Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team Fortress 2, Should I buy it?

Banned
    Okay, so someone who is a 'run n gun' type player like myself, which class should I use first? Scout. I've never really been a 'sniper' type player. I don't have the patience to sit back and wait.

Xtreme Addict
    Run and gun? Last I heard, TF2 is run and spam :P

All systems sold. Will be back after Sandy Bridge!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by walno1 View Post
    Okay, so someone who is a 'run n gun' type player like myself, which class should I use first? Scout. I've never really been a 'sniper' type player. I don't have the patience to sit back and wait.
    I'd try pyro. Solider is more of a run n gun class as well, but slower and reload times are horrid.
    Donate to XtremeSystems!

Workstation: Intel Core i7 4770, Asus Maximus VI Gene, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1866, eVGA SC GTX Titan, 256GB Crucial M4, Corsair HX850, Corsair H100i. Corsair Carbide 350D
    Fileserver: 2x AMD Opteron 2425HE, Supermicro H8DME-2, 24GB DDR2-667, Supermicro 846TQ 24bay Chassis, Redundant 920w, 256 Crucial M4 boot, 20TB Storage
    Notebook Asus Zenbook UX32VD-DH71, Intel Core i7 3517u, 10GB DDR3-1600, 256GB Crucial M4, Geforce GT 620M

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Demos are good for run and gun, Also a good medic with the Blutsauger and Uber Bone Saw is a force to be recconed with.

Xtreme Recruit
    Is it good YES
    Is it worth getting YES.
    Getting bolloked of the missus for spending more time on that than her NOT GOOD.

JUST GET IT AND ENJOY
    Core2 Q6600 (B0)@3.6ghz
    Abit IP35 Pro
    4 Gig Corsair 6400 XMS2
    1x Samsung 250 sata
    1X Samsung 500 sata
    Gefarce 9800gtx
    Antec P900
    Various fans and bits

Always try to be modest and be proud of it!

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried

Xtreme Cruncher
    Great game must have
    Intel i7 2600k, Asus p8p67 EVO, Thermalright Archon, G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB, Asus EAH6970 DCII, Corsair AX850W, Asus xonar essence ST, Coolermaster HAF 932,
    Crucial C300 128GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB, Samsung F3 1TB.

The world needs your support.
    Join The XS WCG team and help cure Cancer, AIDS, and other diseases.

Xtreme Member
    great game .....I will buy soon

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WesM63 View Post
    You just missed the $10 steam deal on it.

Fantastic game and one of my favorite MP games of all time.

Right now is a bad time to start playing due to the scout update. Any server you join will be flooded with scouts. Give it another week and things will most likely start to get back to normal.
    Good news! There is a $20 off deal for Best Buy 'Rewardzone' members. This makes the game only $10 dollars. And that is for the complete orange box. I have to get it for sure now.

I signed up for the rewardzone membership at the bestbuy website. It's free and then just make sure you enroll in the 'gamersclub'. After that you can print a coupon for the $20 off deal.

Other games included are:
    Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3,
    Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Premier Edition,
    Crysis, Crysis Warhead,
    EA Sports Collection,
    Fifa Soccer 09

The deal is valid from 3-2-09 to 3-15-09 (in store only)

Maybe someone might want to post a new thread about this, I take no credit for the find, as it was mentioned to me on another forum. I am just sharing the wealth.

Xtreme Member
    Scout is the run in gun and run away class. If you ever get good at it then you will see that even before the class updates he is teh awesome.

I play a lot of classes depending the map, my team, the other team, and my mood.

Demo pwns as well if you can l2p him really good. Wish I could advertise my server here but I am pretty sure its against the rules.

Definitely get it. Just be aware that we just had some updates, and the details of a lot of classes are being adjusted (and accidentally broken in a lot of cases) for a bit.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Just play all the classes and find what you like. I love scout and that is what I spend 90% of my time playing because I am someone that has to be moving all the time and after you get down jumping and being able to move different directions all the time you can kill any class easy.
    ~ Little Slice of Heaven ~
    Lian Li PC-A05NB w/ Gentle Typhoons
    Core i7 860 @ 3gHz w/ Thor's Hammer
    eVGA P55 SLI
    8GB RAM
    Gigabyte 7970
    Corsair HX850
    OZC Vertex3 SSD 240GB

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xtreme Member
    One of the best games ever
    e8400 4.0Ghz Q747A374 - Thermalright Ultima-90 ES - Asus P5K-D (bios 809) - BFG 285 GTX - 4Gb Mushkin Blackline PC8500 - Deck Legend Keyboard - X-fi Platinum w/BeyerDynamic DT-990pro Headset Mod - Silverstone TJ-07 - Antec Quattro 850w - Samsung 275T - OCZ Vertex 120gb + 1TB WD - Windows 7 64bit Pro

"The data on the MiG is inaccurate..."

Xtreme Member
    "Who touched Sasha?!"
    Nice game though , got mine with "Black Box" , Love to play as Heavy =)
    Also Pyro and Scout are nice .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12