Thread: MM Extended Ascension MB position

Xtreme Member

MM Extended Ascension MB position

I ordered a few extra parts for my MM case that will give me the option to mount the MB horizontal or vertical. Not sure which way will allow a cleaner look as far as running tubes and wires. Anyone have a MM case that had the MB mounted both ways?

Xtreme Member
    I'm running mine in Horizontal. In the process of building. I installed my WBs yesterday and the package is DAMN heavy. Installing vertically is not going to be an option for me. I'll be running my tube later today and you can take a look at it. There are a couple of other MM Build Logs in the WC section so you can get some ideas.
    Black Dragon
    MM Extended Ascension - Powder Coat Black
    Core i7 920 | 12GB Corsair DDR3-1600 | eVGA x58 | 3 x eVGA GTX285 SC | 2 x 640GB WD Black in RAID 0 | TT Toughpower 1200W Modular PSU | 24" LG Monitor | Vista Ultimate x64

WC Loop 1: Swiftch MCR320 | Laing DDC w/ XSPC Res Top | Swiftech GTZ
    WC Loop 2: 2 x Swiftch MCR320 | Laing DDC w/ XSPC Res Top | BP Black Freezer NB/SB | 3 x Koolance Fullcover Waterblock

I think vertical gives you a better space behind the MB but horizontal is better if you have heavy components. I personally like the way the horizontal looks in the case.
    E8400 SLAPL 420x9 @ 1.3v (1.375 bios)
    Gigabye UD3P Rev 1.0 F7 Bios
    Crucial Ballistix 2x1gb DDR2 PC8500
    Seasonic M12 700W Modular
    EVGA 8800GT
    Antec 900
    36x2gb Raptor RAID 0
    WD 640gb Black

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by capreppy View Post
    I'm running mine in Horizontal. In the process of building. I installed my WBs yesterday and the package is DAMN heavy. Installing vertically is not going to be an option for me. I'll be running my tube later today and you can take a look at it. There are a couple of other MM Build Logs in the WC section so you can get some ideas.
    Cool...i'd like to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by turbotrey View Post
    I think vertical gives you a better space behind the MB but horizontal is better if you have heavy components. I personally like the way the horizontal looks in the case.
    I'm going to start with it horizontal and see how it goes. I was leaning that way too.