Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: CeBIT: Corsair raids the chassis market: competitors beware?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    The idea is good, but that will lead to kill the simple and clean look which has brought so many attention to users, theres a feature though for a $300 case doeasn't have a removable motherboard tray!!!

Is this picture represents better what you meant?

Yeah, something clean and functional. Nothing too fancy because that would take away from the contemporary look of this case, which I really like. Maybe a flat black squared handle of sorts.
    Current: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.2GHz / EK Supremacy/ 360 EK Rad, EK-DBAY D5 PWM, 32GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Vega 64 Wave, Samsung nVME SSDs
    Prior Build: Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz / Apogee XT/120.2 Magicool rad, 16GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Saphire rx580 8GB, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Intel 4.5GHz LinX Stable Club

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Katanai View Post
    Well, this is a nice case. I'm glad to see Corsair also making cases now, it's never a bad idea to diversify your product line. But I don't know what people in this thread are on about. The TJ07 is still king. I don't see why you would even compare it to it. This, aesthetically speaking, is a V2000 replica so comparisons with that case would be more adequate.
    Even the slightly smaller, cheaper and similar looking V1010A has wheels and a removable mobo try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    ROFL
    who are you speaking for
    It's the royal we.

Asus P6T | Corsair H100 | i7 920 @ Stock| 6GB Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz |
    EVGA GTX670 SC 4GB | 4x WD Caviar Black 640GB RAID10 Array | CoolerMaster Centurion 590 |
    Corsair 850HX Modular PSU

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Pt1t View Post
    Looking at these pics i think corsair is the only case that could fit this on top!

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░░▀ ░░░▀░▀ ░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░

I am Xtreme
    Looking at these pics i think corsair is the only case that could fit this on top!

Look closer at the top of the HAF 932? It looks like it already has hole pre-drilled for this Radiator and Others like it.

Corsair has a great Case, I'd just disagreed that the other case makers were missing any sleep over it.
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbeard View Post
    We're looking into it as we speak. We might release future variants of the case targeted towards specific uses, like large diameter top/side panel fans, etc. But right now the case doesn't allow for a large top exhaust for a 230mm fan.

Keep in mind the version at CEBIT is a pre-tooling prototype and the overall features and design might change a bit between now and launch.

Should everything work out we hope to have the case in stores in early May.
    Great just in time for my i7 build!

I love the whole design layout especially the cable mgmnt features!

Leave it just like it is it's perfect!

Mel
    MB: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / Bios ver:6102 / Cpu:Ryzen 2700x @ 4.2Ghz (24/7) (1.373), FSB 100x42
    Ram: GSkill PC4-25600 2x8Gb @ 3200MHz, 14-14-14-14-34-1T, 1.352v
    Gfx: EVGa 1080Ti GTX FTW DT
    SSD: Samsung 960 M2 Evo 500 GB
    PSU: Corsair HX1000W
    Cooling: EKWB L360 Kit
    Temps: Cpu: 30c Ambient / 28c @ Idle / 65c @ 100% Load

Xtreme Member
    Just read that this case is going to be mostly steel other than the front panel. A little disappointing, for that price I would expect the body to be aluminum...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie27 View Post
    Look closer at the top of the HAF 932? It looks like it already has hole pre-drilled for this Radiator and Others like it.

Corsair has a great Case, I'd just disagreed that the other case makers were missing any sleep over it.
    I've seen the HAF personally and the corsair space between mobo and top looks a bit more bigger than HAF thats just me I could be wrong tho.
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░░▀ ░░░▀░▀ ░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░

Xtreme Addict
    Judging by the pics I'd have to say definitely HAF has more room by a good couple of cm at least, remember HAF fits an ATX PSU at the top too, at least 2cm space at the top and 2cm space from the mobo
    i5-750 w/ Thermalright Ultra120X
    Coolermaster HAF-932
    MSI GD65
    2x2GB G.skill Cas7 1600MHz
    Sapphire HD6870
    Western Digital 640GB.AAKS
    2x Samsung F1 1TB
    2x Samsung SLC 64GB SSD
    Pioneer DVR-212BK
    Corsair HX620W
    Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music (dead, using onboard -.-)
    LG W2286L

I am Xtreme
    I've seen the HAF personally and the corsair space between mobo and top looks a bit more bigger than HAF thats just me I could be wrong tho.
    I saw the Case and not the Radiator so maybe you're right, I don't know for sure. It just looked like it'd fit. Look at the screw patterns? I didn't get the HAF simily because I want more shielding

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyNV View Post
    Judging by the pics I'd have to say definitely HAF has more room by a good couple of cm at least, remember HAF fits an ATX PSU at the top too, at least 2cm space at the top and 2cm space from the mobo
    No it doesn't! You have the option of using the top or bottom or Top and Bottom for redundancy.

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/prod...roduct_id=2810
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...&Tpk=HAF%20932

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

Xtreme Addict
    Sorry what? I've had the HAF for a good 4 months or so now.
    Looking at this pic
    http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,6...=677612&page=1

and then looking into my own case, I still say the HAF has a bit more room, only slightly though.
    Coolermaster HAF-932
    MSI GD65
    Sapphire HD6870
    2x Samsung F1 1TB
    2x Samsung SLC 64GB SSD
    Pioneer DVR-212BK
    Corsair HX620W
    LG W2286L

I am Xtreme
    Sorry what? I've had the HAF for a good 4 months or so now.
    Looking at this pic
    http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,6...=677612&page=1

and then looking into my own case, I still say the HAF has a bit more room, only slightly though.
    Saw PSU in the bottom, not the top. I almost bought the case but didn't.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/C...HAF_932/5.html

Edit: I also like the Square hole for Heatsink brace.

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

The Corsair and the ATCS 840 has that as well. After wrestling with the V8 that's become a necessity for cases I look at.

Xtreme Addict
    Saw PSU in the bottom, not the top. I almost bought the case but didn't.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/C...HAF_932/5.html

what I meant is that in the HAF you can fit an ATX PSU at the top with about 2cm room at the top to spare and about 2cm room from PSU to motherboard, just means a huge amount of space, enough to easily fit that fatty rad

the default location is at the bottom in the HAF because you need to remove the top 230mm fan in order to fit a PSU at the top (you can still add two 120mm fans with normal length ATX psus though)

Anyway, back on topic, someone who works for a big retailer in UK contacted Corsair about pricing, apparently initial price is £260-270! holy hell expensive
    Coolermaster HAF-932
    MSI GD65
    Sapphire HD6870
    2x Samsung F1 1TB
    2x Samsung SLC 64GB SSD
    Pioneer DVR-212BK
    Corsair HX620W
    LG W2286L

I am Xtreme
    what I meant is that in the HAF you can fit an ATX PSU at the top with about 2cm room at the top to spare and about 2cm room from PSU to motherboard, just means a huge amount of space, enough to easily fit that fatty rad

the default location is at the bottom in the HAF because you need to remove the top 230mm fan in order to fit a PSU at the top (you can still add two 120mm fans with normal length ATX psus though)

Anyway, back on topic, someone who works for a big retailer in UK contacted Corsair about pricing, apparently initial price is £260-270! holy hell expensive
    Hehehe, that's what I said.

Yes, back' on Topic.

I hope They listen to whats being said here as well. So far;

Pros;
    Plenty of Room for just about any config.
    Strikingly beautiful for folks who love that no-nonsense sleek industrial look (I do).
    Black inside and out.
    Easy access to HDD.
    Nice Drive mounting system.
    Forethought for Cable Management.

Cons;
    Costs
    No motherboard tray
    Filters

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Suraci View Post
    The Corsair and the ATCS 840 has that as well. After wrestling with the V8 that's become a necessity for cases I look at.
    Sorry, I missed your post. This is becoming a must feature in our market segment.

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

Xtreme Cruncher
    i think i only would get it if they make it in alu or almost every single part in alu ( less than 10kg in weight) and they think about the PA120.3 owners
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme Member
    Hehehe, that's what I said.

Yes, back' on Topic.

I hope They listen to whats being said here as well. So far;

Pros;
    Plenty of Room for just about any config.
    Strikingly beautiful for folks who love that no-nonsense sleek industrial look (I do).
    Black inside and out.
    Easy access to HDD.
    Nice Drive mounting system.
    Forethought for Cable Management.

Cons;
    Costs
    No motherboard tray
    Filters
    Thanks Donnie for bringing this up. When you consider that Corsair will be focused on intaking air from the bottom, it's puzzling that there is no filter. Many of us already have a case on a desk/table to reduce dust intake. My LL PC-A70 is the first case purchase for me to have filters. It's seriously amazing how little dust there is in the case b/c of that.

And the mobo tray is what I would consider a no-brainer for the $250+ crowd. The materials, OTOH, I really don't care as long as it doesn't rattle. The LL, being my second case since 2001 (first was my 8-year old Chieftec AX-01BLD), is aluminum just like my first case and has a tendency to vibrate very easily b/c of it's weight. If steels helps it be quieter (P182 for example), then material is not much of a deal-breaker for me.
    >> i5 750 @ 3.6Ghz | CM212Plus + P12 | P55-UD3R [BIOS F2] | 4GB G.Skill CL8 | Zotac GTX 580
    .: 4 x 1TB WD | Corsair TX750 | Lian Li PC-A70A | X-Fi | Logitech Z-2300

Quote Originally Posted by Mav451 View Post
    Thanks Donnie for bringing this up. When you consider that Corsair will be focused on intaking air from the bottom, it's puzzling that there is no filter. Many of us already have a case on a desk/table to reduce dust intake. My LL PC-A70 is the first case purchase for me to have filters. It's seriously amazing how little dust there is in the case b/c of that.

And the mobo tray is what I would consider a no-brainer for the $250+ crowd. The materials, OTOH, I really don't care as long as it doesn't rattle. The LL, being my second case since 2001 (first was my 8-year old Chieftec AX-01BLD), is aluminum just like my first case and has a tendency to vibrate very easily b/c of it's weight. If steels helps it be quieter (P182 for example), then material is not much of a deal-breaker for me.
    They mention in the video that there will be filters for the bottom intake fan, just not in that display unit as it's a very early sample.

I agree about the removeable mobo tray though, that's pretty much a given for any case in that price range. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's one of the things they "hadn't done yet" in time for the show.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] leviathan18 View Post
    i think i only would get it if they make it in alu or almost every single part in alu ( less than 10kg in weight) and they think about the PA120.3 owners
    Not to be contrary, but I truly hope they don't mess around with the Thermochill fan spacing. TC is making up an ever smaller fraction of the radiator market due to their higher prices and muddled supply chain; and moreover, every other significant player in the market uses the same 15mm fan spacing that TC chose to break from. I would say that TC owners should resign themselves to either buying custom TC friendly cases (like Mountian Mods), drilling their own holes, or getting those radgrill things specifically for Thermochill rads.

As for the case composition, I would naively say that an all/majority aluminum version, although sexy, would represent a significant cost increase. With this case you are paying for the SATA hotswap functionality, and painted interior whether you like it or not. Note that the Lian-Li PC-X price point starts at $370 (midtower) and consider what type of premium you would have to pay for a predominantly aluminum version of this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Suraci View Post
    I agree about the removeable mobo tray though, that's pretty much a given for any case in that price range. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's one of the things they "hadn't done yet" in time for the show.
    I would add that I would prefer a good removable mobo tray to not having a tray, but if the tray rattles at all, messes up the side panel release, or more importantly the cable routing then I would rather do without. All things considered, mobo trays are nice, but now that producers have gone to the open space behind the backplate design they aren't as big of a deal.
    Last edited by Meatpuppet; 03-04-2009 at 05:03 PM.
    ASUS P7P55D
    Intel CORE i7-860
    EVGA 8800gt 512mb
    Corsair 800D

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] leviathan18 View Post
    +1

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatpuppet View Post
    Not to be contrary, but I truly hope they don't mess around with the Thermochill fan spacing. TC is making up an ever smaller fraction of the radiator market due to their higher prices and muddled supply chain; and moreover, every other significant player in the market uses the same 15mm fan spacing that TC chose to break from. I would say that TC owners should resign themselves to either buying custom TC friendly cases (like Mountian Mods), drilling their own holes, or getting those radgrill things specifically for Thermochill rads.

As for the case composition, I would naively say that an all/majority aluminum version, although sexy, would represent a significant cost increase. With this case you are paying for the SATA hotswap functionality, and painted interior whether you like it or not. Note that the Lian-Li PC-X price point starts at $370 (midtower) and consider what type of premium you would have to pay for a predominantly aluminum version of this case.

I would add that I would prefer a good removable mobo tray to not having a tray, but if the tray rattles at all, messes up the side panel release, or more importantly the cable routing then I would rather do without. All things considered, mobo trays are nice, but now that producers have gone to the open space behind the backplate design they aren't as big of a deal.
    you should re check lian li prices http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811112178
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Mav451 View Post

I hear you about the Lian LI and rattles. I have to bend the hinges each time I remove the side panels.

Any High-End case should ship with filters IMHO. After cleaning out my wife's computer last week, I jerry rigged some for hers.

We didn't bring this up to be off topic. I hope Corsair is listening and implements the ideas many of us mentioned here. If they don't, then many of the other companies will not only not loose any sleep, they'd not even care and have little to beware of.

Even if I don't buy one, I'd feel good if they changed something that the buyer did enjoy. Someone else having a better experience because of those changes is great. Again, I like Corsair and I think they earn most of that premium others were complaining about.

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

Corsair Rep
    Just so you guys know - there will be a filter on the bottom in the final version.

Also, we're playing around with the airflow and have just had some very interesting results that may change the orientation of the fans around a bit on the final version. A lot of exhaust and intake fans might have to re-evaluate their purposes.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast