Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A question of male morals

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
    I'm surprised no one has done it yet.

Sigh. This thread had shreds of good advice in it and then CERTAIN PEOPLE COUGH SPARKS COUGH COUGH had to crap in it.

But its the law of the internet: Pics or she's a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Polizei View Post
    Sigh. This thread had shreds of good advice in it and then CERTAIN PEOPLE COUGH SPARKS COUGH COUGH had to crap in it.
    I'm sorry, the thread has just been too serious and on topic for wamps. I just had to try and derail it a couple times
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Addict
    Well, here's the story behind it.

Back when my old roommate and this girl were together (a year ago), naturally, even though he's my roommate, I would steal a glance once in a while... she is after all, very easy to look (or stare) at. Curves in all the right places, to be cliche.

Fast forward to three days ago. One of my current roommates is not too smart with money. He claims he doesn't want to spend it but splurges on ridiculous things. His 1 year anniversary with his girlfriend is March 19th, and he told me he wanted to get a limo to take them from a hotel to a restaurant and then back to the hotel, but didn't want to pay $300 for 4 hours of service. He looks at me (knowing money is a good motivator in my eyes) and says, "Tom, if I rented a BMW or Mercedes from Enterprise, would you drive me and Ashley around if I paid you $100?" The limo is $300, paying me $100 and getting a rental car is $200, so he's saving money but still spending a lot on something that's not entirely necessary. So I think to myself, "BMW... Mercedes... Hell, he's paying me $100 to wear a suit for 4 hours. I'd drive the car for free." It's less than 10 minutes of driving each way from the hotel to the restaurant, so I would have about 3.5 hours to kill while looking damm good in a suit, $100 in my pocket, and a sweet ride for the night.

I see my old roommate's ex online, her and I still talk once in a while. I throw it out to her as a joke, "Hey Jenn, what are you doing March 19th at like 7pm?" and she laughed, and said it was her spring break week but she wasn't doing anything. I told her the story and when she questioned where I was going with the story, I joked about her finding "a little blue dress because we're going to dinner." Blue, because all I have with me here at school is my blue pinstripe suit. She got super excited and when I asked why, she tried to play it off like she likes getting dolled up in a dress and what not and loves BMWs and everything. I joked about her getting excited about going to dinner with me because she had a thing for me and that's when she confessed she's had feelings for a couple months now.

Her and I talked about these "feelings" for a bit last night and I'm still not completely past the fact that it might be a rebound. We'll see... there's no harm in her and I talking in my opinion, because her and I talked while they were still dating. Assuming I do end up with that BMW or Mercedes for the night on March 19th - and even if I don't - I'll have to man up and tell my old roommate what's going on.
    hey man this sounds about as real as it get's she sounds like a fun person to be around with , never go in to a good time with a gal with expectations

and just enjoy each other's company ... thats where real things come from
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PENT E8400 batch #814A014 ...4.3 at 1.34v~4.7 at 1.45v
    FOXCONN MARS
    COOLIT Eliminator 7*c idle~27~38*c load $95bucks !
    BUFFALO FireStix's ddr2-800 do 1200 eazy at 2.1v
    OCZ 2x2 kit pc2 8500 - 1066 @1069 atm
    Quattro 1000W
    Radeon 2-4850's in crossfire
    OCZ Vertex SSD thanks Tony!
    ALL PIPED INTO HOUSE AIRCOND ;}
    *QUANTUM FORCE* saaya & sham rocks !
    *REAL TEMP*
    At least you've got some Xtreme software now for working in Xtreme situations! "Unclewebb" rocks !
    *MEMSET* Felix rocks !
    *SUPER TEC MAN* UncleJimbo rocks !
    OVERCLOCKERS MAG..http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=197660

Xtreme Member
    Look at it from his point of view, if you end up marrying her he can always wind you up by saying he's banged your wife.
    Hiper HPU-4M880, Q6600@3.6Ghz 1.5V, Abit IP35-E, 2x2GB OCZ Dominator PC8500, [COLOR="Blue"]XFX 6950Watercooled

Xtreme Cruncher
    I'm sorry, the thread has just been too serious and on topic for wamps. I just had to try and derail it a couple times
    Go back to WCG, you de-railer you.

Go back to WCG, you de-railer you.
    The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Wanna Pull My Finger?
    Anyone Wanna Pull My Finger?

you can see what pulling my finger did to Sparkyjjo in his avatar pic
    Donate to Xtreme Systems!

Now Showing:
    Gigabyte x48-DQ6, Q6600,OCZ 1066 Reapers,2 750gb seagate 7200.11 hd, BFG 8800GTS 512,PC P&C 750 Quad psu, 24" Sceptre lcd, Antec 900

my wife's system now!
    Intel C2D 6400, Zotac Matx mobo, 1gb kingston mem, Nvidia 7050, I Feel really Good now!
    Jon C2D 6600 Zotac mobo 1gb mem............................................... ................. HTPC qx6700@3.0ghz
    Annabelle Amd 3800+@2.4ghz, Biostar mobo, 1gb ocz pc4500 beta's................. Optyx2 opty165@ 2.1 ghz

'Want a real high?
    Come crunch WCG and you'll feel like your on QuadCaine"

First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by fart_plume View Post
    you can see what pulling my finger did to Sparkyjjo in his avatar pic
    Heck I didn't even have to pull your finger, you passing me was bad enough
    That's why I'm trying my best to stay ahead now!
    Last edited by Sparky; 02-24-2009 at 06:11 PM.
    The Cardboard Master

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by XShortGuy View Post
    But its the law of the internet: Pics or she's a dude.
    Come on, Polizei fess up. Is your she actually a he? j/k

--Chris
    SOGOs > BOGOs

Banned
    I wonder how the chicks on this forum feel about this; tone it down, you sexists.

Wanna Pull My Finger?
    Heck I didn't even have to pull your finger, you passing me was bad enough
    That's why I'm trying my best to stay ahead now!
    In less than a week you going to find that alot tougher........Muhahahaha..........

Now Showing:
    Gigabyte x48-DQ6, Q6600,OCZ 1066 Reapers,2 750gb seagate 7200.11 hd, BFG 8800GTS 512,PC P&C 750 Quad psu, 24" Sceptre lcd, Antec 900

my wife's system now!
    Intel C2D 6400, Zotac Matx mobo, 1gb kingston mem, Nvidia 7050, I Feel really Good now!
    Jon C2D 6600 Zotac mobo 1gb mem............................................... ................. HTPC qx6700@3.0ghz
    Annabelle Amd 3800+@2.4ghz, Biostar mobo, 1gb ocz pc4500 beta's................. Optyx2 opty165@ 2.1 ghz

'Want a real high?

First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

In less than a week you going to find that alot tougher........Muhahahaha..........
    yeah yeah I keep hearing about this but still have yet to see it
    The Cardboard Master

Hehe... sorry Tom I think we really got your thread off topic

I'll leave it alone now, back to the DC forums I go
    The Cardboard Master

Xtreme Member
    Ehhh its only been 5 minutes... Talk to her more until you have a real handle on "Is it worth loosing my guy friend for this girl?"

Cause you will loose him. But, so be it....

Whatever you do do not ask the guy friend "is she off limits." You can not win asking that question.

And also... and this is a biggie... In your next 20 encounters with this girl---> do NOT talk at all about your mutual friend (the ex-boyfriend.) Just don't bring it up until things are established.

Ooooo one last thing... girls love :banana::banana::banana::banana:.... ok ...... ignore that last part
    Last edited by Battle_Rattle; 02-24-2009 at 08:12 PM.
    e8400 4.0Ghz Q747A374 - Thermalright Ultima-90 ES - Asus P5K-D (bios 809) - BFG 285 GTX - 4Gb Mushkin Blackline PC8500 - Deck Legend Keyboard - X-fi Platinum w/BeyerDynamic DT-990pro Headset Mod - Silverstone TJ-07 - Antec Quattro 850w - Samsung 275T - OCZ Vertex 120gb + 1TB WD - Windows 7 64bit Pro

"The data on the MiG is inaccurate..."

Wanna Pull My Finger?
    The real question you have to ask yourself is "What does your Heart say about it?". If your hem hawing around and asking this sort of question on a tech forum then I would say that you really don't think it's right. You have to live with yourself, no getting away from that.

Now Showing:

my wife's system now!

'Want a real high?

Xtreme Cruncher
    The real question you have to ask yourself is "What does your Heart say about it?". If your hem hawing around and asking this sort of question on a tech forum then I would say that you really don't think it's right. You have to live with yourself, no getting away from that.
    Hey now, the question I posed was important enough to be on the Man Law commercials for Miller Lite. I figured people on this forum drank/drink enough Miller Lite to be familiar, and thus, would have a decent answer.

On a serious note, I kind of want to go through with it just to see what can happen and if what he said about her was true, but at the same time, the bros before hoes thing kicks in when it comes to dating friend's exes. I wouldn't want him dating my ex, just to save him the hassle and frustration. Six one, half dozen the other.

Ok, I'm going to get really real for a moment so as to hopefully provide some clarity in this situation:

It sounds like you're thinking too much with your...assistant. You seem perfectly aware up top that it's a bad idea, but your assistant keeps going "GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO!" so you continue entertaining the idea and are looking for communal justification. No amount of talking about it and explaining it will make it any more or less right--it will just let you whittle away your misgivings about it by eventually diluting your reaction to the proposition over time.

If it was wrong when you started this thread, it always will be. The only right way to do it right by your friend would be to just straight up ask him if he's okay with it. If this pursuit isn't worth doing that, what does that really say about how important this all is?
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    Ok, I'm going to get really real for a moment so as to hopefully provide some clarity in this situation:

It sounds like you're thinking too much with your...assistant. You seem perfectly aware up top that it's a bad idea, but your assistant keeps going "GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO!" so you continue entertaining the idea and are looking for communal justification. No amount of talking about it and explaining it will make it any more or less right--it will just let you whittle away your misgivings about it by eventually diluting your reaction to the proposition over time.

If it was wrong when you started this thread, it always will be. The only right way to do it right by your friend would be to just straight up ask him if he's okay with it. If this pursuit isn't worth doing that, what does that really say about how important this all is?
    Hmm... I guess what I mean is that if he had an honest problem with me dating her, I probably wouldn't even though technically I could. I would jsut feel guilty doing something I knew pissed him off. Part of the reason why I asked about a time frame was given that he was the one that dumped her, how soon after would he not care (or should not care) that I date/potentially date her?

Sure, it's a question of male ethics but at the same time, it's not. He lives 45 minutes away from school now, commuting every day. He comes down here sometimes to visit my ex because he's still somewhat friends with her... it's a "Well, might as well visit Rachel while I'm here" kind of thing. He probably wouldn't see it that way if I drove to his house and had the "Might as well visit Jenn while I'm here" mentality, even though he lives ten minutes from her house. In reality, if he hangs out with my ex, he shouldn't have a problem if I hang out with his. I hope this isn't coming off as a justification to piss him off or anything, I hold no grudges for him hanging out with my ex. As Omastar sometimes, he'll agree with this statement - "Why would he want to hang out with my ex?"

From the moment I met Jenn, I've kinda had a thing for her... we have more outwardly in common than I do with my ex so it seems natural that I'd want to get to know her. At the time, they were together, so I couldn't without raising some territorial flags so to speak.

I'm rambling... I hope some of that made sense.
    Last edited by Polizei; 02-25-2009 at 12:16 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Hey now, the question I posed was important enough to be on the Man Law commercials for Miller Lite. I figured people on this forum drank/drink enough Miller Lite to be familiar, and thus, would have a decent answer.

On a serious note, I kind of want to go through with it just to see what can happen and if what he said about her was true, but at the same time, the bros before hoes thing kicks in when it comes to dating friend's exes. I wouldn't want him dating my ex, just to save him the hassle and frustration. Six one, half dozen the other.
    Oh, you must tell!!! Does she have a third nipple or something??
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Kayin View Post
    Should the RIAA ever target me, I will immediately forfeit US citizenship and move back to reservation, which has no extradition policy and would probably tell Whitey to get bent or we'll scalp you and take your women...
    Free Omastar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    Just ask her and don't worry about your friend. He is a loser if he gets buttered.

Women are not items that belong to owners. Asking the ex if you can have her is very degrading. (Some will disagree that they are property. )
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ Intel i7 3770k
    ░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░ ASUS GTX680
    ░░░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄░░░░░ ASUS Maximun V Gene
    ░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█░░░░ Mushkin 8GB Blackline
    ░░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░█░░░░ Crucial M4 256GB
    ░░░▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░█░░░ Hitachi Deskstar 2TB x2
    ░░█▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒█░░ FSP 750W Gold
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ Fractal Arc Mini

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] 2long4u View Post
    Oh, you must tell!!! Does she have a third nipple or something??
    Nah, he just said stuff like she was clingy or needy and things like that. He keeps their private life private, like I expected he would.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Well did you talk to ether if them yet? It has been a few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Kayin View Post
    Should the RIAA ever target me, I will immediately forfeit US citizenship and move back to reservation, which has no extradition policy and would probably tell Whitey to get bent or we'll scalp you and take your women...
    Free Omastar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    *puts on asscap*

My question:

How well does she overclock?

*removes asscap*

Mate, sounds like you've resolved to give it a go. Best advice at this point is to find out how clingy she is. Last thing you want is to be whipped and have your cell ring every five min. with her accusing you of cheating.

--Chris
    SOGOs > BOGOs

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] 2long4u View Post
    Well did you talk to ether if them yet? It has been a few days.
    Her and I talk a little each day, she has work a lot and when she's not working, she's busy helping her mom's business or something so she can't talk much. I don't think I really need to tell my ex roommate what's going on until her and I actually go on a date, right? I mean, he knows Jenn and I are friends so her and I talking is nothing new.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast