Thread: Mach II GT Controller Help

Mach II GT Controller Help

Over the course of the last two weeks, i've had a motherboard die, lost a raid array and borked the firmware on my Mach II GT controller.

(Getting the "Boot Loading Waiting" message)

To reinstall the firmware, i need to install the software. After some difficulty, and installing Vista 32bit (as the drivers are not recognized in 64 bit) i was able to get the drivers to take, and the software installed.
    (Note: this means in device manager i have the proper identification of the unit)

Now when i try to run MCC (the Control Center software) i get the message: "USB Error" and "USB connection failed -unable to run program" I have tried reinstalling the software, this proved futile.

Any suggestions are welcome
    Thanks
    TLD

Xtreme Enthusiast
    this is happening beacuse even though u got it to reconize it in vista there is not drivers for vista and will have to go back to XP as this is the same things that happened to me and i just when't back to XP and all my problems were gone

XIP
    Can you just bypass the software? I ran it fine w/out it.

Administrator
    Have you tried to run the software in Compabilty mode ?

right click on the software icon and go to properties, select Win XP compability mode.

Quote Originally Posted by ruffus View Post
    this is happening beacuse even though u got it to reconize it in vista there is not drivers for vista and will have to go back to XP as this is the same things that happened to me and i just when't back to XP and all my problems were gone
    That's a bummer, i'll have to install XP on an ide disk via another PC, then transfer it over to this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumo View Post
    Can you just bypass the software? I ran it fine w/out it.
    yes, you can just fine unless you want to change the inherant settings, or reinstall the firmware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    Have you tried to run the software in Compabilty mode ?

right click on the software icon and go to properties, select Win XP compability mode.
    yup i tried that, no dice.

Just use a friends laptop, or another pc running XP to download the firmware
    I don't know, I'm an electronics guy.

Back in business!