Thread: Push/Pull HR-01+ or Scythe Kama Bay in Solo?

Push/Pull HR-01+ or Scythe Kama Bay in Solo?

I have the Antec Solo. Currently with 2x 92mm Nexus intake fans and 1x120mm Nexus exhaust fan. CPU cooling is a HR-01+ w/S clip & 120mm Nexus. I'm lookign to cool the CPU better, I've read the Noctura HSF works well with push/pull but the TRUE not soo much. How about the HR-01? Also being a somewhat slow fan ~1100 rpm I'm guessing adding another would help. I'm also thinking about adding a Scythe Kama bay with another Nexus 120mm. Would this cause too much intake and not enough exhaust? the Corsair 650TX is over the CPU so I guess that's acting as an exhaust somewhat as well.

Admin
    The TRUE loves push/pull at low RPM! Probably moreso than any other common high-end HSF out there Especially more than the HR-01+, which, while great in its own right, is not an airflow lover (by design).

TRUECu behaves identically to the TRUE in terms of airflow scaling, I just don't have a ready graph for it. This was at 3.2GHz, 1.45V on my QX6700

That's a pretty nice difference in temps. Right now I'm kind of ghetto rigging it by zip tying an extra fan in the 5 1/4 bays to see if it makes a difference. So far it looks like it is.

Looks like it might of dropped a few degrees off the CPU temp but raised the mobo temp a couple of degrees