• use 2, want 2

7 38.89%
  • use 2, want 3 or 4!

0 0%

Thread: NIC/LAN Feedback

Xtreme X.I.P.

NIC/LAN Feedback

Forgot about this one!
    I always loved Dual NIC/LAN boards, and teaming is a nice feature, but i cant actually think of a useful way to use LAN teaming at all, and thinking about it the only time i used both NICs was when i had a lan party and didnt want to share the dsl line via the router/switch :P hehehe
    but i still kinda want 2... even tho i dont use them, dont ask me why, you just never know what it might be good for

Now that almost all dsl modems have a switch or router integrated, i wonder how many of you really use 2 NICs and want them.
    Last edited by saaya; 03-04-2009 at 07:18 AM.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Occasionally using two, however I would NOT buy a enthusiast grade motherboard with only 1 NIC.
    But I'd say yes in a "normal, se, deluxe" modeling theme, for example:

BloodRage GTR ( Fully fledged version, full extra package, 2 NICs, WiFi, e-SATA, waterblock & dry ice pot, etc )
    BloodRage GTI ( Near fully fledged, missing the SAS, the WiFi and the waterblock & dry ice pot, still having 2 NICs )
    BloodRage GT ( 1 NIC only, no WiFi, no SAS, no waterblock, no dry ice pot, no e-SATA )
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme X.I.P.
    thanks for the feedback so far, and yeah bill, i was thinking the same, but foxconn wants to keep the SKUs small... they count every variation of a board as a new project and they limit the number of projects since we arent going through great times exactly atm
    so its hard to decide what to add in the top end and in the mainstream version of the board...

but we will have several boards soon which should offer a very nice and smooth product lineup.
    BR
    BR GTi
    FB
    FB GTi
    and then P55 is coming too
    and i hope i can push them to make a BR-X board

i use 2 and want them, but i want something working with hyperV
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme X.I.P.
    hmmmm what nic works good with hyperv then?
    realtek doesnt?
    i can tell our realtek FAE to push realtek to improve virtualization support
    just tell me what to tell them
    Last edited by saaya; 03-08-2009 at 05:49 PM.