in the top.

Also, I cant seem to find anyone that stocks the black Megaflow... Only red and blue. Even in the us
    Sorry, I don't like this design. With the PCI slots separate from the tray, you would have to mount your graphics cards, etc after you have installed the motherboard. Not as versatile in my opinion. Also, I would still have to have the PCI slots removable so that they could be inverted. Therefore, I wouldn't be gaining anything.

I'm having the same result trying to locate stockists of the MegaFlow fans. I can't find black or clear anywhere, only red and blue LED. I have found a German website that supplies the red and blue, but their shipping is expensive, even to Sweden.

These fans are relatively new though. So, hopefully, they will become increasingly available as time goes on....
    System :- Gunmetal Antec P182 : Antec Quattro 850 : Asus P5E Deluxe : Intel Q9550 (E0) @ 4004MHz (8.5 x 471 FSB) 1.4 volts (VID: 1.3v) : 8Gb 1100 OCZ Gold XTC @ 942MHz 2.0 volts (5-5-5-15) : Gainward GTX 570 GS GLH (GPU: 800MHz, Shader: 1600MHz, Memory: 2000MHz) : 1x 128Gb Crucial RealSSD + Asus U3S6 (OS) : 1x 1Tb & 2x 500Gb Samsung Spinpoints (Storage) : Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)

Cooling : 4x Sharkoon Eagle 2000's (Case) : 3x Scythe Gentle Typhoons (R120-T rad) : 4x Scythe Gentle Typhoons (RS 240 rad in push-pull) : Akasa Fan Control Pro : Stepped Aquacomputer Cuplex XT di : EK FC5X0 GTX GW - Nickel (GTX 570) : Swiftech MCP355 : 1x XSPC R120-T : 1x XSPC RS 240 : XSPC Bay Reservoir : XSPC 1/2" Tubing : Blue Feser One Coolant

Xtreme Member
    Sorry, I don't like this design. With the PCI slots separate from the tray, you would have to mount your graphics cards, etc after you have installed the motherboard. Not as versatile in my opinion. Also, I would still have to have the PCI slots removable so that they could be inverted. Therefore, I wouldn't be gaining anything.
    i too prefer your solution (mainly becuase i always drop the damn screw when installing pci cards)

Xtreme Member
    Way late to the party, but just wanted to add my .02 as well, that this case is absolutely awesome.

Considering I paid $500-$600 for the ABS-Li Canyon 695 (ironically shown above), I would _easily_ pay that much for this case considering everything it can do.

Agree that the Lian-Li mobo tray solution is less than ideal for this application (due to the reasons you cite) and prefer the way you have it now. My case prior to the 695 was a TJ09 and the slide-in/out removable tray on that was pure heaven.

I'm positively no expert, but my guess is the most expensive part of manufacture of this case would be the rounded outer shell parts as these have to be press formed versus just stamped and bolted together. Except for the detachable faceplate, the 695 has no rounded components to it and is just riveted/bolted together from what appear to be mainly stamped parts (which doesn't explain why it costs so damn much).

Otherwise, I add mine to the chorus of other voices begging, no, imploring you to put this in production!

Xtreme Enthusiast

I'm having the same result trying to locate stockists of the MegaFlow fans. I can't find black or clear anywhere, only red and blue LED. I have found a German website that supplies the red and blue, but their shipping is expensive, even to Sweden.

These fans are relatively new though. So, hopefully, they will become increasingly available as time goes on....
    Hmm, I haven't had any experience with any of these functions. I guess only if you have had them both you can decide who is the superior one.

You got some valid points but I think you can install graphic cards with lian-li's to. You just need to fasten the screws later. If I also change this design it will look very much like yours I have gained very much help and small stuff from just looking at your sketch. Its amazing. Things you don't think about before you put them in the model.

So you really think that the design you are using is better? Maybe I should go with that one to..

Edit: About the fan, is there any possibility that you can send me the 200m fan exported from sketchup? Even if it isn't exact it will give me a clue at least. I'm kinda stuck at the moment because of that. They are offering the blue and red megaflow in sweden also... But no one is able to get the black one. Have they even started to produce it?
    Last edited by Brodholm; 07-23-2009 at 03:19 PM.

Xtreme Member
    That is freaking amazing, hotswap bays???
    SCHOOL PC
    CPU = i7 920 D0
    GPU = 2x GTX285 SLI
    Mobo = Asus P6T X58
    HDD = 3x 30GB Vertex SSD RAID0
    RAM =3 x 2GB Dominators1600
    CPU Block = Apogee GTZ
    GPU Block = 2x HEATKILLER® GPU-X² GTX285
    NB Block = Bits Power BLACK FREEZER///EK-Mosfet ASUS X58 KIT
    Case = MM U2UFO
    PSU = Corsair HX1000W

GAMING PC
    CPU = I7 940
    GPU = 2x GTX 295
    Mobo = X58 Classified
    HDD = 3x 30GB Gskill SSD RAID0
    RAM =3x2GB Dominator GT
    CPU Block = Heatkiller 3.0
    GPU Block = Koolance VIDNX295
    NB Block = EK Acetal Full Coverage
    Case = SS TJ07
    PSU = Corsair HX1000W

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I have been emailing around a bit about the fan. I have gotten one answer from ppcs and they said that Coolermaster USA had chosen to not bring in the black and transparent version!!

Coolermaster USA has chosen not to bring in. Sorry.
    But there seems to be no one in Europe stocking it as well. But then where can you get this fan?

Im still waiting for coolermaster in germany to answer. I sent them a mail earlier today. So I hope Monday or some day next week.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    You could try the Cooler Master Parts Shop. They only have the Red LED one listed, but there is a Product Request facility on the site. The Red Fan is listed at €17.95. You will have to check shipping costs to Sweden.....

Xtreme Member
    sooooo this going into production ??????
    My build is taking way to long

Quotes

dasickninja
    Sweet merciful God... and it survived? Those parts are either Jesus or Juggernaut.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by pingpong1455 View Post
    dunno, check Mick's sig.... i think we're going blind due to too much mastu...er...

just read the sig...
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times challenge and controversy."
    Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

DIY: Self Clinching Nuts

Canon EOS 7D | Tokina 12-24mm f/4 | Canon EF 24-105 f/4 L | Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8 L IS Mk II | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 L | Canon EF 400mm f/5.6 L | Canon EF 100-400mm f/4-5.6 L

Xtreme Enthusiast
    You could try the Cooler Master Parts Shop. They only have the Red LED one listed, but there is a Product Request facility on the site. The Red Fan is listed at €17.95. You will have to check shipping costs to Sweden.....
    Thanks! Ill send him a mail. Have you seen any shops in the UK stocking the black one?

Btw, Have you got anyone to start making your chassis? If so, how long before we can see a real prototype?
    Last edited by Brodholm; 07-24-2009 at 10:45 AM.

Wow, this case is sweet

I would certainly be interested in buying one, so yes.... ditto to what Kinghong1970 so eloquently put in your sig

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by pingpong1455 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kinghong1970 View Post
    dunno, check Mick's sig.... i think we're going blind due to too much mastu...er...

just read the sig...
    Quote Originally Posted by salty_pepperpot View Post
    Wow, this case is sweet

I would certainly be interested in buying one, so yes.... ditto to what Kinghong1970 so eloquently put in your sig
    I honestly don't know if it will ever go into production, or even if it will get built as a one off. The way things are at the moment, I definitely haven't got the funds to get made.

What I can say is that I have had some interest in the design which will hopefully lead to, at least, a one off, and has the potential for limited production. Unfortunately, I have no control of the build process, but as soon as I have any solid information, I will let you know.

I think it's a good bet that someone will copy the design or something similar in the future anyway. I've already seen a number of budding designers putting their hands to SketchUp and producing cases that are not a not a long way from my design.....

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by jtf2 View Post
    you my friend have not a ing clue what you speak
    2000 people max around this world, WTF would give you that number
    Maybe the number is wrong, but I hope that you are intelligent enough to know what I mean by that. If not, let me clarify, I meant that making a computer case a 600-dollar-product would not make much product.

I am not a Surveyor, but seriously; Ever heard of ECON101?
    Team XS: xs4s.org

Xtreme Member
    I've already seen a number of budding designers putting their hands to SketchUp and producing cases that are not a not a long way from my design.....
    and make that +1 as of tomorrow afternoon

Edit

well this afternoon didnt realise it was 12:06
    My build is taking way to long

Quotes

dasickninja
    Sweet merciful God... and it survived? Those parts are either Jesus or Juggernaut.

Xtreme Addict
    I've also made it so that most of the parts are modular, so you only need to buy the parts that you require. It is also very versatile; you can have many different configurations.
    By the sound of that Mick, it really sounds like a "MoutainMods" case, have you contacted them about production??

Chasing After Diety
    Its gonna be hard.. now that i look at it.

You put a lot of details into it, that would make it very hard for the average builder to make...

Im sure someone is gonna rip your design soon tho...
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

wow woww wowww!!! Mick64 this makes me wish i owned one of those companies that could get this thing into production!! I was pointed to this thread via a comment on the bit-tech's preview of the Corsair's upcoming case which read "something that no other case can touch", and boy nothing could be closer to the truth!!!!! Mick64,I want one of these NOWWWW!! :P

and just a thought Mick...I didn't see an eSATA port in the front panel. Do you plan on including one or not?

Xtreme Member

Thumbs up

Holy freaking crap that is a cool case! Now I am not sure I like Corsairs new case as much...

Sorry I didnt read the whole thread, but I could see this becoming the new official murderMod case!!!
    Last edited by Zorlac; 07-31-2009 at 08:48 PM.

Your case is a water liquid coolers dream! Thats an easy 700.00 to 800.00 if you throw in some different style side panel designs and rad mesh styles options and different MoBo layouts.

I would say If you build it, they will pay for it, look at the prices people are paying for half the quality and some are steel cases. Hell look what people pay for cars!

Thats the best damn looking case and layout for what most people have to cram into a case 1/2 that and the cooling still suffers. Good luck, I hope to see it marketed one day, don't wait to long I'm sure someone who works for a case company is looking at it to copy! Don't miss your chance!

Xtreme Member
    Especially with a door and under $300 I would buy it in a heartbeat.
    i7 920 DO 3850A849 @4410 under custom water.
    Asus P6T deluxe V2
    3X2gb Mushkin DDR3 1600 998691
    Sapphire 4870 1g
    Corsair Hx 850 psu
    2 G.Skill titan 128gb SSDs in RAID0 Data
    Intel X25-M OS drive
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 101718192021222330 ... LastLast